Panic?

fraggle

Senile Senior
So far the players leaving will be missed but not as dramatically as some are offering. Start with TVD. What has he done except disappoint. 2023 was to be his year, Gattis was gone a new OC and TVD was going to perform. We beat what turns out to be a BAD Texas A&M yet TVD was on the way to a great season based on that game. Unfortunately we got a horrible Dan Marino, fun to watch but no championships. The ACC was there for the taking but Interception, after interception ended that dream. I really thought TVD was 2021 not 2022, sadly I was wrong. I have mentioned in the past, when has TVD been clutch? What late in a game series was he clutch in a comeback win? Emory sacrifices himself 4th and long dives for a 1st down but got hurt. TVD is set for the heroics we expect at the U. Does he come through? Interception!
Chaney makes me think of Zion Nelson, super star that never shows up. I'm sorry he has been injured as I am for Zion but is the now playing Chaney as good as pre injury Chaney. Hard to determine since other RB's out played him yet he got his chances to excel.
Corey Flagg, I remember when we recruited him and he has never lived up to expectations. Weird that he got less effective each year. His stats fell each year and his 4 years here are not remarkable. A journeyman solid college LB.

Now don't get me wrong, I think for each of these the best option was another year at the U and I hate to see them leave but I optimistically think there are probably better players we can get off the cursed portal. I hate the portal but know you live or die using the portal properly and its a fact you will lose DEPTH type players that aren't quite good enough to start at the U. Who have our best players been since Manny was exploiting the portal before most realized the potential of a quick rebuild, our portal additions.

Advertisement
Screenshot_20231128_105759_DuckDuckGo.jpg

i don't get what we are missing.

TVD is a turnover machine
Chaney is NOT homerun threat.
Flagg is flat footed with limited athleticism.
Zion Nelson has been on amber alert almost since he got here.

Fans complain that we don't have difference makers and then get sad when the players that don't make a difference leave!

Flagg was a 3 star player that played over 40 games at Miami. Dude more than lived up to his rating and expectation here. Was thrown into the fire as a TF because the staff had 0 depth at the position that only now seems like it has bodies.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You really threw Marino in there???.. Like you had time to think about it and still went with it??...
Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office
Marino, most fun to watch for sure but what did he win? Its like Griese versus Dan, who won? Starr versus Unitas? who won? My favorite Hurricane QB has been Steve Walsh even though Testaverde was more spectacular but Walsh would NOT have lost the PSU game, that was on Testaverde, Walsh did not cost us games by failure.

Advertisement
So far the players leaving will be missed but not as dramatically as some are offering. Start with TVD. What has he done except disappoint. 2023 was to be his year, Gattis was gone a new OC and TVD was going to perform. We beat what turns out to be a BAD Texas A&M yet TVD was on the way to a great season based on that game. Unfortunately we got a horrible Dan Marino, fun to watch but no championships. The ACC was there for the taking but Interception, after interception ended that dream. I really thought TVD was 2021 not 2022, sadly I was wrong. I have mentioned in the past, when has TVD been clutch? What late in a game series was he clutch in a comeback win? Emory sacrifices himself 4th and long dives for a 1st down but got hurt. TVD is set for the heroics we expect at the U. Does he come through? Interception!
Chaney makes me think of Zion Nelson, super star that never shows up. I'm sorry he has been injured as I am for Zion but is the now playing Chaney as good as pre injury Chaney. Hard to determine since other RB's out played him yet he got his chances to excel.
Corey Flagg, I remember when we recruited him and he has never lived up to expectations. Weird that he got less effective each year. His stats fell each year and his 4 years here are not remarkable. A journeyman solid college LB.

Now don't get me wrong, I think for each of these the best option was another year at the U and I hate to see them leave but I optimistically think there are probably better players we can get off the cursed portal. I hate the portal but know you live or die using the portal properly and its a fact you will lose DEPTH type players that aren't quite good enough to start at the U. Who have our best players been since Manny was exploiting the portal before most realized the potential of a quick rebuild, our portal additions.
Thats enough for today fraggy

Widespread? Yeah amazing band. I’ve seen them probably 50-60 times. They bring it.

Advertisement

Well glad we found the dude on the side of the milk carton safe and alive

i don't get what we are missing.

TVD is a turnover machine
Chaney is NOT homerun threat.
Flagg is flat footed with limited athleticism.
Zion Nelson has been on amber alert almost since he got here.

Fans complain that we don't have difference makers and then get sad when the players that don't make a difference leave!
Don’t forget as @Dwinstitles says Flagg has trex arms

Marino, most fun to watch for sure but what did he win? Its like Griese versus Dan, who won? Starr versus Unitas? who won? My favorite Hurricane QB has been Steve Walsh even though Testaverde was more spectacular but Walsh would NOT have lost the PSU game, that was on Testaverde, Walsh did not cost us games by failure.
Comparing Tyler to a guy that set a multitude of NFL records.. ok...
And your assuming Walsh wouldn't have had a bad game against Penn St..... No fact behind it... Every situation is different...
Fraggle on...

Advertisement
Back