Palmquist

aleahy

Recruit
Premium
We can’t go an entire weekend series and throw Carson for 1 inning. Especially when the bullpen is a disaster in game 3. He has to pitch more.

I like Gino and I’ll generally defer to coach decisions but that is inexcusable and can’t happen. He was available for 2-3 today. He should have come on in the 7th for Gates. We have to do better and he has to pitch. Just stupid.

Advertisement
There is also no reason Arguelles and Dubberly are getting into high leverage situations before Jake Smith. If that was their evaluation coming into the season, it was wrong. Fix it.

Don’t question Dimare managing the pen. We have resident baseball experts on this board who will let you know how ignorant you are.
I’ll generally give a coach the benefit of the doubt, but Palmquist throwing 1 inning this weekend while the bullpen blows game 3 is a no doubt. That was botched.

We could have brought him in T7 after Gates walked 2 guys up 6-4. We didn’t and somehow ended up with Dubberly pitching in the 8th. When Dubberly pitches more in a losing series than Palmquist, then the coaches screwed up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Haha I know
You gotta admit this is the best forum on the board and it’s not even close. We have a handful of regular posters. Almost all are reasonable and knowledgeable. You could argue that we have more experts on the game here, than any other forum as well. Bottom line, most of us LOVE the game and others just love it when the Canes play. Either way we interact and exchange ideas, and have disagreements without it going off the rails like football.

We can’t go an entire weekend series and throw Carson for 1 inning. Especially when the bullpen is a disaster in game 3. He has to pitch more.

I like Gino and I’ll generally defer to coach decisions but that is inexcusable and can’t happen. He was available for 2-3 today. He should have come on in the 7th for Gates. We have to do better and he has to pitch. Just stupid.
Especially the way we were swinging the bats - you knew the 7th was the shutdown inning. Manage the pen the way Kevin Cash manages the Rays (pulling Snell early in game 6 of the WS as the rare mistake) or turn over all pitching decisions/changes to JD. JD has been the one constant coaching success and stability year in and year out. With fewer games this year, you can afford to let Palmquist get 6 or 9 out saves when necessary.

Gino can recruit and has been willing to make changes to his credit, but he's got to get better at pushing the right buttons in key situations.

Advertisement
Back