Palm Beach

Cane Steve

Sophomore
With Dixon’s commitment to Ohio St, I really started thinking about Palm Beach and I wanted to get some feedback/opinions regarding Miami recruiting in that area.

-Do you guys think of Palm Beach as “Miami Territory?”
-Do you think Palm Beach is as important as Dade or Broward?
-How much attention should we be putting in that area?

I decided to do a little review of PBC since Golden has taken over and you may be surprised with some of the results.

Here are the players that were ranked in the 247sports Composite Rankings 2012-2014 or since Golden's first full class on. (If you don’t like 247 or the way I pulled my info, please be my guest to give me another option. If you have to take database info from a national site, at least 247 does an “average score” of sites FWIW).

(Overall State Composite Rank to left). The list of players is sorted by high school FYI.

-11 RB Greg Bryant American Heritage HS/Delray Notre Dame 2013
-27 DT Keith Bryant Atlantic HS Florida State 2013
-13 OT Jessamen Dunker Boynton Beach Community HS Florida 2012
-9 WR Travis Rudolph Cardinal Newman HS 2014
-31 OT Patrick Miller Dwyer HS Auburn 2012
-15 WR Johnnie Dixon Dwyer HS Ohio State 2014
-49 CB William Likely Glades Central HS Maryland 2013
-5 RB Kelvin Taylor Glades Day School Florida 2013
-17 WR Angelo Jean-Louis Palm Beach Central HS Marshall 2012
-5 OT K.C. McDermott Palm Beach Central HS Miami 2014
-14 OT Avery Young Palm Beach Gardens HS Auburn 2012

So based on this, we see that PB has produced 11 “Top 50” players in the 247 rankings from 2012-2014. In the same time period, Broward has produced 24 and Dade has produced 23 “Top 50” prospects; both counties double the production of Palm Beach. (I think the main reason for this has been the complete drop off with Pahokee and Glades Central no longer really in the mix).

So, that brings me to my final question I suppose, is Palm Beach really worth our time? There are no feeder schools and no real “talent factories” ala BTW, MNW, Central. I've also been told that PBC is far behind Broward/Dade in competition level. We’ve had a few verbals and heavy interest kids from the area, but only 1 commit so far(assuming no Rudolph) and he was a legacy.

Being that I’m not from S FL, it seems this county should still be recruited, but should be put far back on the priority list behind Dade/Broward. I just wanted to get yalls opinion on this. Fire away.

Last edited:
Advertisement
O'Leary at FSu too...Not sure his final rank, I know JD his coach has issue with Miami yet Dixon I felt was never in play for Miami...he wants his own identity cant blame him

O'Leary at FSu too...Not sure his final rank, I know JD his coach has issue with Miami yet Dixon I felt was never in play for Miami...he wants his own identity cant blame him

He was class of 2011. I did from 2012 forward, Golden's first full class.

With Dixon’s commitment to Ohio St, I really started thinking about Palm Beach and I wanted to get some feedback/opinions regarding Miami recruiting in that area.

I decided to do a little review of PBC since Golden has taken over and you may be surprised with some of the results.

Here are the players that were ranked in the 247sports Composite Rankings 2012-2014 or since Golden's first full class on. (If you don’t like 247 or the way I pulled my info, please be my guest to give me another option. If you have to take database info from a national site, at least 247 does an “average score” of sites FWIW).

(Overall State Composite Rank to left). The list of players is sorted by high school FYI.

So based on this, we see that PB has produced 11 “Top 50” players in the 247 rankings from 2012-2014. In the same time period, Broward has produced 24 and Dade has produced 23 “Top 50” prospects; both counties double the production of Palm Beach. (I think the main reason for this has been the complete drop off with Pahokee and Glades Central no longer really in the mix).

So, that brings me to my final question I suppose, is Palm Beach really worth our time? There are no feeder schools and no real “talent factories” ala BTW, MNW, Central. I've also been told that PBC is far behind Broward/Dade in competition level. We’ve had a few verbals and heavy interest kids from the area, but only 1 commit so far(assuming no Rudolph) and he was a legacy.

Being that I’m not from S FL, it seems this county should still be recruited, but should be put far back on the priority list behind Dade/Broward. I just wanted to get yalls opinion on this. Fire away.

We just need to win the recruiting battle in the MUCK. no other parts of PB matters imo.

Advertisement
I mean it's definitely still worth the effort. We're closer than any school besides FAU (lol) and not every player has to be a top 50 to be a good recruit. If our recruiting staff is doing their jobs right, it should just be natural for us to recruit players and it's not like we have to drastically exhaust resources to recruit some kids an hour so up the road.

Advertisement
WE need to just not go to dwyer....but head west and into the muck and start showing face in he Pahokee/Belle Glades territory from now on...

sprng practice their etc...

Dwyer is a complete waste of time and effort at this point. No need to kiss *** with their coaching staff.

Riviera Beach and The Muck are both major talent spots. We need to recruit there, period. Might not win as often as we do in Dade and Broward, but have to compete.

Advertisement

If the Muck is still in Palm Beach then we better continue recruiting the **** out of it.

Well, you were in the minority about Dixon. All i remember reading was "cane lock" about Dixon for the last 9 months, largely because he took a lot of unofficial visits, and his mom loves UM.

A few of us maintained that he would not commit to UM if he declined to take an OV, but we were largely ignored.

Even with the OV he elected to go elsewhere.

Riviera Beach and The Muck are both major talent spots. We need to recruit there, period. Might not win as often as we do in Dade and Broward, but have to compete.

The Muck has put out 1 prospect since Golden has been here. The sugar cane industry falling off has hurt that area tremendously

Advertisement
WE need to just not go to dwyer....but head west and into the muck and start showing face in he Pahokee/Belle Glades territory from now on...

sprng practice their etc...

Dwyer is a complete waste of time and effort at this point. No need to kiss *** with their coaching staff.

Exactly

I think you bring up a valid point. There is some disconnect at Dwyer with Miami. Maybe the coaches should address it, or not show as much attention to a Dwyer prospect.

PBC is the least populated of the 3 counties and its the most white of all 3 as well. No offense intended. It cant produce the amount of good players of dade and broward but the quality is the and you get exceptional players from there as well. There are gonna be years when there is not the quantity but here are years when u get special players from PBC

Advertisement
Back