Palm Beach Post Article on Michael Jackson

Advertisement
Always irritates me when I see all the doom and gloom forecasts because of “The ones that got away”. Hopefully those young bucks are also steaming at all the attention the AH guys got.

This was a loaded class at DB, even without those two. Glad to see them already making waves.

Always irritates me when I see all the doom and gloom forecasts because of “The ones that got away”. Hopefully those young bucks are also steaming at all the attention the AH guys got.

This was a loaded class at DB, even without those two. Glad to see them already making waves.

It's not doom and gloom, it's the truth:

We got some great guys and the future looks bright.

AND...

We missed on some very talented guys who we need to start getting if we want to be the best.

It's not doom and gloom, it's the truth:

We got some great guys and the future looks bright.

AND...

We missed on some very talented guys who we need to start getting if we want to be the best.
I agree with what you’re saying but many are not as balanced in their thinking as you. Will be interesting to look back in 3-4 years to see who got the best of it, us or the field.

I agree with what you’re saying but many are not as balanced in their thinking as you. Will be interesting to look back in 3-4 years to see who got the best of it, us or the field.

Yeah, I know. That's my view but you're right that there are some people on here who go full spastic when we don't get a recruit with no regard to who we did get.

Advertisement

The '18 DB class was a colossal failure by the UM staff. You don't win championships with the 4* guys left over after the elite recruiters got all the 5* guys that they wanted....in your own backyard.

Even if the girl you had *** with was pretty hot, if she got gang banged the night before, she's still sloppy seconds.

The '18 DB class was a colossal failure by the UM staff. You don't win championships with the 4* guys left over after the elite recruiters got all the 5* guys that they wanted....in your own backyard.

Even if the girl you had *** with was pretty hot, if she got gang banged the night before, she's still sloppy seconds.

You have no idea who ends up better, Frierson or Campbell, Blades or Surtain. Maybe it’s Ivey who gets drafted first. Until their careers play out claiming anything to be a colossal failure is a complete guess by you.

See, you are exactly who we mean. Everybody wanted to do better last cycle, but "colossal failure" is a colossal exaggeration. We need to start landing some of those dudes who play it out until the end, no doubt. But we did far too well for that class to be called a failure, let alone a colossal one. Step down off the ledge and have another look, we're doing fine.

You have no idea who ends up better, Frierson or Campbell, Blades or Surtain. Maybe it’s Ivey who gets drafted first. Until their careers play out claiming anything to be a colossal failure is a complete guess by you.

I'll take my chances with the 5*. Seems to be Dabo's and Saban's philosophy as well.

Advertisement
See, you are exactly who we mean. Everybody wanted to do better last cycle, but "colossal failure" is a colossal exaggeration. We need to start landing some of those dudes who play it out until the end, no doubt. But we did far too well for that class to be called a failure, let alone a colossal one. Step down off the ledge and have another look, we're doing fine.

We're doing fine if the goal is to win the ACC Coastal. We're not doing fine if the goal is to win championships. We are not gaining ground on the elite programs. Locking down 5* guys in the tri-county is critical. We've landed a total of 3 of them this decade. Not good.

How do you explain Clemson's recent national championship then? Dabo certainly wasn't banging out elite classes prior to that. Nice to know you consider Blade, Hall, Ivey, and Frierson a colossal failure of a haul!

Exaggerate much? While, there was disappointment we still ended up with a very good DB class, one of the best in the country.

And that's the thing. With the depth of DB talent in South Florida, a disappointing class for us is still a **** good class.

If there's one position we can afford to have a poor-recruiting coach, it's DB.

Georgia badly wanted Frierson and Satan badly wanted Hall.

Great article, love what MJ has persevered through, but I don’t understand, our commits are getting gangbanged?

Advertisement
I'll take my chances with the 5*. Seems to be Dabo's and Saban's philosophy as well.

Clemson had a 2* starting at CB this past year, and a 3* at nickel and at one of the safeties. Way to even check the facts there.

The FSU team we beat on the other hand started 3 5*'s in the secondary.

So calling this DB class a colossal failure is so dumb it should be an instant ban. We signed 4 4* DBs, and the 3 who are on campus are already looking like future studs. Yes, Tyson or Pat would have made this a historically great class, but we didn't exactly get left with Nate Dortch and Larry Hope.

We're doing fine if the goal is to win the ACC Coastal. We're not doing fine if the goal is to win championships. We are not gaining ground on the elite programs. Locking down 5* guys in the tri-county is critical. We've landed a total of 3 of them this decade. Not good.

You misunderstand who we have versus who we missed on. I don't dispute that we need to do better, I dispute the idea that our last class was a "colossal failure". ****, I dispute the idea that we've had a class that was a "colossal failure" in the last 5 years.

Nobody thinks we couldn't and shouldn't do better, but the more well balanced among us realize that our recruiting is very good and headed in the right direction.

Bottom line is that until we lock down the best talent in south florida, we are not gaining ground on the elite programs. If the goal is to win championships, every Surtain Jr. and Campbell (tri-county 5*) that don't end up in Coral Gables is a fail. If the goal is 10 wins and coastal titles, then Surtain Jr. and Campbell are "icing on the cake." If the goal is championships, players of that caliber are the cake.

Advertisement
Bottom line is that until we lock down the best talent in south florida, we are not gaining ground on the elite programs. If the goal is to win championships, every Surtain Jr. and Campbell (tri-county 5*) that don't end up in Coral Gables is a fail. If the goal is 10 wins and coastal titles, then Surtain Jr. and Campbell are "icing on the cake." If the goal is championships, players of that caliber are the cake.

Tough to please, which can be a good thing.
We only want the best for our Canes.

The 5* guys weren't going to come running to Miami right away.
2018 was better than Richt's first full recruiting cycle of 2017.
2019 is looking to be even better than 2018.

Things are changing.
Things have changed.
They will come.

This is a clown post. Typical star horing ******. We got 4 of the top 7 CBs on our board. The only reach was Bethel and he could end up to be the best CB in the entire class with his size to speed ratio.

I remember Mossing him in a drill his freshman year lol. He's always had the size and athleticism but he's made incredible strides in his coverage ability. Its awesome seeing a lower rated guy perfect his craft and now he's the #1 rated corner in the country heading into this season.

I'd like to do better, but we're never going to "lock down" all the top kids. There will always be S. Florida kids that kid away. And there's generally so much talent down here that we can't get them all anyway.

That said, we do need to close on more top recruits, especially when we have a solid "in" with them like we did last year with Campbell (and Surtain to a lesser extent). We do, IMO, need more salesmen on the staff, particularly on the def side.

Advertisement
Back