Paging Jaromir Jagr.... Paging Jaromir Jagr...

txcane80

Sophomore
Banned
Sorry that the Miami baseball team keeps winning...... you must be so miserable right now.

Advertisement
Sorry that the Miami baseball team keeps winning...... you must be so miserable right now.

"keeps winning"??????????

We're 28-26, sport. We just reached our longest winning streak of the year - four games - and it took playing a 32-loss team at home AND a miracle comeback.

I know our first sweep of the year - on May 20th - is exciting.

You don't have to page ME when your most recent contribution to the baseball board came on April 1st. Literally seven weeks ago. Back when you celebrated a single win over Wake Forest.

You know that rock bottom is about ten feet below us when we're getting call out threads after beating Virginia Tech at home.

These callout threads from people who barely ever post are ghey as ****, especially since we are still very much on the bubble, and probably must win our next 2 as well.

Advertisement
Jagr is sometimes a bit to brash or harsh but his Cane card is legit, and he knows his baseball, and brings a ton to the board. Neither of which can be said about the OP.

Advertisement
Thread did not go as OP expected.

Wasn't expecting anything other than denial by so-called Miami fans that the season isn't over...

The person you called out posted this before Saturday's game:

I'm telling you guys, conference finish is more important than RPI, and if we win today, we will finish in 6th place ahead of FSU and either Clemson or NC State. Last year Boston College got in ahead of North Carolina even though UNC was literally 20 spots higher in the RPI and had a better record than BC. All because BC went 13-15 (8th place) and North Carolina went 13-17 (10th place) in the conference.

There is still a very slim chance here. But for god's sake, we have to win these last few games.

The stupidity of these call-out guys is just astounding.

Hockey-gnome conveniently excludes the line that bashed the team and Morris (which he edited after the win).

This concierge is as much a fan of the Canes as Spurrier was/is......

We could win 2 more games and make it to the tournament.

They failed at recruiting this year, but I do not fault the underlying strategy. He brought back 4 seniors that batted over 0.300 last year. He also brought in 3 Jucos; Amditis; Rommy (sophomore and former draft pick); Baldor and Barr (who batted ~0.270 last year). One would think that from those 12 players, 9 would emerge. Pitching was very good, but it wore down over the course of the season.

We had 6 players bat well over 0.300 during the second half of the season, after starting at 0.200 during the first half.

The team never, ever quit. We were 12-16 at one point and finished 17-10. If we win 2-games in a row, we are arguably the 4th to 6th best team in the ACC, and they will most likely allow us into the NCAA tournament. That is good coaching. The recruiting strategy failed, but they coached the "team up". [If we win 3 games in a row, the hockey-gnome will be on suicide watch again (just like last year after the BC series).]

Advertisement
(1) What is the concierge thing, seriously?

(2) I follow this team as much as anyone on this board, and I haven't missed a post-season game at The Light in ten years (coming from 200 miles away). Naturally, all of that proves that I get angry when we win.

(2) I follow this team as much as anyone on this board, and I haven't missed a post-season game at The Light in ten years (coming from 200 miles away). Naturally, all of that proves that I get angry when we win.

I don't think any of these guys defending Morris have an IQ score above room temperature

I think "Concierge" is a play on another posters name: Consigliere. A Consigliere is a Mob Boss' Chief of Staff, BTW.

Advertisement

I think "Concierge" is a play on another posters name: Consigliere. A Consigliere is a Mob Boss' Chief of Staff, BTW.

So JJ is The Godfather's secretary?

Hockey-gnome conveniently excludes the line that bashed the team and Morris (which he edited after the win).

This concierge is as much a fan of the Canes as Spurrier was/is......

We could win 2 more games and make it to the tournament.

They failed at recruiting this year, but I do not fault the underlying strategy. He brought back 4 seniors that batted over 0.300 last year. He also brought in 3 Jucos; Amditis; Rommy (sophomore and former draft pick); Baldor and Barr (who batted ~0.270 last year). One would think that from those 12 players, 9 would emerge. Pitching was very good, but it wore down over the course of the season.

We had 6 players bat well over 0.300 during the second half of the season, after starting at 0.200 during the first half.

The team never, ever quit. We were 12-16 at one point and finished 17-10. If we win 2-games in a row, we are arguably the 4th to 6th best team in the ACC, and they will most likely allow us into the NCAA tournament. That is good coaching. The recruiting strategy failed, but they coached the "team up". [If we win 3 games in a row, the hockey-gnome will be on suicide watch again (just like last year after the BC series).]

This guy gets it! Hockey guy has proven his allegiance - post after post!

Nobody is questioning your bona fides! Relax...they are just acting like omg a FAN! Being realistic this team has to at least get to the Championship round on Friday JMO. But stranger things have happened in the NCAA picking teams so yeah hope is still alive, it is on life support but...."chances are one in a million...so were telling you their is a chance!" Playing GT and Wake gives me some hope they will get to Friday but they way they hit is the biggest problem and it showed up in the opening series vs Rutgers and has been a weak spot all year!
Some valid points were made in the post about BC getting in. Losing 2/3 against Dartmouth, 3/4 against FIU not good so........It's not a cut and dried situation for the Canes but they have work to do!
Winning the last four was absolutely what needed to happen. The last win the way it happened regardless who it was against was big and that keeps hope alive, there is NOTHING wrong with that. Keep out of someones face and just cross your fingers! JMO

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back