Pack of Wolves @ Canes 7:00 p.m. ACCn

There has to be another reason IMO. But I doubt we'll know unless he sits again in a save situation tonight.

Surely he doesn't have a tired arm already. Kudos to Torres, but these decisions are beyond baffling.

Advertisement
Walt's final pitch in the win at UF was 92 mph after reaching 98 the inning previous, and he kind of wiggled his arm right after and looked slightly uncomfortable. He was needed on Wed and Fri of this week so he's got to have some type of issue going on. Heck of a job by Torres although that was a scary final out.

It would not surprise me if this was the case. The o’l “were saving Johnny for the championship” strategy. The strategy that gets you beat by 15 in the semis.

We do need another closing option. The ACC opener against a good offensive team, is not the time to find it. You do that with a 3 run lead against BC or on wednesdays.
Doesn't bother me since Torres has been pretty reliable.

There has to be another reason IMO. But I doubt we'll know unless he sits again in a save situation tonight.

Surely he doesn't have a tired arm already. Kudos to Torres, but these decisions are beyond baffling.
Yeah. I can kinda make sense of Wednesday and kinda make sense of Friday even if I didn’t agree with it, but together there has to be something we don’t know.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back