P. Buch's momma ain't that bright.

Cane Dynasty

Thunderdome Survivor
Buchanon says his mother told him he owed her $1 million for raising him.

"Well, that was news to me," wrote Buchanon, who played 10 NFL seasons for five teams. "If my mother taught me anything, it's that this is the most desperate demand that a parent can make on a child. The covenant of having a child is simply that you give your child everything possible, and they owe you nothing beyond a normal amount of love and respect. There is no financial arrangement."................."I offered to buy her a comfortable house in my name for her to live in. This way she wouldn't have to take out any loans or put my little sister and brothers in a situation where the roof over their heads could be taken away. She'd move out of the house that was too big for her and into this new one. Instead, she opted for $15,000 cash.

"I told her that if I gave her the $15,000, not to come calling when she got into trouble. Needless to say, she ended up calling. And, what's worse, she lost the house."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...d-his-mom-is-sad-but-important-172632716.html

Advertisement
He's talking about his momma boy. I'm just the messenger.

You seethose little symbols that look like this """"? Those are called quotation marks. They are used in the English language to identify words that are attributed to a speaker.

First off I ain't your boy . second in assuming U wrote the title, without the afore mentioned quotation marks tough guy

Advertisement
I give her credit for making it an even million. I wonder if she provided him with an itemized invoice? $55k a year to raise a kid? No wonder so many families struggling to be fed.

I give her credit for making it an even million. I wonder if she provided him with an itemized invoice? $55k a year to raise a kid? No wonder so many families struggling to be fed.

Nothing shocks me anymore

Advertisement
I'm impressed by P. Buch's maturity. Suspect that had he given momma the million she would have still lost the house and come asking for more.

Regrettably, I imagine this sort of thing or a variant of it is commonplace.

In an interview I saw of Bernie Kosar he made essentially the same claim, i.e., his father lived in his wallet. I believe Bernie said he lost lots of money because of that. Jerry Stackhouse lived in a gated community outside of Chapel, NC, to get away from some of the members of his family who hassled him for money. Cam Newton's father attempted to sell his son's services, and I think he was a preacher.

Advertisement
Most surprising part of that story is that Phil still had $15k.

He thought about selling jewelry but said **** is for ******s
If I was a mean guy I'd say he tried selling your mom's snatch, but there's not a big market for rotten, diseased putrefaction.

But I'm a nice guy so I won't say that sort of stuff. I'll just wish you the best in your already super successful life, dear friend.

a lot of athletes go through this tyron smith on cowboys basically had to get an order of protection against his family for harassing him over money, espn did a big article on it a few months ago

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back