Owls @ Canes 6 p.m. ACCn

Tough start, fun game to watch. But this pitching will limit our season for sure. So frustrating!

Advertisement
15-6 and 5-1 to start ACC after home series against 2 ranked opponents… not shabby. Good lineup. Starting pitching is a concern but maybe they’ll find their groove. Trying to be hopeful here. Go Canes!
Not allowed. Take that energy to the basketball board where it belongs.

In all seriousness though, we literally only have 2 acc-caliber starting pitchers, and maybe 5/6 arms total - which (unless a few guys find their grooves) is going to be a problem sooner or later.

Having Long as another defensive OF is worth it in itself for what else we’ve been throwing out there. I mean at least he has speed and is a good defender. It’s helps that he is currently hitting like .800, albeit with little ABs, but if nobody is separating themselves, then give him a shot on speed and defense. And then let the DH spot rotate. I don’t get it.
I am new to this Jacoby Long fan club, I may be the newest member.
Do not understand the issue and why he’s not in more. Yes he runs and runs very well . That’s pretty much his deal now I guess.
How about some AB’s ?
He’s one that probably should’ve left after last year for greener pastures.

Jacoby is slashing .312/.386 for his career and has never been caught stealing in 8 attempts. Maybe it is time to give him some more playing time.
Yeah, one start this year at WF struck out once and bunted and almost beat it out.
I think that was the only 2 at bats because that game was short. I don’t know why I think travel or weather . That might have brought his current average down to .600.
So for that, he gets rewarded no starts anymore.
Yet Gomez is hovering .100 or less for the first 20 games or so and starts every game.

Advertisement
I really appreciate you cats that follow the baseball team and post in these game day threads. I’m able to follow the games in here and y’all keep it 💯 and for that, I thank you!!

Go Canes!!
Really like the comments and insights and the opportunity to not get into the Twitter deal where it's pretty much JUST bashing

Advertisement
Back