Overreacting

Anybody blaming Jacurri Brown SMH how with 1 start? good job. Fletcher hurt they refused to play Citizen. D didn't wrap up. The DTs will be fixed, but they got bullied. JaCoby penalties though one was bs on the ref. And the 1st TD for X was not out, they only showed the Sideview not his feet from the front.
Cam Ward or not JB should stay, practice check downs TEs.... either he #2 qb or 2 year starter next yr. With the way D played all year, with a healthy Fletcher and Citizen plus CJ and Lyle, if we get Cam 10-11 wins or JB at worst protecting the ball like today 8-9 wins and ready for 2025.
I don't blame Brown but in no way do I want him as our starting QB and if you do your nuts. He is a mid major QB at best.

Advertisement
Get ****ed off, I don't care. Brown will never start here. If he's good with that he can stay and be a backup. If he wants to play, he can transfer elsewhere.
He has started games here already. So it’s not out of the realm of possibility he does so again in the future

Anybody blaming Jacurri Brown SMH how with 1 start? good job. Fletcher hurt they refused to play Citizen. D didn't wrap up. The DTs will be fixed, but they got bullied. JaCoby penalties though one was bs on the ref. And the 1st TD for X was not out, they only showed the Sideview not his feet from the front.
Cam Ward or not JB should stay, practice check downs TEs.... either he #2 qb or 2 year starter next yr. With the way D played all year, with a healthy Fletcher and Citizen plus CJ and Lyle, if we get Cam 10-11 wins or JB at worst protecting the ball like today 8-9 wins and ready for 2025.
Under reacting.

I for sure over reacted to a ****** bowl but I’m from Nj and still live here. I’ve been getting clowned all day. 2024 was always Mario’s year just wanted to win a bowl game finally
This was an embarrassing loss for the program.
No way around it. Been getting a lot of **** from FSU, UF and my NJ, NY friends as well.
It’s a meaningless bowl game, and it’s not like we lost to FIU but this not a good look.
But I don’t really care about that, I just wanted to see improvement and have hope this program is turning around and it’s not.
My concern is how we lost. We were push around and bullied in the trenches and every other position, terrible game management, head scratching play calls on offense, poor tackling etc. It’s the same **** we’ve been seeing for years. It’s like we never address anything in the two years Mario has been here. I just don’t see this team having gotten much better, and honestly I’m not expecting better result next year either.
We flipped half the roster and we’ve seen one win improvement. I see 6 to 8 wins next year, the same mediocre crap we’ve seen for decades.

He cannot figure out how to call TO at the right time left 50 seconds slip away in 1st half and probably the same in second half. Not that the second half matter fluke onside. But first half we would’ve had time to score a TD if he called a TO on 3rd
At the end of the first half, he played it exactly how you are supposed to lol. What would have happened if X failed to go out of bounds and you ran out of time We would have gotten 0 points and this whole board would have complained that we didn't save those timeouts. Also, the only reason we got into range to go for a TD was because of the 15-yard penalty. The game plan going into that drive was to obviously go for 3, and Mario/Dawson did exactly what they needed to do. Some people on this site clearly don't know ball

Advertisement
The one thing I wanted to see is did he improve from last year. The answer is yes he did. I think he can get better
He definitely did, but he has such a long way to go.
His passing deficiencies are still so bad, we are limited in our play calls. We can’t have a starting QB just throwing to the sidelines, because his accuracy is so inconsistent that he can’t be trusted to use the middle of the field.

Brown is trash, he had his chance, he needs to transfer. He was QB1 for this game and LOST TO ******* RUTGERS which is UNACCEPTABLE for any Miami QB ever. He's had 2 years to figure it out, he hasn't. He's finished here.

Citizen, I'm done with him. He can't get on the field after 2 years then IMO he's Zion Nelson, he'll never play here. Cut his *** and tamper and sign that Mogwai kid from Rutgers that just put 200 yards on us.

Jacolby George is the least athletic and stupidest football player I've ever seen put the U on his head. That play that was a fumble but got called back as a forward pass was about the most unathletic play I've ever seen.... the kid ain't it, he needs to go period.
George is an interesting cat, but hardly the stupidest and least athletic to come through the program.

I actually think Brown played reasonably well relative to my expectations coming into the game. He looked much better than he did last year IMO. I hope we can hold onto him, continue to develop him and see what he looks like in another year or two.

Not sure he is ever going to be a starting caliber quarterback here, but he is a worthy lotto ticket IMO.

JB is not the reason we lost the game. He did everything asked of him well. Problem is they don't trust him enough to open the playbook past basic H.S. plays. Just like Dawson did with TVD after Mighty Mouse got hurt. I would have liked to see JB get a chance running a non watered down offense, even if he was not as successful.

This looked like a Dave Wandstadt special yesterday.

Advertisement
I would have benched him after his first drop. If you **** up, you're on the bench. These kids need to learn the hard way.
That only works when there is someone on the bench capable of running routes and catching the football. We have more 4* WR on the bench than Rutgers has overall 4* on their team, yet they still whooped us.

I am not sure how much to take away from the bowl game, but we gotta beat Rutgers.

We're out there trotting out 3rd string QBs that should be redshirting. 4th string LG and C. Deep bench iDL. Safeties that have barely existed here at the University. Was hard times to watch.

Bowl games don’t matter. And sloppy play is to be expected.

It’s the fact that Miami came out and continued with the same offense that does not work, is the concern.

If you aren’t spreading them out and running read option all game with a QB like Brown, what are you doing?

All we did was run little motion, no tempo, crowd the box, and run the RBs right into it.

And then asked our QB to look through the congested traffic. And constantly put him in 3rd and Long due to the bunching formations.

And that will be what we do next year as well. And it’s impossible to overreact to that. Because we know that’s not going to work next year either. Or the year after. Or the year after.

Problem Mr. Lawyer, is that JB can't throw the ball either. .. you want him to be QB?
200w (14).gif

Advertisement
At the end of the first half, he played it exactly how you are supposed to lol. What would have happened if X failed to go out of bounds and you ran out of time We would have gotten 0 points and this whole board would have complained that we didn't save those timeouts. Also, the only reason we got into range to go for a TD was because of the 15-yard penalty. The game plan going into that drive was to obviously go for 3, and Mario/Dawson did exactly what they needed to do. Some people on this site clearly don't know ball
So ur saying don’t call TO on Rutgers 3rd down with 1:50 left that makes 0 sense

Every coach in college football would have saved their timeouts on third and long when it was an obvious running situation
That makes 0 sense so u lose 1 minute of u trying to score. That’s not good clock management u can think whatever u want but that’s not correct

Advertisement
Every coach in college football would have saved their timeouts on third and long when it was an obvious running situation
I do wish to understand ur thinking tho if u don’t mind explaining why save 2 TOs with 50seconds to go verse 1:30+

I do wish to understand ur thinking tho if u don’t mind explaining why save 2 TOs with 50seconds to go verse 1:30+
I disagree. In the moment, Mario played that pretty well tbh. Those timeouts were indented to be used if we failed to get a first down or failed to go out of bounds. It’s easy to say after the fact that we could have hypothetical used one of those timeouts, but we did a great job moving the ball down the field. At the time, they weren’t needed. You always save those timeouts for the offense. ALWAYS

I disagree. In the moment, Mario played that pretty well tbh. Those timeouts were indented to be used if we failed to get a first down or failed to go out of bounds. It’s easy to say after the fact that we could have hypothetical used one of those timeouts, but we did a great job moving the ball down the field. At the time, they weren’t needed. You always save those timeouts for the offense. ALWAYS
I really don’t think I’ve seen it done that way. Letting 1 minute rip off the clock to get the ball back with 50 or less seconds with 2 TOs just seems like the wrong play. With 1:30+ there’s no rush if u get tackled in bounds at all

Advertisement
Back