Overreacting

Mario's game-day coaching is horrible, which is why I am losing hope. Hopefully, we end up getting Ward and Mario figures out this whole game management thing.
Mario just needs to put together a disciplined football team. Poor tackling, dumb penalties, and a lack of effort costed us that game. It starts by flipping the roster, which Mario is doing. I don't think Mario made any terrible coaching decisions today

Advertisement
People want to blame Brown because he is temporary. So they can take comfort in that. Just like people blamed TVD.

You cannot play a slow methodical style, where you huddle, and then come out in a turtle shell formation and run into the heart of the turtle shell defense you have now created with your formation.

That’s just not how the game is played in 2023.

It’s why TVD all of a sudden went to sh*t. It’s why we struggle to score points against P5 teams.

If you asked every opposing defensive coordinator:

What formation would you most want the opposing offense to run during the game?

The answer would be: what Mario runs.

That’s why nobody else in college football runs it.

I don't think I've ever seen more excuses made for a QB than JB in his limited time here. He's not a great QB. Period. He's a college backup caliber level player. Hopefully he realizes this and sticks around as I don't mind him as a #2. Our next starting QB needs to come from the portal.

Mario is also a **** poor gameday coach.

Two things can be true at once.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mario just needs to put together a disciplined football team. Poor tackling, dumb penalties, and a lack of effort costed us that game. It starts by flipping the roster, which Mario is doing. I don't think Mario made any terrible coaching decisions today
He cannot figure out how to call TO at the right time left 50 seconds slip away in 1st half and probably the same in second half. Not that the second half matter fluke onside. But first half we would’ve had time to score a TD if he called a TO on 3rd

Guys just don’t get it.

Mario checks all the boxes:
-a Miami guy/bleeds orange and green
-embraces the modern (bro football)
-is getting the U back to work
-an elite game day clock manager
-has hired the right ST coach
-just needs to get his guys
-lets his coordinators run unshackled
-has us tough and physical
-a master of run up the middle on 4th downs

Advertisement
Wait hold on…

I haven’t been on the board since before the game

You all are bashing jacurri..But crowned emory when he went 8 for 23 on screens,slants and fade routes? Thats what we doing? Like seriously?

Problem is still with the players imo, m. williams and b. balom looking like they are still in 8th grade. Those are two problems without going too deep.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wait hold on…

I haven’t been on the board since before the game

You all are bashing jacurri..But crowned emory when he went 8 for 23 on screens,slants and fade routes? Thats what we doing? Like seriously?
Nah. Emory sucked balls too. To be fair, most QBs would suck balls in this abortion of an offense.

Anybody blaming Jacurri Brown SMH how with 1 start? good job. Fletcher hurt they refused to play Citizen. D didn't wrap up. The DTs will be fixed, but they got bullied. JaCoby penalties though one was bs on the ref. And the 1st TD for X was not out, they only showed the Sideview not his feet from the front.
Cam Ward or not JB should stay, practice check downs TEs.... either he #2 qb or 2 year starter next yr. With the way D played all year, with a healthy Fletcher and Citizen plus CJ and Lyle, if we get Cam 10-11 wins or JB at worst protecting the ball like today 8-9 wins and ready for 2025.
There’s always something and if we do this and if we do that…just stop…….. a win is 50/50 with team and coaching staff until it’s consistently proved otherwise.

Advertisement
Back