Overreacting

What in the **** is with some of this fanbase’s hard on with JB? By all accounts he is a good kid. Never heard a bad word. He has some interesting tools to be a situational guy. But he is not a starting QB guy here. You should have a higher bar for this programs most important position.
You know who did this to JB?

CIS did this....

His Spring hype was CIS Greentree Kool Aid pumping bull****... JB proved it when the lights went on in the Spring Game, again at the CaneFest Scrimmage, again during Fall camp when the highlight was he could hit the stationary passing net accurately...

His performance today vs those other times was remarkable, but also calls into question the state of our QB room and development.. dude has been on campus for 2 years, what in the **** is going on?

Last edited:
Advertisement
A QB who was one of the most sought after in America at the time of his recruitment who also sat and learned behind a Heisman trophy winner and a HC who excels at QB development.... I mean it would be nice to add all that too...

3.8 yrds a carry is good??? I mean even for a QB??? If it were 15 for 90-100 would at least be worth a conversation. 57????
Lamorne Morris Fox GIF by New Girl
KEN DORSEY
SmartSelect_20231228_202446_Chrome.jpg
himym-how-i-met-your-mother.gif

Brown isn't responsible for blocking on special teams nor George going full ******. That's the sad thing. For as bad as UM played, even with a team of 3rd and 4th stringers, we win the game if UM just plays smart. I cant get over how dumb and undisciplined Cristobal teams are, year in and year out. Maybe it's a generational thing. When I played HS football in 1990s, players wouldn't dream of getting an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. First time, you'd run gassers til you puked. Second time, there was a very real chance our HC would literally order the team to beat the **** out of the offending player to make sure he got the message.

Brown isn't responsible for blocking on special teams nor George going full ******. That's the sad thing. For as bad as UM played, even with a team of 3rd and 4th stringers, we win the game if UM just plays smart. I cant get over how dumb and undisciplined Cristobal teams are, year in and year out. Maybe it's a generational thing. When I played HS football in 1990s, players wouldn't dream of getting an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. First time, you'd run gassers til you puked. Second time, there was a very real chance our HC would literally order the team to beat the **** out of the offending player to make sure he got the message.
Marios last 3 years at Oregon his team was ranked 111, 61, 79 in CFB team penalties. For such a disciplinarian, his teams have never proven to be such.

Advertisement
Marios last 3 years at Oregon his team was ranked 111, 61, 79 in CFB team penalties. For such a disciplinarian, his teams have never proven to be such.

Always strikes me as strange when people say Cristobal is trying to build a tough and fisical team like Harbaugh. Michigan is the least penalized team in the country, Cristobal teams are usually some of the most penalized.

JB wasnt horrible but let’s put to bed all this talk of him being this supreme athlete at QB and how he is an elite runner at QB. He is neither. He hung his hat on something that from what I saw today he is pretty average at. 3.5 YPC is not a good sign for a guy who is still learning how to throw going into year 3…you want to see a supreme athlete who can run at QB? Take a look at buddy from Boston college with the Italian last name. That’s who I thought JB was. He ain’t. So I don’t know what he is really good at at this point to keep him on the roster tbh.

We had no answer for Rutgers running game. Some dumb penalties. This game isn’t squarely on Brown. He kept is in it during some drives.

Advertisement
He's been here too long to keep selling potential. At some point potential has to translate in to results and I haven't EVER seen **** from Brown on the actual field of play that shows anything at all.

He ain't it. Time to cut his *** and let him show his potential somewhere else.

He just complete his 2nd season after redshirting in all but 1 game. He did well today, of course he needs to continue to develop but it wasn’t horrible.

Emory beat Clemson, Brown lost to Rutgers. Emory is the better QB and Emory has more potential.

You can’t be serious now. JB has a lot of work to do but Emoty definitely does as well. We can’t be championing a kid completing 45 % of his passes and avg 140 yards passing. Both those guys have a long way too go. Especially Emory.

JB wasnt horrible but let’s put to bed all this talk of him being this supreme athlete at QB and how he is an elite runner at QB. He is neither. He hung his hat on something that from what I saw today he is pretty average at. 3.5 YPC is not a good sign for a guy who is still learning how to throw going into year 3…you want to see a supreme athlete who can run at QB? Take a look at buddy from Boston college with the Italian last name. That’s who I thought JB was. He ain’t. So I don’t know what he is really good at at this point to keep him on the roster tbh.

I actually think JB should go to an offense that would use him like Colin Klein back in the day.

Advertisement
I only read the thread title and I’m on one tonight….overreacting? Have you seen the past 16 months on field performances? We played Rutgers and we couldn’t score…they made it look like we have no athletes or skill position talent…did you see explosive plays? Did you see anything exciting? This is 2023 we used to be a top program and now we are overreacting when we lose to MTSU, GT and Rutgers…delete your account OP

Mario's game-day coaching is horrible, which is why I am losing hope. Hopefully, we end up getting Ward and Mario figures out this whole game management thing.
Listen, let’s face reality here.
Mario has been around the game of football for several decades now, as a player, assistant coach, head coach and still can’t manage a game clock.
If he can’t learn this simple element of the game by now, he never will.
It’s maddening to watch.

Explain the 57 yds on 15 carries. FYI read option is a run play 🤣🤣. Not a pass read smart.

He lost 9 yards due to getting sack. That’s like 4.5 yards a catch if he doesn’t get sacked but what are we expecting him to be? A Vince Young or a Cam Newton? He’s definitely not that but in the right offense he can be protective. I think he has potential to be Colin Klein type qb in the right system but even that is saying a lot.

Advertisement
Always strikes me as strange when people say Cristobal is trying to build a tough and fisical team like Harbaugh. Michigan is the least penalized team in the country, Cristobal teams are usually some of the most penalized.

All penalties are not equal, but here’s what I find most frustrating:

We’ve improved from total penalties from 2022 to 2023 going from 90th to 65th, HOWEVER. our penalty yards went from 79th in 2022 to 90th this season. In other words, even though we have fewer total penalties this season, those penalties are huge in yardage compared to last season.

Last season, we had 85 total penalties for 720 yards. This year, we have 79 total penalties for 751 yards.

The silver lining is even though we’re a heavily penalized team, at least we’re more disciplined than we were under Diaz.

I for sure over reacted to a ****** bowl but I’m from Nj and still live here. I’ve been getting clowned all day. 2024 was always Mario’s year just wanted to win a bowl game finally

I for sure over reacted to a ****** bowl but I’m from Nj and still live here. I’ve been getting clowned all day. 2024 was always Mario’s year just wanted to win a bowl game finally
I got a text that VCU has 1 less bowl win than Miami in the last 12 tries... VCU doesn't have a football team...

I responded: Mario would be the perfect game day coach for VCU

Advertisement
Back