OV Weekend #2 June 11-13

Excuse me if this is a dumb question but I thought I read that you couldn’t transfer to a school you visited (Official visit) during your recruitment? Or was this maybe just an certain conference rule
If so it has to be a conference rule because Stevenson officially visited UM during his recruitment

Advertisement
Excuse me if this is a dumb question but I thought I read that you couldn’t transfer to a school you visited (Official visit) during your recruitment? Or was this maybe just an certain conference rule
I think you are thinking of a blueshirt (who can't be formally recruited).

Advertisement

No dumb questions. I spoke with one of the writers, and there may currently be a time-limit rule (not a permanent thing). Meaning, if you want the "one-free-transfer" benefit to play immediately, without sitting out, you can't transfer to a school you officially visited for the first 2 years of your eligibility (i.e., Tyrique enrolled at UGa in January 2019, while Mark-Anthony Richards enrolled at Auburn in Summer 2019). You can still apply for a waiver. I'm not sure that rule will stick, once things shake out. But if it does, it only applies to OV schools, so a kid would be limited on immediate eligibility to 4 other schools (assuming he took his fifth to the school he signed with). The Cookout was an unofficial, and this also might explain why Miami isn't as bothered that local kids don't OV to Miami, and take their 5 OVs elsewhere (i.e., Armella).

No dumb questions. I spoke with one of the writers, and there may currently be a time-limit rule (not a permanent thing). Meaning, if you want the "one-free-transfer" benefit to play immediately, without sitting out, you can't transfer to a school you officially visited for the first 2 years of your eligibility (i.e., Tyrique enrolled at UGa in January 2019, while Mark-Anthony Richards enrolled at Auburn in Summer 2019). You can still apply for a waiver. I'm not sure that rule will stick, once things shake out. But if it does, it only applies to OV schools, so a kid would be limited on immediate eligibility to 4 other schools (assuming he took his fifth to the school he signed with). The Cookout was an unofficial, and this also might explain why Miami isn't as bothered that local kids don't OV to Miami, and take their 5 OVs elsewhere (i.e., Armella).

Someone is in a good mood this morning :cool:

Many fine gents on here questioning the "transfer" rule, and I think this originated with a podcast that interviewed Ahmmon Richards, who then made a comment about his brother being prevented from transferring to UM.

Again, anyone is free to jump in and correct me if anything I say misses the mark. I welcome any and all correct information. But the way it was explained to me is this...

Tyrique enrolled in school at UGa in January 2019. Thus, he could transfer to Miami and accept an LOI in the 2021 cycle (which he did, as his IC counts towards 2021, and only Cody Brown and Justice Oluwasuen are 2022 ICs. I believe that the key advantage that Tyrique had was that he had 4 full semesters (spring-fall 2019, spring-fall 2020).

Mark-Anthony Richards enrolled in school at Auburn in Fall 2019. His 4 full semesters (fall 2019, spring-fall 2020, and spring 2021) would have required MAR and UM to wait until Fall 2021 and/or blueshirt. I am not sure whether MAR or UM had bigger issues with this, but for whatever reason, it seems like this was the barrier to pulling the trigger in Spring 2021.

If I haven't properly summarized any of the details on this, feel free to help out.

Advertisement
Someone is in a good mood this morning :cool:

Absolutely! I don't ever wake up in a bad mood. But dopey and/or disrespectful porsters can quickly change my mood!

I love my alma mater. I love my fellow UM alums. When porsters come here to engage in personal attacks on 18 year old kids who picked the U and are working as hard as they can, I'm not going to sit here and upvote those dopes.

But, yeah, there are a ****e-ton of confusing NCAA rules.

Add another visitor to the board

InsideTheU learned Tuesday that one more official visitor will be added to the already strong list of recruits coming down to South Florida this weekend.

Sandersville (Ga.) Washington County offensive lineman Falentha Carswell will be taking his first official visit to Miami beginning Friday. The 6-foot-7, 275-pounder has already been at Alabama, Georgia and Clemson this summer, and now plans to spend a weekend in Coral Gables alongside a number of highly touted prospects that will be taking officials this weekend.

Carswell is a bit of an unknown, but his size alone has major programs intrigued. Georgia Tech, Oregon, Ole Miss and Miami have pulled the trigger on offers, but others could find themselves involved this summer after getting eyes on him.

Add another visitor to the board

InsideTheU learned Tuesday that one more official visitor will be added to the already strong list of recruits coming down to South Florida this weekend.

Sandersville (Ga.) Washington County offensive lineman Falentha Carswell will be taking his first official visit to Miami beginning Friday. The 6-foot-7, 275-pounder has already been at Alabama, Georgia and Clemson this summer, and now plans to spend a weekend in Coral Gables alongside a number of highly touted prospects that will be taking officials this weekend.

Carswell is a bit of an unknown, but his size alone has major programs intrigued. Georgia Tech, Oregon, Ole Miss and Miami have pulled the trigger on offers, but others could find themselves involved this summer after getting eyes on him.
basketball player, with very little sunshine or neck.

Falentha-Carswell-2.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back