Out of the 2 OC hires in the state of Florida

Advertisement
Enos is a much better QB coach and probably harder to shut down completely. Briles will put up huge numbers tho.

Enos could very well be the better hire.

We will find out.

Briles will do very well. He’ll help them win enough to get Willie an extension. Lol “be careful what you wish for” 😂😂😂😂😂

Advertisement
Advertisement
Briles is good but a big question mark for him is how will it translate against better defenses.

I agree with this. I think he's on track to be a star, but having to go against consistently better defenses will be his test. Enos is more battle-tested against good defenses, but Briles has higher upside.

When I was a boy, I remember passing by a Lamborghini on the road one day (or, rather, a Lamborghini passing us by). On the Palmetto near Hialeah, that gleaming red 1987 Countach's sharp angles and bassy engine roar stood out like a loud toucan in a the Q-tip aisle at K-Mart. It was a fast and glorious spaceship on wheels descended from on high to allow us dirty mortals a chance to soak in its glory. I told my dad how much I loved it.

Dad patted the steering wheel of his beige 1982 Buick Skyhawk and said, "I love this car even more."

I could not understand. Was he insane? There is nothing better about this car.

But he explained why I was wrong: "This car is mine. I worked hard to earn it and it is paid off. It carries me to and from work and carries my family around town. That shiny red car does absolutely nothing for me except give me something pretty to look at for a few seconds."

And he was right.

So I say Dan Enos.

Edit: just to be clear - the choice this time is far, far closer than then (and who knows how things may shake out after a few years).

Advertisement
UM is clearly the superior option when one takes each team's respective QB situation into account.

Am highly confident that UM is going to "curb-stomp" FSU next year. There is a high likelihood that UM stomps FSU during the 2020 bout as well, due to each team's QB situation.

Advertisement
Kendall Briles is 36 years old. He started coaching and learning from his father, offensive mastermind Art Briles, when he was a young teenager. He’s been an offensive coordinator officially for 4 seasons. These are his total offenses:

Baylor: 1st
Baylor: 6th
FAU: 9th
Houston: 7th

He hasn’t been associated with offense outside the top 10 yet as an OC.

Depends. We gotta hope that Tua's success in Bama's offense last year (along with his failures at WMU and Ark) influences him schematically and philosophically. I say that because sometimes coaches are just to stubborn like with Richt.

I've been watching some WMU, Arkansas stuff since the hire and it just a bunch of under the center, pro style offensive stuff. That pro style offense just doesn't produce great offenses anymore. Every team that runs a pro style offense barely finishes in the top 50 in offense and it takes longer for younger, more talented QB to learn the system.

Advertisement
Back