Out of state Canes - TV question

CaniacMike21

Senior
I'm moving to Memphis next week. Is it worth it to buy the ESPN Gameplan package? I want to make sure I can watch every game.

Advertisement
I'm moving to Memphis next week. Is it worth it to buy the ESPN Gameplan package? I want to make sure I can watch every game.

Depends on how ok you are with going to a bar to watch a game. Personally I hate watching anywhere but on my couch, so in that case, yes it is worth it. Something to keep in mind: I have DirecTV and last season I got every game except the Duke game, which I had to go to a bar and watch.

**Edit: Some of those are through WatchESPN

Last edited:
I'm in the Atlanta area and I don't buy Gameplan. I'm not sure about Memphis, but in Atlanta the Miami games are usually broadcast somewhere due to the ACC connection.

Advertisement
Watch-ESPN carries a good amount of games.

thefirstrow.eu works some of the time. If you don't mind blocking numerous pop-ups throughout the game.

Here in indianapolis I was able to catch all but 1 game on espn/espnu/espn3 and that's all bc it was on the acc network or somethimg

I'm in the Atlanta area and I don't buy Gameplan. I'm not sure about Memphis, but in Atlanta the Miami games are usually broadcast somewhere due to the ACC connection.

Same in Auburn. I may have to watch the Savannah St game online, but that would probably be it.

Advertisement

Yep I think the bethune game last year was the only game I had to watch online.... as long as u got fox sports south and espn u its all good.

Oh yeah i almost forgot f/x had the ksu disaster on....

Last edited:
I'm in Colorado and I got most of the game using ESPN 3 on my xbox and espn u. the cookman game I had to watch on firstrow website and duke I had to watch online because my cable provider ****ed up and espn3 was down. don't waset money on game plan. find a internet provider that carries ESPN 3 and get espn u and you should be good

Make sure your internet provider carries ESPN3. We'll end up with a couple games internet only via ESPN3.

Other than that, you can pay for WATCH-ESPN, or make sure your TV package carries ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU. Watch-ESPN is good if you don't have those three, if you do, it's just redundant, unless you need to watch a game while mobile.

Personally, I haven't paid for a game via PPV and gameplan in the last couple years, but that's your only option if your internet provider doesn't carry ESPN3.

Advertisement
It's not worth it. Most games r on espn, espn2 or espnu. If you have directv, just get the sports pack and the one or two games that r not on an espn network will be on one of the sports pack channels. If u have an Internet provider that carries espn 3 then gameplan is a complete waste of money

Do not buy Gameplan, it's a waste of money if you're a Canes fan. The few games that aren't televised nationally on one of the ESPN networks will be on ESPN3.com, which is also known as WatchESPN.com. Make sure your cable provider is affiliated with that website (you can look there to see a list of affiliates) and you get free access with your subscription.

firstrowsports.eu is the other alternative, if you don't have E3 access and don't feel like changing your cable provider.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back