Out of Conference 2021

WTF is a Central Connecticut State? And why?
I think a series with Rutgers was cancelled and Central Connecticut a late replacement. I could be wrong though.

As much as I prefer better opponents if Miami prioritizes home games for OOC scheduling we’re going to be limited to lesser G5 or FCS teams.

Advertisement
Alabama (in Atlanta)
App State
Michigan State
Central Connecticut State

I know we do the whole "anytime anywhere" thing, but really, what's the point of a tough schedule nowadays? Cincinnati hasn't played a single P5 team (not ONE) and is ranked above us. I can understand it back in the day when you had to really impress to be the #1 or #2 to get into the NC game, but now they have 4 spots. An undefeated P5 conference champ is basically guaranteed a playoff berth regardless of whether they played the #1 toughest schedule or the #100 toughest.

WTF is a Central Connecticut State? And why?

when the other 3 non-con games are legit programs in a day and age when there’s really no upside to playing more than 1 good team out of conference, CCS is the perfect team for the 4th spot.

when the other 3 non-con games are legit programs in a day and age when there’s really no upside to playing more than 1 good team out of conference, CCS is the perfect team for the 4th spot.
No. I'm not even sure it's an FCS team. Maybe Div. 2? We could put pads on our Cheerleaders and send them out there and they'd notch the W.

Advertisement
Alabama in Atlanta? That is basically a 2nd home for them (3 hour drive, 200 miles). What's wrong with Jacksonville or Orlando? Alabama always wimps out with their out of conference schedule. The other games for them are all at HOME against Southern Miss, New Mexico State, and Mercer. How about Miami, Ohio State, Oregon, and Texas instead? What a joke!
REMEMBER BACK IN THE DAY WHEN IT WAS ANYONE, ANYTIME, ANYPLACE....?!

A lot of yall are assuming these games will actually take place.

If the Covid season has taught yall anything you can't expect to play all these OOC games all over the place.

There's a probability the conferences stick with the conference only schedule next year, Covid isn't going away anytime soon.

If the Covid season has taught yall anything you can't expect to play all these OOC games all over the place.

There's a probability the conferences stick with the conference only schedule next year, Covid isn't going away anytime soon.
But the almighty vaccine....

Or maybe Mercedes Benz stadium is better than any other venue that could have been used.
Canes easily travel to Atlanta. That’s light work
Huge Cane following in Atlanta too. I lived in Atlanta for years. After moving around a lot Atlanta has the biggest Cane following outside of Miami that I've seen. Will still be mostly Bama fans there though.

Advertisement

I was thinking in a similar fashion.

Although I am more optimistic that things might get back to normal; at least when it comes to out of conference games being played due to money but there is no guarantee that any of these games will be played. Especially neutral site ones like the Bama game.

Alabama in Atlanta? That is basically a 2nd home for them (3 hour drive, 200 miles). What's wrong with Jacksonville or Orlando? Alabama always wimps out with their out of conference schedule. The other games for them are all at HOME against Southern Miss, New Mexico State, and Mercer. How about Miami, Ohio State, Oregon, and Texas instead? What a joke!
You suggesting Bama is scared? I say they’re smart. No need to play multiple P5 non conference games. It’s great for fans, but not the best move for the school

Advertisement
Alabama in Atlanta? That is basically a 2nd home for them (3 hour drive, 200 miles). What's wrong with Jacksonville or Orlando? Alabama always wimps out with their out of conference schedule. The other games for them are all at HOME against Southern Miss, New Mexico State, and Mercer. How about
No. I'm not even sure it's an FCS team. Maybe Div. 2? We could put pads on our Cheerleaders and send them out there and they'd notch the W.
Not that it matters, but they are FCS.

Bama at least plays 1 quality OOC team unlike the swamp team a few hours north of us.

Theyve played in years past at neutral sites FSU, Wisconsin, USC, WVU, Michigan and Penn St

Assuming the schedule stays the same, it sets up nicely for us. Win against bama and the bus is rolling. Lose, which no one expects to win, and we still have 10 games to get back up there.

Advertisement
Central Connecticut State was 11-2 in 2019 and made the FCS playoffs fwiw, so they're probably a lot better than FAMU. They only lost to Eastern Michigan, a MAC team by 5.

So they are a better choice than Savannah State? Does that mean we only win by 50 or 60, rather than 74 points. I know it's a good pay day for these smaller schools and during times like these it is sorely needed. But it just seems pointless. Want a cupcake? Schedule FBS teams like UTEP or Rice, or New Mexico State.

Advertisement
Back