Our WR Blocking is Phenomenal

MiamiVice7

Senior
I know it's been said, but I feel the need to highlight this aspect of our offense and give props to our receivers and coaches.

I mean, ****. Our guys block downfield like their lives depend on it. Play after play, we're springing long gains and TDs because our receivers are mushing defenders into Bolivia. They did it all season long.

And what's really impressive is how often they're doing it waaaay downfield and 5+ seconds into the play. It's VERY impressive.

Coley especially was an animal last night. Kid didn't score a TD but sprung at least 2. That's f'n awesome.

Great job all around.

Advertisement
Coley blocked his *** off ALL year... and the NFL has noticed this from what i read.. but..

Mark Walton not only blocks but Pancakes his guys down field... On AR15 TD he comes out of nowhere and destroys his guy...

JC

Last edited:
Advertisement
Malcolm blocked his tail off all night. Very underappreciated for what he brings to the table.

I'd love for him to be granted a 6th year of eligibility. Coley/Richards both blocked great too.

Dugans has clearly done a fine job of coaching his group on blocking.

A major plus for the team....

Coley especially was an animal last night. Kid didn't score a TD but sprung at least 2. That's f'n awesome.

Great job all around.

THIS!! Specifically on the Richards TD. Without Coley blocking downfield for the freshman, we don't get that much needed TD. This is exactly what this team has been missing for years up until now, guys playing for each other. And Coley, a senior, laying a block out for his Freshman counterpart showing true leadership and paving the way for the young guys showing them how it's really done down here at The U.

Advertisement
Coley paved a clear path to the endzone for both Richards and Njoku. His downfield blocking was exceptional all year. Quite the turnaround from early in his career.

Yep. Much better execution than the bubble screens to nowhere that we were accustomed to seeing under the two previous regimes.

Coley blocked his *** off ALL year... and the NFL has noticed this from what i read.. but..

Mark Walton not only blocks but Pancakes his guys down field... On AR15 TD he comes out of nowhere and destroys his guy...

JC

Saw that. Beautiful block. That guy lays the wood.

Advertisement
The best part was after Richards scored, Coley kept plowing his guy right out of the endzone. Think the guy ended up in the stands.

Props to the OP for using Bolivia correctly in a sentence.

Our WR blocking is some of the best I have ever seen at UM. Have you checked Njoku's little brother's highlight reel? It's going to get even better.

I think you have to give Dugans another year before we know about his recruiting. Coaches build relationships when these kids are juniors. For example with Jeudy The Nicktator already was in his living room when he was still wet behind the ears.

The area I would like to see improvement next year is in penalties Canes were 105th in penalty yards.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back