Our Weakness as a team?

Our weakess is depth at OL and LB . WE have a top 5 QB and a top 5 RB core and maybe the best DL talent along with a top 5 TE core and a top 10 WR core. WE ready.

Advertisement
Our weakness vs FSU today is the competition we have played compared to the teams FSU has played to date. We have to be able to raise our game to the next level. We haven't faced athletes like we will face today. How we respond to that challenge will dictate the result of the game.

...but are 77th in Rushing IsoPPP, which measures the explosiveness of runs. Miami has regularly stopped runs, but it ranks in the 60s in runs of 10+ yards allowed, 20+yards allowed and 30+ yards allowed. So the Hurricanes, while stout thus far, can give up some big runs because they play so aggressively...

...However, Kaaya hasn’t really been pressured this season. FSU’s sack percentage vs. FBS teams is at 9.76, which is 18th nationally. The Seminoles may have success slowing him if they can generate even a little bit of pressure...

Chunk 2d level plays are an Achilles' Heel of any aggressive 4-3 scheme (Diaz or not). When you send at least +1 defender than the OL/backfield have to block, then that means there is at least -1 defenders to stop a play that gets through (run/pass) to the 2d level.and beyond...just math...live by the TFL/backfield chaos...die by the lack.of TFL/backfield.chaos

FSU DL vs Miami OL/backfield is a touch concerning until we see how it settles out in the first few series. Is this FSU DL really that much better than GTs? Seemed GTs trench players made Clemson fight for every inch...Miami too. What we did see (at least my perception) was Kaaya not releasing the ball that .0001 sec necessary to avoid the "pass in the dirt". I think there were x3-x4 against GT? Another .0001 sec and its a sack or worse--sack fumble by Kaaya. Im not crticizing the athlete, just whats on tape.

What happens if the FSU DL has success in getting to Kaaya AND the DBs are in man press? Takes away the quick pass, so can Miami WRs create just enough separation to get the ball.behind the DBs?

Can Richt (I firmly believe yes) adjust on fly to call plays to help minimize an area of the O that is struggling at times against what Kelly dials up.on D?

Play calling key in this game, but I suspect athlete execution is tje CRITICAL factor because tje margin of success is much smaller than certainly against our Canes first three foes.

Go Richt. Go Canes. Unleash ****.

As Richt has mentioned how does the team respond when they get punched in the face?
If fsu goes up 14-0, do we roll over and show our belly or fight through it.
fsu will be sky high IMO, and come out on fire, conversely I expect Miami to come out tight. How do we perform once the jitters are gone?

Why would our guys be tight and FSU sky high?

Advertisement
When Kermit is in the slot, put Corn on him. He is the only receiver they have with true vertical speed. Colbert and Redwine can hold up fine on the outside, but I don't want #8 killing us on some wheel route or deep cross off play action.

Cook is gonna get his, and FSU is likely going to score 30+....

The question will be can we outscore them. I think we can.

We need some big plays tonight - especially on 3rd downs. I like that FSU blitzes and brings pressure. I think our offense can be deadly if you leave out WRs in man.

The quality of talent at OT and size at C. Leading to Kaaya having happy feet.
Experience and depth at LB.
The quality and experience of talent at DB.
WR depth and experience (Coley, Berrios, Richards then we drop off to Lewis, Harris, Langham, Mayweather). Mullins and Bruce don't know the full playbook and one is injuried. Thank goodness we have good TEs and RBs to cover the void.

Our dbs and the OL. Our pass coverage scares the **** put of me other than corn. With the OL,i just hope we give kaaya enough time and stop those **** batted passes

Advertisement
Secondary OL RB in that order imo

DB, OL, and KR/PR Returners. RB is a strength.

rb is a strength vs bumb squads......against better teams we will find out but i disagree wit u

So your basing your opinion on they might not do well against good opponents? I'll take a common opponent. Which "RB" group had more rushing yards against GT? UM or Clemson?

Doesnt matter i think its a huge weakness against defenses with speed and if our OL sucks which most agree then it will struggle against a real dl. We need maulers and miami caliber rbs

Lets see if we can run over 150 on fsu...if we can then we destroy them

As Richt has mentioned how does the team respond when they get punched in the face?
fsu will be sky high IMO, and come out on fire, conversely I expect Miami to come out tight. How do we perform once the jitters are gone?

Because everyone has been trashing them all week and contrary to what a lot of people believe they're still pretty good.
We on the other hand have yet to face a team with the athletes they have, which most experts agree on, are better than ours. It's also a very big stage for some guys that were on the high school field this time last year. Some jitters are normal.

I would not be at all surprised to see fsu drive the field on their first possession.

Advertisement
Secondary OL RB in that order imo

DB, OL, and KR/PR Returners. RB is a strength.

rb is a strength vs bumb squads......against better teams we will find out but i disagree wit u

So your basing your opinion on they might not do well against good opponents? I'll take a common opponent. Which "RB" group had more rushing yards against GT? UM or Clemson?

Doesnt matter i think its a huge weakness against defenses with speed and if our OL sucks which most agree then it will struggle against a real dl. We need maulers and miami caliber rbs

Lets see if we can run over 150 on fsu...if we can then we destroy them

It's a huge weakness against teams with speed? I thought you said we have only played bum squads?

9879059.jpg

Our OL. FSU is going to score points, and we need to hold serve. Also, good OL play will allow us to eat the clock, and keep our defense fresh.

If our OL performs, we win.

Advertisement
Can not tell what our weaknesses are yet. We have played absolutely no-one good enough to possibly show any area where we are acting. Possibly today will sow some, but with FSU being so bad, night not be today either.

Main weakness is that we are stepping up the level of competition. Won't be an easy win, but no way should we struggle with such as flawed team.

I see something in both teams that hasn't been used as much as expected....Miami has a slight edge using the tight end and I think FSU will finally have to use theirs extensively..

Because everyone has been trashing them all week and contrary to what a lot of people believe they're still pretty good.
We on the other hand have yet to face a team with the athletes they have, which most experts agree on, are better than ours. It's also a very big stage for some guys that were on the high school field this time last year. Some jitters are normal.

I would not be at all surprised to see fsu drive the field on their first possession.

I think both teams will be amped up and tight.

Advertisement
Back