Our Top 25 priority recruits....

That's not true there is actually a far amount of activity and information in CI's recruiting section.

Go Canes

Advertisement
http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-6685146026114532291/football-recruiting-minkah-fitzpatrick-the-no-1-recruit-in-the-njcom-top-50-high-on-alabama-florida-state/

Fitzpatrick, No. 1 recruit in the NJ.com Top 50, high on Alabama & Florida State

Minkah Fitzpatrick at the N.J. Pylon 7-on-7 (Todderick Hunt/NJ.com)
By Todderick Hunt/NJ.com
on April 09, 2014 9:49 p.m.

Minkah Fitzpatrick, the No. 1 recruit in the NJ.com Top 50, appears to be down to Alabama and Florida State, after fielding offers from most of the top programs across the country. The St. Peter's Prep (Jersey City, N.J.) star discussed the two most recent national championship teams with NJ.com.

Fitzpatrick offered up multiple reasons why the Seminoles will be in the running for his services until the end, most having to do with his relationship with the coaching staff.

“Florida State, coach (Charles) Kelly, the defensive coordinator, is a great defensive coach. He was at Georgia Tech before. He’s a good guy, has a great personality,” said Fitzpatrick, the 6-foot, 185-pound junior. “And (head) coach (Jimbo) Fisher, he’s a great leader on and off the field. He loves to talk to his players and form relationships with them. He also has a great, open personality.”

The Crimson Tide coaching staff has also done a great job relating to the 2013 Star-Ledger First Team All-State selection.

“As for Alabama, (head) coach Nick Saban is one of the greatest coaches of all-time,” said Fitzpatrick. “And coach Kirby Smart – defensive coordinator and also defensive backs coach – he’s a great coach. He knows a lot about the game and I just feel like those are two schools I could learn a lot from.”

Fitzpatrick has visited both schools this off-season as well as Miami (Fla.), Georgia and the University of Florida. He will revisit Alabama Apr. 18 through the 19th for A-Day, and could visit additional schools, but has yet to decide which ones.

Fitzpatrick’s decision could come within the next few months.

“I want to get it out the way before the season, so probably like early summer, mid-summer,” he said.

When asked if he has a good idea which school he will select, Fitzpatrick responded, “Yes sir, definitely.”

Didn't see where he eliminated the Canes?? It 'APPEARS" this story is about him and the last two national championship teams

Advertisement
Deon Cain not being in the top 25 when he's said the coaches have him as the No. 1 ATH on their board is laughable, especially with some of the names on the back end of that list.

Didn't realize Minkah eliminated us earlier this week. Kid was the best CB we've offered. The good news just keeps pouring in this cycle. F***.

We've got a long, long ways to go. But we're off to a disappointing start and with the way we've finished the last two years, there is cause for concern. Trending down with too many elite talents on that list.

you like him over cole?

Advertisement
http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-6685146026114532291/football-recruiting-minkah-fitzpatrick-the-no-1-recruit-in-the-njcom-top-50-high-on-alabama-florida-state/

Fitzpatrick, No. 1 recruit in the NJ.com Top 50, high on Alabama & Florida State

Minkah Fitzpatrick at the N.J. Pylon 7-on-7 (Todderick Hunt/NJ.com)
By Todderick Hunt/NJ.com
on April 09, 2014 9:49 p.m.

Minkah Fitzpatrick, the No. 1 recruit in the NJ.com Top 50, appears to be down to Alabama and Florida State, after fielding offers from most of the top programs across the country. The St. Peter's Prep (Jersey City, N.J.) star discussed the two most recent national championship teams with NJ.com.

Fitzpatrick offered up multiple reasons why the Seminoles will be in the running for his services until the end, most having to do with his relationship with the coaching staff.

“Florida State, coach (Charles) Kelly, the defensive coordinator, is a great defensive coach. He was at Georgia Tech before. He’s a good guy, has a great personality,” said Fitzpatrick, the 6-foot, 185-pound junior. “And (head) coach (Jimbo) Fisher, he’s a great leader on and off the field. He loves to talk to his players and form relationships with them. He also has a great, open personality.”

The Crimson Tide coaching staff has also done a great job relating to the 2013 Star-Ledger First Team All-State selection.

“As for Alabama, (head) coach Nick Saban is one of the greatest coaches of all-time,” said Fitzpatrick. “And coach Kirby Smart – defensive coordinator and also defensive backs coach – he’s a great coach. He knows a lot about the game and I just feel like those are two schools I could learn a lot from.”

Fitzpatrick has visited both schools this off-season as well as Miami (Fla.), Georgia and the University of Florida. He will revisit Alabama Apr. 18 through the 19th for A-Day, and could visit additional schools, but has yet to decide which ones.

Fitzpatrick’s decision could come within the next few months.

“I want to get it out the way before the season, so probably like early summer, mid-summer,” he said.

When asked if he has a good idea which school he will select, Fitzpatrick responded, “Yes sir, definitely.”

Didn't see where he eliminated the Canes?? It 'APPEARS" this story is about him and the last two national championship teams

Maybe he didn't say it but the writing is on the wall.....bleak.

Deon Cain not being in the top 25 when he's said the coaches have him as the No. 1 ATH on their board is laughable, especially with some of the names on the back end of that list.

Didn't realize Minkah eliminated us earlier this week. Kid was the best CB we've offered. The good news just keeps pouring in this cycle. F***.

We've got a long, long ways to go. But we're off to a disappointing start and with the way we've finished the last two years, there is cause for concern. Trending down with too many elite talents on that list.

you like him over cole?

Without question, yes. And that's not a knock on Cole.

What's happened to Devante Phillips? PLEASE don't mention FSU in your response, I get it, they are leading (IN EARLY APRIL). I haven't heard anything about him and he isn't on the list.

Advertisement
So Fitzpatrick likes last year's National Champion and the previous year's National Champion as his #1 and #2. Not a surprise. He's a national recruit willing to move to a winning team. ... I am not sure we have a shot at him or not if we make some noise this year, but kids like him in future years will list us #1/#2 once we are relevant. For now, we just need to stay on him and hope for success on the field and some luck.

Of the local kids, the biggest thing is to not ***** up the DB class. It's as good as 2008 in top talent and deeper.

I dont think this recruiting class will be meaty talent wise, unless we happen to win a few big games (Nebraska, FSU). Other than that dont get your hopes up too high. But you never know.

Advertisement
Back