Our Running Backs

Advertisement
Being medically ready and mentally ready are 2 different things.

Also RB rotation is usually controlled by RB coach unless HC steps in.
I wanted to see him get some carries but if he doesn’t trust the knee yet better to let him work it out during spring.

They just aren’t that talented. Don’t have an nfl RB on the roster in my opinion. Fletcher is good but not overly fast and misses cuts, Parrish is a solid college RB, Allen is average, haven’t seen CJJ, Lyle we will see.

Miami has lacked nfl talent since deejay and homer were on the roster.
I’d argue they aren’t that good either

Duke was prob the last reasonably good RB

Advertisement
I knew the first game when people said we had the "four horseman" at RB, we were in trouble. We had 4 "above average" backs but no one close to being elite or dominant. ZERO explosion or top end speed to break big runs, which puts all the pressure on QB for big plays and on the offense to complete long slow methodical drives which we are in no way disciplined enough to do consistently.

Going into next year, i fear Wario/Dawson see Fletch as a true RB1 which i dont see AT ALL. Fletch lacks top end speed and vision. Solid RB2 or 3 guy IMO.
Parrish is very solid but again no burst or speed so he's limited. Hit his ceiling already
AJ is solid depth but not it
Citizen had RB1 talent but who knows now with injury and mental hurdles
CJ looks freakishly fast which is what we desperately need, really dissappointed we didnt see more of him. Hopefully he adds the weight needed to get 5-10+ snaps every game next year.
Lyle is unknown but i dont see the top end speed in his highlights at all.

Its a very DEEP room but no dominant/elite talent from the top 3 (Citizen, CJ, Lyle are TBD).

I love recruiting top 5-10-20 ranked RBs every year but they don’t seem to consistently shine even when healthy.
I understand rotating the studs and fresh legs but quality backs need their touches to get a ryhthm and wear down the D.
Thoughts?
Play calling goes a long way. Also, you need the other 10 guys on offense to perform

Advertisement
Can we start getting RBs that look like or can be built like that Rutgers RB?

Our RBs over the last 10-15 all look small and never look all that muscular/powerful.

I feel FSwho does a great job of always having a RB that fits that type, and we just can’t get them for what ever reason.

Citizen from the pictures I’ve seen looks like he may fit the model I’m referring, but he stays hurt.
Chaney fit that bill. I think if he’s a featured back he’ll crack 1k somewhere.

Edit- forgot he went to the Cards. He’s def getting 1k yards

This Penn state Rb. It’s been so long since Miami had elite nfl talent that 90% of its fans and this board think guys like George, Young and others over the years are actually nfl caliber. It’s sad. Look at the nfl what dudes are producing that are Canes in skill positions?

Njoku and who? Miami has lacked elite level talent for a very very very long time. You can win 6 to 9 games a year with a handful of 4-7th nfl guys but this rosters has a long way to go before it’s 10 wins or the playoffs. You need multiple 5 stars every year and top 4 stars. Mario has to keep working and I’m sure he knows that.
Sad, but one of the clearest, direct, and accurate posts I’ve seen on here. It’s been a very long time since we’ve had anyone on either side of the ball be “the guy” in that particular matchup, much less have star NFL talent.

Say what we want about the suspect play calling. You take any of those Georgia backs they ran out tonight behind our line and against our competition level and they each run for 1k while splitting time.

On paper it’s changing but what we witness week after week on the field is a product of what you mentioned.

Advertisement
Didn’t they nickname Allen “quick six” during fall camp 😂 lol I’m sorry but that dude played average af. Didn’t look very fast, strong, or quick on most of his carries
Didn't we hear in the off season regarding Allen that people inside the Hecht were saying that he could be a "Jersey Guy"? Basically that means that people thought he had the talent to be a player so good that seeing fans in his jersey would be a common occurrence.

Based on what I saw, that assessment was way off the mark.

Advertisement
Didn't we hear in the off season regarding Allen that people inside the Hecht were saying that he could be a "Jersey Guy"? Basically that means that people thought he had the talent to be a player so good that seeing fans in his jersey would be a common occurrence.

Based on what I saw, that assessment was way off the mark.

That statement was a DMoney special. D$ has been on an absolute heater with his comps lately

Recent DMoney Comps:

Jaylan Knighton = Dalvin Cook
Don Chaney = Willis McGahee
Henry Parrish = Kevin Smith
Thad Franklin = Frank Gore
Mark Fletcher = Alonzo Highsmith

Can we start getting RBs that look like or can be built like that Rutgers RB?

Our RBs over the last 10-15 all look small and never look all that muscular/powerful.

I feel FSwho does a great job of always having a RB that fits that type, and we just can’t get them for what ever reason.

Citizen from the pictures I’ve seen looks like he may fit the model I’m referring, but he stays hurt.
Even our big backs have run small. It's frustrating.

Our last RB that broke off long runs here and there was Cam'ron harris who got a lot of hate on here.

True story.
And same crowd down on this RB group seem to overlook that Fletcher was recruited by all the
big schools, Allen impressed many at Nebraska and Parrish was a prolific back at a school
playing against elite competition (isn't this what the soFla fanboys claim?).

Advertisement
Back