Our Running Backs

joeyhh

Recruit
I love recruiting top 5-10-20 ranked RBs every year but they don’t seem to consistently shine even when healthy.
I understand rotating the studs and fresh legs but quality backs need their touches to get a ryhthm and wear down the D.
Thoughts?

Advertisement
I love recruiting top 5-10-20 ranked RBs every year but they don’t seem to consistently shine even when healthy.
I understand rotating the studs and fresh legs but quality backs need their touches to get a ryhthm and wear down the D.
Thoughts?

They just aren’t that talented. Don’t have an nfl RB on the roster in my opinion. Fletcher is good but not overly fast and misses cuts, Parrish is a solid college RB, Allen is average, haven’t seen CJJ, Lyle we will see.

Miami has lacked nfl talent since deejay and homer were on the roster.

Can we start getting RBs that look like or can be built like that Rutgers RB?

Our RBs over the last 10-15 all look small and never look all that muscular/powerful.

I feel FSwho does a great job of always having a RB that fits that type, and we just can’t get them for what ever reason.

Citizen from the pictures I’ve seen looks like he may fit the model I’m referring, but he stays hurt.

Advertisement
When you see NFL RBs you see a difference.

Henderson at Ohio State
Benson at FSU

The size, agility, vision, speed, balance, cutting ability.

This Penn state Rb. It’s been so long since Miami had elite nfl talent that 90% of its fans and this board think guys like George, Young and others over the years are actually nfl caliber. It’s sad. Look at the nfl what dudes are producing that are Canes in skill positions?

Njoku and who? Miami has lacked elite level talent for a very very very long time. You can win 6 to 9 games a year with a handful of 4-7th nfl guys but this rosters has a long way to go before it’s 10 wins or the playoffs. You need multiple 5 stars every year and top 4 stars. Mario has to keep working and I’m sure he knows that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fletcher and citizen were NFL prospects coming in. injuries suck.
I think Parrish is a very solid back. he makes alot of plays just lacks elite speed.

Hard to say on citizen since he hasn’t played a college snap. He seemed to have the athletic makeup you look for. Fletcher doesn’t have the wiggle or breakaway speed that he would need to be an NFL back. I think he can be a very good college back but I don’t see nfl vision from him right now.

Advertisement
Walk me through why Citizen didn't play again...?
10307~2.jpg

Advertisement
Back