Our roster: Who stays, goes, and draft prospects…

you guys are nuts. You think Keyshawn is athletic enough to play alot for Mario?
Gil I agree shouldn't leave because he has shown he can play, he just had bad coaching.
Nesta has talked a good game but hes not that go. he needs to go.
If J Williams is playing a lot of nickel, who do you have rotating in at safety over Keyshawn?

Advertisement
Here are my guesses (left out a few)

Tyrique — Stays
Nesta — Stays
Zion. — Stays
Ivey. — Stays
Garcia — Stays
Frierson — Transfers
Matocha — Transfers
Keyshawn Washington — Transfers
Reed — Transfers
Hillery — Transfers
Gaynor, Hall — In the portal…
Rambo — 2d Round pick
Harley. — 4th Round pick
Bolden — 5th around pick
Harris — 6th Round pick
D. Johnson —6th Round pick
Ford — UDFA
Donaldson —UDFA
Hedley — UDFA
King — UDFA
Carter — UDFA
J. Williams —UDFA
Hypothetical.....

Ivey transfers, Gil stays, Reed stays (maybe) and Keyshawn stays.

Advertisement
Here are my guesses (left out a few)

Tyrique — Stays
Nesta — Stays
Zion. — Stays
Ivey. — Stays
Garcia — Stays
Frierson — Transfers
Matocha — Transfers
Keyshawn Washington — Transfers
Reed — Transfers
Hillery — Transfers
Gaynor, Hall — In the portal…
Rambo — 2d Round pick
Harley. — 4th Round pick
Bolden — 5th around pick
Harris — 6th Round pick
D. Johnson —6th Round pick
Ford — UDFA
Donaldson —UDFA
Hedley — UDFA
King — UDFA
Carter — UDFA
J. Williams —UDFA
Hypothetical for @Liberty City El - A) Ivey stays but you get Kendall Briles, B) Ivey is gone but you get Kenny Dorsey or C) No Ivey, No Briles, No Dorsey but you get the “Field” for OC.

What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF

Frierson shouldn’t leave.
Nesta will go pro
Tyrique 50/50
I think Matocha will try to fast track his education and will hold on transferring till he gets his bachelors.
Hedley is getting drafted in 7th rd

Why would Keyshawn Washington leave? Will get snaps next year. Will get significant snaps if J Williams is playing a lot at nickel which I think Mario will do

Matocha will stay until he graduates then goes to SMU as a GA/emergency qb like that guy from South Carolina did.

Washington probably sticks around but he was behind Blalom on the depth chart before he got hurt.

Advertisement
- praying my balls off that rique stays
- I think 4th for Harley is too early. 5 to 7 is my guess
- I think unless Bolden has a great combine he may slip later than 5
- If I’m a GM and needed a punter, I’d absolutely use a late round pick on Hedley. As soon as the draft is over it’s a complete free for all and no guarantees you’d get him.
I’m more than happy to trade your balls for attribute staying another year.

Why would Nesta and Ivey participate in Senior day and get carried off the field after the game just to return for next season lol...especially when none were even technically "Seniors" eligibility wise...guess nothing would surprise me with some of these guys but seems odd to be a part of senior day with eligibility left only to return
you can be introduced at senior day and come back. I believe they did that for King, McCloud, Harley, Jarrid Williams etc last year (2020). https://miamihurricanes.com/news/2020/12/12/to-the-seniors-senior-day-tribute/

Advertisement
So why in the world did he decide to participate in Senior day as a Redshirt Sophomore?
2018- Redshirt
2019 - RS Freshman
2020- COVID
2021 - RS Sophomore

4 years at Miami & has degree so he is a senior technically.

Can transfer as a grad and play 2 more years somewhere.

All of the remaining 2018 class are RS Soph or RS Jr depending on if they played more than 4 games in true freshman season.

2018- Redshirt
2019 - RS Freshman
2020- COVID
2021 - RS Sophomore

4 years at Miami & has degree so he is a senior technically.

Can transfer as a grad and play 2 more years somewhere.

All of the remaining 2018 class are RS Soph or RS Jr depending on if they played more than 4 games in true freshman season.
I understand that. It was in response to those saying he is going to return. If he had any plans in returning to Miami why participate in senior day as a R-So. That wouldn't make much sense to me but maybe Diaz being gone and Cristobal here might sway him to return

Advertisement
you can be introduced at senior day and come back. I believe they did that for King, McCloud, Harley, Jarrid Williams etc last year (2020). https://miamihurricanes.com/news/2020/12/12/to-the-seniors-senior-day-tribute/
I know you can do that I was just saying it seemed weird for a r-soph to do that if he was going to return. Maybe Cristobal coming in has changed his mind...last year with King Williams and McCloud they were atleast guys who were listed as "Seniors" but obv got the extra yr with covid

I have no idea. Maybe changed his mind given the coaching change?
Ya I guess I could see that being something that may change his mind. Just felt like him being a part of sr day meant he wanted to transfer elsewhere. Guess we'll find out soon

I know you can do that I was just saying it seemed weird for a r-soph to do that if he was going to return. Maybe Cristobal coming in has changed his mind...last year with King Williams and McCloud they were atleast guys who were listed as "Seniors" but obv got the extra yr with covid
I actually replied to your post about Ivey and Nesta. This still applies.

Also I believe Frierson is a senior academically. It's not rare for to be included on the senior day and to come back.

Advertisement
Back