Our pass D outside Gunter and TH3, whats is wrong with it?

As an aside, remember in the not so distant past when we wouldn't get any interceptions or sacks?

We are making strides, We aren't good as I think we can be, but we can get there. I want to see Coach D, bring a little more heat and allow the CB's to play Man coverage.

Advertisement
Our pass rush comes from McCord, Quan, Chick and Robinson on third down. UNC's no-huddle along with all those 3rd and short to medium situations which left running the football as an option kept that package off the field for most the game. It isn't that hard to figure out. We get teams in 3rd and long and the heat will come.

still letting Qbs have all the time they want....good qbs...driskel was a train wreck and just ****ed up.

renner outside of winston ( we will see how he handles a real pash rush this week) is the best we will see..

Gt and USF qbs were scared renner stood in there and had all the time he needed.

How many sacks did we have against Driskel? How many turnovers directly from his play?

2 sacks....4 tos from him being an ******* with the ball....

Okay so our D had nothing to do with it, just Driskel was a train wreck.

When has driskel played in any game that he tore up the other team like he did us.....yea our D played great and we are MUCH better than last year...but we still are not getting to the QB in big games...it may seem like we sacked Driskel 10 times but only 2 but he got happy feat faster than he had to throwing quicker than he had too....

Driskel's best games:

USCe Completed 69%, 4 TDs no INTs
Tenn completed 70%, 2 TDs no INTs, 81 Rushing Yards
Vandy only threw the ball 12 times (no INTs) but had 177 rushing yards and 3 TDs

Since 2012, Driskel has started 15 games and in 10 of those games he threw ZERO INTs.

You guys are obsessed with these yards and it doesn't show the full picture. These turnovers that we are forcing are killing their drives. Morris threw for 322 yards last night, nobody gives two s.hits because of the turnovers.

Last edited:
Highsmith playing is a big part of last night. Good kid, but he is not a D1 safety. Randy left us nothing at that position....How the **** do we not have a roster full of legit safeties with all the DB's in SO FL! And Dorito has to be saving something for FSU and VT. Very, very vanilla.. At least I hope he is.

:ohlord:

Its because most don't want to play safety anymore. Safeties can't lay big hits like they used to because of all the new safety rules. Also, all of them would rather be the stars and be WR/RB/ whatever other position that gets more attention. Safety is probably one of the most undervalued positions in football.

How many sacks did we have against Driskel? How many turnovers directly from his play?

When has driskel played in any game that he tore up the other team like he did us.....yea our D played great and we are MUCH better than last year...but we still are not getting to the QB in big games...it may seem like we sacked Driskel 10 times but only 2 but he got happy feat faster than he had to throwing quicker than he had too....

Driskel's best games:

Vandy only threw the ball 12 times but had 177 rushing yards and 3 TDs

Since 2012, Driskel has started 15 games. In 10 games he threw ZERO INTs.

You guys are obsessed with these yards and not the full picture. These turnovers that we are forcing are killing their drives.

I stand corrected Driskel is a great Qb...lol...

I know what you are saying and I AGREE with you...of course our D forced those mistakes..my point was some Qbs get happy feet quicker than others and make mistakes...
Driskel in our game was one...he had time yet made bad decisions...last night Morris was the one who made mistakes while renner stood there waited for his receivers to get open and picked us apart for the most parts...

Advertisement
No we're f.ucked.

Interesting that Jeff Driskell's career day featured 3 turnovers.

As for Renner, he threw for 297 and he threw for over 300 already twice this season. He is a decent QB but this is no career day.

He had a career high in yards and Renner had like 23 straight completions.

At one point they threw screens on 4, maybe 5, straight passes. You could complete those passes.

No we're f.ucked.

As for Renner, he threw for 297 and he threw for over 300 already twice this season. He is a decent QB but this is no career day.

At one point they threw screens on 4, maybe 5, straight passes. You could complete those passes.

And about 60 yards on the final drive

Driskel's best games:

You guys are obsessed with these yards and not the full picture. These turnovers that we are forcing are killing their drives.

I know what you are saying and I AGREE with you...of course our D forced those mistakes..my point was some Qbs get happy feet quicker than others and make mistakes...
Driskel in our game was one...he had time yet made bad decisions...last night Morris was the one who made mistakes while renner stood there waited for his receivers to get open and picked us apart for the most parts...

[please note I edited my post before you responded]

Driskel is bad, I never said he was good. I never said he was a quality QB. Don't put that on me that I was saying he is some beast or something, I never said he was good even.

Against us he had a high in yards, mazel tov. He also tied his high for INTs, had 3 turnovers and was unable to run. I am pretty sure when Driskel tells the story to his kids about his career day, he will probably leave out his performance against Miami.

I think the pressure was good against UF. 2 Sacks, 5 TFLs and we eliminated their strength the run. Perhaps if our offense did something (hold the ball for one) we eliminate some of his stats.

Last night the pressure was not so good, we need more. Not going to deny this at all.

But this obsession with yards is so over rated. Morris threw for 322 yards last night, nobody gives two s.hits because of the turnovers.

Driskel's best games:

[please note I edited my post before you responded]

Driskel is bad, I never said he was good. I never said he was a quality QB. Don't put that on me that I was saying he is some beast or something, I never said he was good even.

Against us he had a high in yards, mazel tov. He also tied his high for INTs, had 3 turnovers and was unable to run. I am pretty sure when Driskel tells the story to his kids about his career day, he will probably leave out his performance against Miami.

I think the pressure was good against UF. 2 Sacks, 5 TFLs and we eliminated their strength the run. Perhaps if our offense did something (hold the ball for one) we eliminate some of his stats.

Last night the pressure was not so good, we need more. Not going to deny this at all.

But this obsession with yards is so over rated. Morris threw for 322 yards last night, nobody gives two s.hits because of the turnovers.

fully agree....

Advertisement
No we're f.ucked.

It's also untrue that he threw 23 straight completions.

Renner threw the ball 36 times, probably because they were averaging 2.9 yard per rush. At one point he might have thrown 8 or 9 straight completions.

A big problem I see to many linebackers covering receivers. When teams go to 3 and 4 WR sets, we don't sub in extra corners. We don't run nickel and dime packages.

A big problem I see to many linebackers covering receivers. When teams go to 3 and 4 WR sets, we don't sub in extra corners. We don't run nickel and dime packages.

But you can't always sub, sometimes a RB will motion out and now you have a 3 WR set. Is it wrong to expect that a LB can cover a guy or disrupt a route?

Or if they are in a hurry up offense, it is tough to sub because of the situation.

We have TWO CBs with great ball skills.

haven't had that since Rumph/PBuch

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back