Our Next Head Coach…

CaneTheGaytors

Biletnikoff Award Winner
…has turned Arizona around.

If our BoT refuses to hire Kiffin, or Patterson, or Mullen, or Gundy, then our only hope is that they hire Jedd Fisch.

But knowing our BoT, they’ll hire another abject disaster of a head coach.

Hopefully Jedd is still available in the year 2027 when we finally buy Wario out.

Advertisement

If our BoT refuses to hire Kiffin, or Patterson, or Mullen, or Gundy, then our only hope is that they hire Jedd Fisch.

Hopefully Jedd is still available in the year 2027 when we finally buy Wario out.
Look at my history. Jedd Fisch is the truth. Been watching the Arizona games all year. He’s doing more with less.

Have hope - he previously coached at UM so he's a UM guy and...

Well, that's pretty much the only requirement.

I've watched Arizona games strictly to see what Jedd is doing. It's impressive. It's not just how he gets his team to complete, he's also a **** good talent evaluator.

I don't think he'll be available in 2027... and honestly, I don't think we'll be looking either, regardless of our record. Whether you all like it or not, we aren't aTm. We gotta live through this 'marriage' to CMC. UM has never been a school that throws $ around

Advertisement

Been harping on this all year but not on this board. Jedd Fisch has done an amazing job. I've always liked him going back to his time here as OC and QB coach.

Been harping on this all year but not on this board. Jedd Fisch has done an amazing job. I've always liked him going back to his time here as OC and QB coach.
Me too, brother. He was a very good OC for us. If it wasn’t for Alfredo Folden and D-No, we would have won a lot more games with him as our OC.

He is the complete antithesis of Mario. He wins with less, and adapts his team’s style to his roster. Also doesn’t play to not lose, unlike our current HC.

Advertisement
@CaneTheGaytors

Off topic but isn't it strange how we have all this talent on the OL and recruit so we'll at RB yet Rutgers ran the ball much better than we did and they don't have the threat of a passing game. Another thing is that I'm usually looking at RBs on the opposing team and thinking that they look better than ours. I know that these Bowl games are glorified scrimmages but still. It isn't exactly the first time I've thought this. It goes back to coaching. For all the emphasis on toughness and physicality I'm shocked at how many times we are outdone in those areas. I think it has a lot to do with playing smart. We don't play very smart and that's on coaching.

@CaneTheGaytors

Off topic but isn't it strange how we have all this talent on the OL and recruit so we'll at RB yet Rutgers ran the ball much better than we did and they don't have the threat of a passing game. Another thing is that I'm usually looking at RBs on the opposing team and thinking that they look better than ours. I know that these Bowl games are glorified scrimmages but still. It isn't exactly the first time I've thought this. It goes back to coaching. For all the emphasis on toughness and physicality I'm shocked at how many times we are outdone in those areas. I think it has a lot to do with playing smart. We don't play very smart and that's on coaching.
They had good DT play while we didn't.

They had good DT play while we didn't.
True. I'm just writing things down as I think them so I'm not really thinking it through but it's just frustrating sometimes. I know this was basically a scrimmage and we are decimated on the DL. Next season should be much better in that department. It just sucks that our vaunted OL got pushed around by a middling BIG team.

@CaneTheGaytors

You hit the nail right on the head.

That Rutgers running back and their OL looked hungry and smashed us up front. Our OL looked weak and disinterested

As I’ve stated many times before, a team usually takes on the personality of its head coach. Mario looks like a deer caught in headlights on most game days, and his team follows suit.

Advertisement
I love that hope springs eternal for us. How many regime changes do we need?
  • New coach, ✅
  • New coordinators, ✅
  • Hire from outside with giant notebook, ✅
  • New coordinators ✅
  • New/ old proven coach ✅
  • Spunky inside hire with props ✅
  • Spend TONS of cash on next hire ✅
All this and my old eyes tell me we are getting worse, not better. Frustration has gone to irrelevance. Fan fatigue has finally set in after 20+ years for me. I’ve just come to expect few high and new lows.

You hit the nail right on the head.

That Rutgers running back and their OL looked hungry and smashed us up front. Our OL looked weak and disinterested

As I’ve stated many times before, a team usually takes on the personality of its head coach. Mario looks like a deer caught in headlights on most game days, and his team follows suit.
And then there is the fact that our offense seems unable to execute the most basic of passing plays to keep the chains moving. We play teams that have half the talent we do and they are completing quick slants and stuff to the TE for easy first downs while we struggle mightily to do the same thing on a consistent basis. It seems as if we are always going uphill while other seem to be going downhill with ease. Not always but too many times given the talent levels on each side of the field. We see other teams complete routine pitch and catch type plays where we are giving huge cushion but it's funny that when we run those type plays we never get any cushion. Again this is skewed too much given the "talent" we supposedly have.

Advertisement
Unfortunately we’re stuck with this bum-

I mean the 2024 schedule is taylor made for success-

If he can’t win at least 9-10 wins next year it’s pretty much a rap that he’s cooked-

It’s year 3-

The evidence on him is pretty clear he’s fraudulent.

Unfortunately we’re stuck with this bum-

I mean the 2024 schedule is taylor made for success-

If he can’t win at least 9-10 wins next year it’s pretty much a rap that he’s cooked-

It’s year 3-

The evidence on him is pretty clear he’s fraudulent.
Just look at the game plans and game day coaching/management. Look at the 2 minute drills all season. The guy actually had two timeouts left over at the end of a one score game that we lost. Think about that. Think about the absolutely moribund running game. Think about the fact that when he gets a lead he completely shuts everything down and goes into a prevent 4 corners type shell. Think about how it's the same thing over and over and over again.

A very astute poster said that all the top 3 recruiting classes in the world will not fix what it is that ails us because it isn't necessarily a talent issue. It's a scheme/formation issue and he is right on point with that observation. Sure the infusion of elite talent will help but it won't eliminate the issue. Mario is an elite recruiter and infrastructure builder but that is where his value to a program ends. When it comes to game planning and game day coaching he is literally one of the worst that I have ever seen. Two years into his regime and we still can't run a competent 2 minute drill. 25 years in coaching and he still can't manage the clock or use timeouts. He must hire an OC with head coaching experience and get the heck out of the way. At the very least he needs to have a game day assistant who is always next to him advising him on what to do and why.

Outside of his strengths in recruiting/program building, he is an unmitigated disaster and a tremendous liability on game day. He literally has zero feel for the game and he has a disturbing inability to rationally conceptualize the game in a strategic manner. It's almost as if his brain can't process or comprehend the game in a manner that is anywhere close to the reality that is transpiring right in front of him. It's almost as if his brain is stuck in a type of theoretical fantasy mode that he can't snap out of.

Last edited:
Just look at the game plans and game day coaching/management. Look at the 2 minute drills all season. The guy actually had two timeouts left over at the end of a one score game that we lost. Think about that. Think about the absolutely moribund running game. Think about the fact that when he gets a lead he completely shuts everything down and goes into a prevent type 4 corners shell. Think about how it's the same thing over and over and over again.

A very astute poster said that all the top 3 recruiting classes in the world will not fix what it is that ails us because it isn't necessarily a talent issue. It's a scheme/formation issue and he is right on point with that observation. Sure the infusion of elite talent will help but it won't eliminate the issue. Mario is an elite recruiter and infrastructure builder but that is where his value to a program ends. When it comes to game planning and game day coaching he is literally one of the worst that I have ever seen. Two years into his regime and we still can't run a competent 2 minute drill. 25 years in coaching and he still can't manage the clock or use timeouts. He must hire an OC with head coaching experience and get the heck out of the way. At the very least he needs to have a game day assistant who is always next to him advising him on what to do and why.

Outside of his strengths in recruiting/program building, he is an unmitigated disaster and a tremendous liability on game day. He literally has zero feel for the game and he has a disturbing inability to rationally conceptualize the game in a strategic manner. It's almost as if his brain can't process or comprehend the game in a manner that is anywhere close to the reality that is transpiring right in front of him. It's almost as if his brain is stuck in a type of theoretical fantasy mode that he can't snap out of.

I thought it was funny that someone criticized the timeout before 4th and 2, and said Cristobal's going to regret wasting a TO there. He still finished the game with two timeouts!

Craziest thing is we got a miracle onside recovery and still could have won despite it being an atrocious game in all 3 phases. If the roles are reversed, zero doubt the opponent drives down the field and scores. I fully expected UM to blow that opportunity somehow, and Cristobal didn't disappoint.

Advertisement
Back