Our next HC has to be elite at something.(period)

ScorpioCane

Caniac
Premium
Our current and previous HC situations tells us that our next HC has to be elite at something. In the current college football world the top coaches are either elite recruiters, elite coordinators / X and O's coaches, or elite at both. If you look at all of our past HC's since Butch, non of them have been elite in any of the two categories ( a very small argument can be made for Randy being elite at X and O's, but I would say he is a notch below elite due to his stubbornness and laziness he displayed as a HC ).

Take a look at the HC's who have made the college football playoffs since its existence.

Nick Saban - obviously he is elite at both recruiting and X and O's
Dabo Swinney - obviously an elite recruiter but I would argue that he is not elite at X and O's having never been a coordinator. (How do you augment this by hiring elite coordinators at X and Os to surround yourself with)
Urban Meyer - Elite at both
Jimbo Fisher - Elite at both
Chip Kelly - Elite at X and O's (got the max out of his players at Oregon despite not being the top recruiting class)
Bob Stoops - Probably Elite at both, for sure elite at X and O's
Mark Dantonio - Elite at X and O's (influence heavily by Saban, so enough said)
Chris Petersen - Elite at X and O's
Kirby Smart - Elite at both
Lincoln Riley - Elite at X and O's and probably elite at both now for sure due to offensive production on the field and 2 consecutive Heisman Trophy winnners.
Brian Kelly - Maybe an outlier but I think his history shows from all the coaching stops shows he is elite or near elite at X and O's. Of course the university that he coaches at also has some prestige to add when it come to recruiting.

If you look at Richt he is neither elite at recruiting or X and O's as he has let the game pass him by with the later.

Our next HC must be elite at either recruiting or X and O's and smart of enough to balance out his staff to augment which ever area he may not be elite in.

So if we consider coaching candidates like Mario Cristobal for our next HC when the time comes, he is obviously an elite recruiter and would need to surround himself with elite X and O guys for that formula to work.

Or if we consider candidates like Manny Diaz or other candidates who have been elite coordinators or X and O guys on either side of the ball ,we need to pair them with great recruiters while they are hands on with what ever side of the ball they are elite on to ensure that we stay elite in the phase of the game.

Looking back at our 2016 coaching search that produced Mark Richt, our administration missed and had three candidates that were elite at one of the two in Butch, Mario, and Mullen.

We don't need to make the same mistake twice when the time comes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Honestly this post makes sense. I'd say that leach is an elite X and O's guy also.

You left out one important thing though. Motivators. These guys are elite motivators.
I would say manny is a great motivator but lets see how he does when he doesn't have the talent he had here. We need to see him play ucf and others in that league i guess to judge.

Our current and previous HC situations tells us that our next HC has to be elite at something. In the current college football world the top coaches are either elite recruiters, elite coordinators / X and O's coaches, or elite at both. If you look at all of our past HC's since Butch, non of them have been elite in any of the two categories ( a very small argument can be made for Randy being elite at X and O's, but I would say he is a notch below elite due to his stubbornness and laziness he displayed as a HC ).

Take a look at the HC's who have made the college football playoffs since its existence.

Nick Saban - obviously he is elite at both recruiting and X and O's
Dabo Swinney - obviously an elite recruiter but I would argue that he is not elite at X and O's having never been a coordinator. (How do you augment this by hiring elite coordinators at X and Os to surround yourself with)
Urban Meyer - Elite at both
Jimbo Fisher - Elite at both
Chip Kelly - Elite at X and O's (got the max out of his players at Oregon despite not being the top recruiting class)
Bob Stoops - Probably Elite at both, for sure elite at X and O's
Mark Dantonio - Elite at X and O's (influence heavily by Saban, so enough said)
Chris Petersen - Elite at X and O's
Lincoln Riley - Elite at X and O's and probably elite at both now for sure due to offensive production on the field and 2 consecutive Heisman Trophy winnners.
Brian Kelly - Maybe an outlier but I think his history shows from all the coaching stops shows he is elite or near elite at X and O's. Of course the university that he coaches at also has some prestige to add when it come to recruiting.

If you look at Richt he is neither elite at recruiting or X and O's as he has let the game pass him by with the later.

Our next HC must be elite at either recruiting or X and O's and smart of enough to balance out his staff to augment which ever area he may not be elite in.

So if we consider coaching candidates like Mario Cristobal for our next HC when the time comes, he is obviously an elite recruiter and would need to surround himself with elite X and O guys for that formula to work.

Or if we consider candidates like Manny Diaz or other candidates who have been elite coordinators or X and O guys on either side of the ball ,we need to pair them with great recruiters while they are hands on with what ever side of the ball they are elite on to ensure that we stay elite in the phase of the game.

Looking back at our 2016 coaching search that produced Mark Richt, our administration missed and had three candidates that were elite at one of the two in Butch, Mario, and Mullen.

We don't need to make the same mistake twice when the time comes.
Butch ****ed Miami before, Mario never won at anything, Now he gets to play with Nike money.....Next.

Advertisement
Put Butch, Mario, and Manny in a room. Give the job to the one who comes out alive.
Butch would walk outta the room with their ears tied around his neck on a necklace
58758-1532336916.jpg

Advertisement
This is faulty as Richt was considered ( and the numbers back it up ) one of the top 5-10 recruiting HC in college football. He proved that his first 2 years ( last year was the best class we have had in pure talent in 15 years ) . So this is just a bad premise . There isn't one thing we need from a HC . Richt's troubles have zero to do with recruiting he is having problems doing that because it is soo obvious if we had a great OC this team would be a top 10 team every single year. We are loaded at RB, TE, we have WR that will be pros and yet the offense is well.. offensive. IMO the W-L this year weren't near as big as a deal as how we looked losing . If we had lost the same amount of games but the offense was innovative and fun then we would have a top 10 class at this moment. But Richt is stuck on running a 1995 offense. So we are where we are.

We need to stop giving our head coaches free reign to hire their sons, wives, D'Onofrios, etc

We need an AD that acts like an AD. Force changes when changes need to be made.

This thing didn't have to fall off the tracks the way it did. If Blake James had stepped in and said "Mark, you're hiring an OC" the way Georgia did, then Mark Richt could have won a lot of games here.

But this thing is too far gone. This year's recruiting class is so bad it will take the program 5 years to recover at least. And the whole mess was totally avoidable and self-inflicted.

This year may just be a blip.....Richt usually bounces back big after a poor season.....but my God....this is reaching epic levels

Advertisement
Next year this school better pull up the brinks truck, offer mario, and surround him with elite assistants.

Hes our Dabo. Elite recruiter who, with the right assistants, could be very successful. Bro already has recruiting connections in sfla.

Next year this school better pull up the brinks truck, offer mario, and surround him with elite assistants.

Hes our Dabo. Elite recruiter who, with the right assistants, could be very successful. Bro already has recruiting connections in sfla.

At this point he already has the better job.

Advertisement
Like some said on here it doesn’t matter who we have at hc (**** I mean we could have Saban) it wouldn’t matter with the slapdick ad we have

Advertisement
Back