Our Next Coordinator Should Be...

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23667

So we are officially in "off-seasonish" mode for the rest of the month. With that said, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance (just an educated guess/ I am not an insider) Rhett is gone at the end of this year, but it depends on whether he wants to be the head coach at a smaller program or hold out for the big money. If he goes, I'd expect him to take Garin Justice or Rob Likens with him, though probably not both. Whoever remains would probably be our next OC.

With that said, assuming they both go or that Manny doesn't promote from within, then I nominate Andrew Sowder from Kent State as our next OC. Last year their spread offense averaged over 400 ypg and this year they've averaged almost 600 yards in 2 games.

Here are some highlights from their bowl game last year as well as his bio.

Who do you guys nominate? Realistic options only please! Miami isn't going to steal a big name from a big time program. They never do that. They often pick someone relatively young from a smaller school, some has-been, or they promote from within. I'm hoping they go for option #1 again like they did with Lashlee, someone with play-calling experience in the spread.

Look forward to the discussion. GO CANES!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Id guess Manny promotes Likens and Justice to Co-OC’s. Its the logical move considering both have play calling experience and it gives us continuity in the staff. That said I think we get one more year out of Lashlee.

So we are officially in "off-seasonish" mode for the rest of the month. With that said, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance Rhett is gone at the end of this year, but it depends on whether he wants to be the head coach at a smaller program or hold out for the big money. If he goes, I'd expect him to take Garin Justice or Rob Likens with him, though probably not both. Whoever remains would probably be our next OC.

With that said, assuming they both go or that Manny doesn't promote from within, then I nominate Andrew Sowder from Kent State as our next OC. Last year their spread offense averaged over 400 ypg and this year they've averaged almost 600 yards in 2 games.

Here are some highlights from their bowl game last year as well as his bio.

Who do you guys nominate? Realistic options only please! Miami isn't going to steal a big name from a big time program. They never do that. They often pick someone relatively young from a smaller school, some has-been, or they promote from within. I'm hoping they go for option #1 again like they did with Lashlee, someone with play-calling experience in the spread.

Look forward to the discussion. GO CANES!!!

I'm wondering how you can come up with that (50-50) number. 400 post and you a coach scout! There are about 10 people qualified on this board that make post that can be believed. You aren't one of them

I'm wondering how you can come up with that (50-50) number. 400 post and you a coach scout! There are about 10 people qualified on this board that make post that can be believed. You aren't one of them
You're right. I'm just guesstimating/making conversation. Not an insider, nor am I holding myself out as one. GO CANES!!

Edit: I went ahead and made my non-insider status clear in my post.

Advertisement
I don't think he's going anywhere after this year. He hasn't done enough. While we may be happy with the improvement this team has made over last year, he's proven to make a lot of questionable play calling in games especially against the better defensive teams. If we don't have the explosive plays, this offense is below average at best. If not for the fact we have King, we would be in a lot of trouble on that side of the ball.

I dont see how any big programs would hire Lashlee. He has definitely improved the offense this year but its not that impressive. His play calling at times is just dumb. he laid an egg against the only quality team Miami will play this year besides bowl game. He did have more talent at SMU than he does this year. Unless he wants a small school HC job like liberty or something similar he is around for at least next year.

Advertisement
I personally don't see him leaving for another 2-34 years because what has he proven? King is a made player.
If TVD balls out, then..... I can see him get the recognition to move on up. Obviously just my opinion and I DEFINITELY have no insider info! LOL

I personally don't see him leaving for another 2-34 years because what has he proven? King is a made player.
If TVD balls out, then..... I can see him get the recognition to move on up. Obviously just my opinion and I DEFINITELY have no insider info! LOL
2- 34 years??? Wow..... That's cutting kinda tight... No??? LMAO!!!... I'm sorry.. couldn't help myself...

Advertisement
****! It's a typo but a **** good one!!LMFAO!

Hey it could be true..... So when he retires I'll be 84! God ****! Hopefully with a couple of National Titles at least! :)
Lol!!!.. That means you're my age... I was Apr. 1970... :)

Lol!!!.. That means you're my age... I was Apr. 1970... :)
March 30th, I'll DM you my social while I'm at it!!! Yes sir, just retired from the Fire dept over here and waiting for this covid injection so I can go get another job. I'm too active to stay home. I still think I'm 30!!! LOL

Things must be pretty desperate for someone to pluck Lashlee after a shortened, crazy Covid season. That's a real game gamble unless you're a small school going to make a splash. But, is that a gamble Lash wants to take for the same reasons

Advertisement
I dont see how any big programs would hire Lashlee. He has definitely improved the offense this year but its not that impressive. His play calling at times is just dumb. he laid an egg against the only quality team Miami will play this year besides bowl game. He did have more talent at SMU than he does this year. Unless he wants a small school HC job like liberty or something similar he is around for at least next year.

Lmao.

I think we get one more year from Lashlee
With a better O line, more options at WR, and another year for #2 and #4 at the RB position, our offense will be overall better than it is this year, whether or not King comes back.
If that's the case, especially without King, "he gone".

I don't think Lashlee is as highly regarded as some think. I don't comment on Lashlee because he inherited a C- offensive line and WR's who can't block WR screens or make tuff catches. The OL is 2 years away from possibly being an asset.

Advertisement
Back