Our future defense- could it be-will it be like Denver's?

Advertisement
They have the best trio of corners in the league... that should put this conversation to bed real quick.

Advertisement
So it's not the scheme or coaching it's the players.

Its a combo of the two. sometimes their front 7 makes their corners look great, and other times their corners give their front 7 time to get there.

They also dont play in a P**ssy passive scheme. They have all of their d-line and a linebacker or two trying to get in the backfield every play. That is by design of the scheme. Von Miller was in the backfield all game. Our previous D would've had him somewhere 10-15 yards downfield every play.

its a unique one gap 3-4 system with all pro and pro bowl level talent every where so uhhhh no

Advertisement
Von Miller and Ware are the best combo in the league. If AQM and Chad Thomas train maybe something like this will happen.

But to be clear Carolina has the worst WR's in the league.

Von Miller and Ware are the best combo in the league. If AQM and Chad Thomas train maybe something like this will happen.

I'm going to show my bias (as if my username weren't enough, lol), but I don't think it's entirely fair to say Carolina has the worst WRs in the league. There's no doubt that our guys didn't perform last night, but you have to give much of that credit to Denver. The main problem we had against Denver IMO is that Cam is a rhythm thrower, not a quick-strike guy. If you give him a clean pocket, he'll hurt you. When the defense is in the backfield on every play, it wrecks our offense.

Just curious about our future attacking style defense.

Sure! All we have to do is clone Miller and Ware.

Zach McCloud and Darrion Owens are both quick LB's that could play on opposte sides. Can't sit here and really expect them to have as many moves as 2 pro-bowl OLB but for the college level they could both be great.

Very big "could"! One has not taken a single snap of college football and the other while very athetic has not come close to being as good as those two were in college.

The only thing the Denver defense reminded me of is our ****** Offensive Line.

Their DL in the backfield all night looked a lot like the Clemson game.

Fortunately, Carolina wasn't playing the 'yards don't matter' defense and stayed in the game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Remember the old days when you couldn't wait for the defense to take the field and dominate? We lost some good soldiers to graduation (Burns, Bush, Howard, McCord) but there's enough talent returning to be really good this year. Coach 'em up.

Right, let's not aim for top 25 defense, which should solve a lot of our problems, let's go for best defense in the NFL. Anything less than Super Bowl winning defense in year one is now a failure.

That is a very interesting point about Carolina's WRs. I agree that on paper they are the worst. Question is why did it take the no1 defense in the NFL in the Super Bowl to expose them after Carolina had gone 17-1 with the NFLs best offense?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back