Our finish...by the numbers

NJshoreCane

Go Bust Someone Else’s Balls
Premium
Canes are...
2-6 vs. P5 teams in our last 8.
In all 8 of those games, the opponent scored 1st.
In 5 of those games, the opponent scored at least twice before we scored.

Away/Neutral-
0-6 vs P5 teams.
14 points scored per game average.
Average losing margin is 14 points per game.

Home
Won 9 straight vs P5 teams at hard rock.
5-0 vs Top-50 defenses.
Average winning margin is 17 points.

Duke-
W (Close)

@Georgia Tech-
"@"
See BC rushing
L

Virginia Tech-
"@"
100 something in D after this week
L (Close)

Pittsburgh-
87th in D
115th in O
Statistically the worst team we will play.
0-4 on the road
W

Taking emotions completely out of the equation, how could anyone predict a road win right now?
No game is a gimme, but if we're going by trends, the home games should be a win...after we're down early of course.

We're looking straight down the barrel of a 7-5 season.

Advertisement
I think we're probably looking at 8-4. We've been good at home, and Richt doesn't lose to GT (though he's pretty good at losing to other average *** teams). We won't beat VT in Blacksburg.

Make no mistake though, this team could easily go 6-6.

You are being way way TOO GENEROUS. What you fail to realize is that Richt has LOST this team. This is going to get very ugly until Richt is replaced.

Maybe, but I'm just going by numbers and tendencies.

Advertisement
I think we're probably looking at 8-4. We've been good at home, and Richt doesn't lose to GT (though he's pretty good at losing to other average *** teams). We won't beat VT in Blacksburg.

Make no mistake though, this team could easily go 6-6.

VT is the most overrated team left IMO.
If the trends were somehow flipped I could see a Duke L and a VT W.

Canes are...
2-6 vs. P5 teams in our last 8.
In all 8 of those games, the opponent scored 1st.
In 5 of those games, the opponent scored at least twice before we scored.

Away/Neutral-
0-6 vs P5 teams.
14 points scored per game average.
Average losing margin is 14 points per game.

Home
Won 9 straight vs P5 teams at hard rock.
5-0 vs Top-50 defenses.
Average winning margin is 17 points.

Duke-
W (Close)

@Georgia Tech-
"@"
See BC rushing
L

Virginia Tech-
"@"
100 something in D after this week
L (Close)

Pittsburgh-
87th in D
115th in O
Statistically the worst team we will play.
0-4 on the road
W

Taking emotions completely out of the equation, how could anyone predict a road win right now?
No game is a gimme, but if we're going by trends, the home games should be a win...after we're down early of course.

We're looking straight down the barrel of a 7-5 season.
The Duke game i see as a loss right now. Miami’s offense is just plain horrible. In today’s game teams need to score at least 21 points

Are you guys watching the same games that I'm watching? GT is going to put a whooping on us to say the least. We rarely play a good game at VT and its going to be very cold and loud crowd. The Duke and Pitt games will not be easy. We lose 5 regular season games and the bowl game brothers.

Advertisement
Are you guys watching the same games that I'm watching? GT is going to put a whooping on us to say the least. We rarely play a good game at VT and its going to be very cold and loud crowd. The Duke and Pitt games will not be easy. We lose 5 regular season games and the bowl game brothers.
GT will depend on the D staying in their lanes and being disciplined. I trust our guys to do that.

Actually, that’s not true at all. To win the D has to hold opponents to 13 points... that’s asking way too much.

The Duke game i see as a loss right now. Miami’s offense is just plain horrible. In today’s game teams need to score at least 21 points
I agree that this game could be a problem.
Our offense has been better at home though.

Well if you put up 27 points in 2 games against subpar defenses you aren’t gonna win any of the remaining games. So 5-7

That's where I have us.
With a little luck it drops us to a third tier bowl and an easy opponent.

Advertisement
GT will depend on the D staying in their lanes and being disciplined. I trust our guys to do that.

Actually, that’s not true at all. To win the D has to hold opponents to 13 points... that’s asking way too much.
GT bent over the d last year in the first half and Miami’s d was saved by the rain cuz guys couldn’t catch passes when they threw it and no one could keep their footing.

Well if you put up 27 points in 2 games against subpar defenses you aren’t gonna win any of the remaining games. So 5-7

On the road we've averaged 14 point per game.
That's why I started this thread.
We've become so predictable.

On the flip side, we've averaged 31 ppg at home with Rosier where we're 7-0.
25 GT, 27 Syr, 28 VT, 41 ND, 44 UVA, 26 UNC*, 27 FSU
*I took out the 21 points the D scored vs UNC.

GT bent over the d last year in the first half and Miami’s d was saved by the rain cuz guys couldn’t catch passes when they threw it and no one could keep their footing.

Yeah, given how we played at BC, I don't know where we could say we're in good shape here.
I WAS confident in this game.
Now not so much.

Advertisement
All this being said I'm still rooting my *** off for a 4-0 finish.
GO CANES
!!!!![]_[]!!!!!

Advertisement
Back