Our defense

Saw him on special teams. He didn't play a lot on defense. I wonder what's going on with his development. I thought he would've taken a more prominent role by now and you hardly hear much about him.
Blades is there of the name.

Advertisement
Steele strikes me as a guy who will do whatever he needs to do to win, as opposed to trying what ever message board porsters want to see on their television.
Exactly, this is why it’s good to have a easy game to start the season. Clean this up and let’s move on.

#40 and #4 need to be a LBer. Steed and especially Flagg should be on standby. Ivey… need not play anymore. His eyes are always in the backfield! Stevenson gave a big play, but he’s good to go.
When you say this, know that the wheel route TD by BCU was the sole responsibility of #4. I like Smith but lets not pretend that didnt happen.

The one thing I would say is we have a lot of above avg DL who can flash from time to time but none of them seem to dominate like I would expect a 1st or 2nd rounder to do to Bethune Cookman. My biggest disappointment of the game, for all the hype we should have put a whole lot of pressure on this team.

Advertisement
The defense has holes that good teams are going to exploit. Some can get fixed, some can't. I think we have some serious problems at LB.

If you told me the defense that played today is the defense we'll get the rest of the season then we're in for some trouble.

Advertisement
how did A&M look against Sam Houston? I think we may be alright if they play the way they did.

king tossed a couple INTs and they didn’t run the ball that well, but their defense was lights out.

Gattis is going to have to earn his keep generating points against them, because I expect their DBs to shut down our WRs and a lot of those gaping holes the backs were running through today won’t be there.

Still filled with Manny’s JAGS, I think next year this D will be great.

The commentators talking up Flagg and his high IQ questions for Steele, which apparently he (Steele) was impressed with, had me triggered.

The commentators talking up Flagg and his high IQ questions for Steele, which apparently he (Steele) was impressed with, had me triggered.
Those commentators were horrendous so take whatever they say with a grain of salt

Advertisement
Our defense honestly looked like Mannys in philosophy. But the tackling was way better. Some folks were lost. Too much trying to throw the sink when we should have just manned up. The beginning was embarrassing. Looked more like a play call problem.

Mesidor is easily our best defensive lineman right now, nobody really stood out up front, I keep waiting for the breakout game from Harvey, he physically looks the part, but underwhelms in games. We need more pressure on the qb, those qbs were mobile, but they should've been scrambling for their lives and that didn't happen. I wouldn't mind seeing Davis and Kelly getting more snaps next week and Tae getting more play in back. With that said, it was the first game, there's no way the defense doesn't improve a lot with the coaches we have coaching them up.

Advertisement
Mesidor is easily our best defensive lineman right now, nobody really stood out up front, I keep waiting for the breakout game from Harvey, he physically looks the part, but underwhelms in games. We need more pressure on the qb, those qbs were mobile, but they should've been scrambling for their lives and that didn't happen. I wouldn't mind seeing Davis and Kelly getting more snaps next week and Tae getting more play in back. With that said, it was the first game, there's no way the defense doesn't improve a lot with the coaches we have coaching them up.
Mesidor will be our best defensive player the year I believe, and feels like one of those all star game gameplans where only base defense was called yesterday

No containment on the QB scrambles. That will be fixed.

BC Jones looked pretty good. He'll be in the portal again.

Steele said he assess run defense by plays that are intended to be runs and not qb scrambles with broken down pass plays to be fair to his runs defense. (Not sure how he distinguishes scrambles).

He said they ran 25 yards on 20 attempts.

Advertisement
Back