Our biggest threat saturday

Ozone

Freshman
Premium
Bjoern Werner

He leads fsu in most defensive stats including sacks, tackles for loss, and pass deflections. He's second in interceptions and FFs at the DE position. Who will stop this man?

We need to game plan against this German freak. I saw his Highschool video a while back and it blew my mind. We did recruit him but he choose FSU with a teammate from Connecticut.

http://youtu.be/VKuFaLh_wvw

Advertisement
FSU dline is good, we will see what our oline is made of...

I always struggled against smaller DE's, the bigger stronger and faster the better I did... I think this is same for seantrel and B.Wash... so could be good

I always struggled against smaller DE's, the bigger stronger and faster the better I did... I think this is same for seantrel and B.Wash... so could be good
Whys that,cause there quicker or got longer arms??

Advertisement
He is a nice player...but I think our OL has what it takes to minimize his impact.

Advertisement
He's good, but the O line needs to earn it. No excuses, they need to be good for 4 quarters.

Neither, its about pad level... small guys are a pain because on Run block they are a smaller target and you have to get lower to get a good drive. On pass block, again smaller target and they can get rip underneath much easier that a larger PR

I want to shut them out !!!! Just dominate this game more than any other ....Let's go Canes !!!!

Neither, its about pad level... small guys are a pain because on Run block they are a smaller target and you have to get lower to get a good drive. On pass block, again smaller target and they can get rip underneath much easier that a larger PR

Quick feet alleviates some of that as well. Getting to the point of attack and getting low is key. You are right though, small DT's and DE's are a pain in the ***. However, once you got a hold of them, game over.

Advertisement

Dunno why this didnt occur to me, I played DT and NG. Stoner moment

played ot...absolutely hated blocking the smaller quicker guys.....

-they usually have motors...so u stall them out...and dudes still make a way to get a hurry.
- smaller target...they usually are low built or stay low....
-well plain out speed....those guys usually have wheels..

guarantee if Jenkins is healthy he likely gives more problems than Werner..he likely feeds plays to Werner anyway.

-they usually have motors...so u stall them out...and dudes still make a way to get a hurry.

guarantee if Jenkins is healthy he likely gives more problems than Werner..he likely feeds plays to Werner anyway.

It's about time you make it over to the site. I had asked about you. Glad to see you sharing your insight.

Advertisement
I mean look at the success of small DEs in the NFL, Harrison, Freeney, Wake etc... all are like 6'1 and are ELITE pass rushers. It is a matchup issue for big mauler tackles

It's about time you make it over to the site. I had asked about you. Glad to see you sharing your insight.

lu you the man...love talking football with u and the crew wouldnt/couldnt miss coming over here

Agreed. You can add Elvis Dumervil to that list. Hopefully we can help neutralize him and BJenkins with our blocking TE Dye and chip them with the fullback/rb. However these kids aren't listed small at 6'4, 6'3 respectfully....

Anyway today I have a good feeling that Seantrel and company make their $$. Just like Lamar did vs V tech. Get'em Canes!

I mean look at the success of small DEs in the NFL, Harrison, Freeney, Wake etc... all are like 6'1 and are ELITE pass rushers. It is a matchup issue for big mauler tackles

Dumervil too, you know he is like 5'11 with a wingspan of someone who is like 6'8 lmao... I played him in high school, put that fool out of the game by halftime cant believe he turned in to what he did

Advertisement
Back