Other than cosmetics, is there any reason not to fire Manny after this season?

I gave Richt year one. Year 2 was our best in 15 years. Year 3 when He didn’t make changes I grew tired of him. That’s being a slurper 😂

But once again, this dude says I’m slurping Manny just because I said most coaches struggle their first year

There are about half a dozen dudes on here that don't allow themselves or anyone else one millisecond of enjoyment with this program, regardless of what happens.

It's pathetic.

Advertisement
I think many believe manny is not the answer and won’t become the answer. But he isn’t THE problem.
Plus, to be a good HC you just need to get good coaches around you and fire the losers along the way. Let’s see what he does going forward

People are talking about firing Blake James and firing seemingly every assistant coach.

So we should fire James for hiring Manny, and we should fire the assistants who Manny’s hired.

The one unmentionable is firing Manny Diaz himself.

Why is this? Is it just because of the bad PR that would result from firing a coach after 1 year?
Other than Cosmetics is there any reason not to ban you from the board?

Advertisement
Richt won 9 games in including a dominant bowl win over a higher ranked opponent and 10 games here his first two seasons.

No one has done that here in 20 years.

So there was reason to support Richt until it was obvious he’s lost his fire and desire to make the tough choices he has to make.

That doesn’t make anyone a slurper.
Makes you a fan supporting your team.

I really hate the term slurping.

It’s a word used by basement dwellers with no objective thinking. They don’t understand context or history. They’re highly emotional. If you’re sentence has any reason, logic, or even patience than it doesn’t compute and makes you a slurper. (They also have ***** on the mind which is why that’s their go to word)

You’ll notice the same people think a genius insult is to change the coaches name just a little.( ie. Penos, shabby, golden, dicht.)

I'm as patient as anyone can be, but that loss to VT at home has really made me question this staff. I understand first years, growing pains and all that, but when I don't see signs that things will improve, I get concerned. I excused the poor 2017 finish because of key injuries, but 2018 there was no justification for. I greatly fear that will happen again. Lose to VT, adjust, beat UVA, then backslide.

How they handle the rest of the schedule, and GT in particular, will tell us everything.

VT still ****es me off and if it doesn't **** them off too, there's a problem.

Advertisement
Well to prove you don’t know what you’re talking about just go ahead and show where I “slurped” Manny. Find where I’ve said he’s a good coach or even will be a good coach.

You can’t. I just said most coaches struggle their first season. **** this whole board was convinced Ed O was a corch after the Troy loss right before he tore us a new ********
Etiquette.

I gave Richt year one. Year 2 was our best in 15 years. Year 3 when He didn’t make changes I grew tired of him. That’s being a slurper 😂

But once again, this dude says I’m slurping Manny just because I said most coaches struggle their first year

2017 was really not that successful of a season. The 10-0 was a joke, and the 3 losses were all atrocious. We finished 17th in FPI and 18th in S&P. We were only 12th in FPI when we were 10-0, and the 0-3 ending only caused us to fall 5 places. (Connelly doesn’t keep week to week archives of his SP+ ratings so I don’t know what we were in that system after 10 games.)

We probably wouldn’t have made a Big 6 bowl if it weren’t for the ridiculously lopsided deal where the Orange Bowl has to pick an ACC team even if the ACC champion is in the playoffs. (If the 2019 season ended today, then the Orange Bowl would have to invite an unranked ACC team. That’s how ridiculous that deal is.)

I actually was happier after the 2016 season than after 2017. We finished strong, lost 3 games we could have won with a little more luck, didn’t win any games we could have lost, and closed with a 17 point win over a #14 team. (And over a team that actually deserved to be ranked about where they were, unlike this year’s UVA.) The ACC was good that year, too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back