OT: Will Lawrence and Etienne come back for 2021?

You are extremely wrong as you are vastly underestimating the impact of a once in a generation QB (maybe even the best college QB ever), but I will respect your choice to be a mope.
It's not being a mope to realize the biggest gap is not talent but the schematically not being prepared to play this opponent. We were out coached offensively and defensively.

Peyton Manning, John Elway, Johnny Unitas (the greatest QB in each of their generations), each lost games to less talented team when not properly prepared. In our own history we were bigger under dogs (by 18 points) against the then greatest team ever Nebraska for Championship #1.

Advertisement
No way in **** Ettiene comes back but if the Jets or Washington has the #1 pick would Lawrence come back/sit out the year or force a trade? I can’t blame anyone not wanting to go to either of those teams.

I don't think it will be much different. Our receivers still can't catch. Our LBs will still be chasing Etienne. Our DL will still be taking the wrong gaps. Maybe Lashlee has an adjustment or two if he has a do-over.

Let's call it 42 - 24 Clemson, not as close as the score indicates.
just rewatched game funny you mention receivers but no mention of the horrible passes that were thrown.kings passing tonight was as poor as anybodys play imo lots of underthrown balls and most he had time to throw.

just rewatched game funny you mention receivers but no mention of the horrible passes that were thrown.kings passing tonight was as poor as anybodys play imo lots of underthrown balls and most he had time to throw.
I know King had an off night. That was mentioned in a different thread. But much of that I attribute to going to low percentage passes after falling behind so quickly . We gave up on the intermediate and RB passing. Once Brevin went out, we didn't even try to go to Mallory) or the RBs. You're going to struggle going vertical all night against Clemson with our receivers.

Advertisement
Until now, Clemson has been unbelievably fortunate with (high) draft eligible players returning for their senior seasons. It's the mirror image of Miami and many other schools. With running backs most of all, it's even more baffling yet somehow it happens. Now I know he's already said he'll enter the 2021 draft, but I can easily see that Clemson "magic" work on Trevor Lawrence after the bowl game concludes. Does Trevor shock the world and announce he's returning for one more Tigers season? Or even worse, two more?

Likewise with Travis Etienne. He could have left last year and would have been a high draft choice, yet returned as a senior for another season. Since eligibility is not affected by the 2020 season, does Etienne return for 2021 as well? Logically he should not, but by all logic he should have gone in the draft last year as well.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

It’s mind boggling how Etienne returned. That just doesn’t happen with elite talent at RB. And that’s all I could think of the whole game. We have guys leaving that go undrafted. Clemson keeps top 10 talent. Hard to compete against that.

If they did, they need to get their asses kicked.

I don't come from much, and I don't have much college education (2 years, community college). But even *I* know with that amount of talent in a profession where you have a short shelf life; you need to maximize your dollar earning potential.

Which is why I don't get all that upset when our guys leave early. You need to go get paid; you body doesn't last forever and you need to think about what you're going to do after football after 30, because quite a few guys don't even make it that far.

Advertisement
I know King had an off night. That was mentioned in a different thread. But much of that I attribute to going to low percentage passes after falling behind so quickly . We gave up on the intermediate and RB passing. Once Brevin went out, we didn't even try to go to Mallory) or the RBs. You're going to struggle going vertical all night against Clemson with our receivers.
We did go to Mallory, King underthrew Him resulting in a pick. King's been horrible on deep balls this year, it wasn't an "off night".

Until now, Clemson has been unbelievably fortunate with (high) draft eligible players returning for their senior seasons. It's the mirror image of Miami and many other schools. With running backs most of all, it's even more baffling yet somehow it happens. Now I know he's already said he'll enter the 2021 draft, but I can easily see that Clemson "magic" work on Trevor Lawrence after the bowl game concludes. Does Trevor shock the world and announce he's returning for one more Tigers season? Or even worse, two more?

Likewise with Travis Etienne. He could have left last year and would have been a high draft choice, yet returned as a senior for another season. Since eligibility is not affected by the 2020 season, does Etienne return for 2021 as well? Logically he should not, but by all logic he should have gone in the draft last year as well.
Lol no. !

Advertisement

Yes. They are both coming back. They intend to set all the Clemson statistical records at such a high level that the records will never be broken. Neither one of them has any financial considerations, they are well-paid at Clemson and would be taking pay-cuts to go to the NFL, particularly the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets.

That, and they both LOVE sliding down the playground slide in the Clemson Athletic Center.

Advertisement
Back