OT: Will Lawrence and Etienne come back for 2021?

GojiraCane

All ACC
Until now, Clemson has been unbelievably fortunate with (high) draft eligible players returning for their senior seasons. It's the mirror image of Miami and many other schools. With running backs most of all, it's even more baffling yet somehow it happens. Now I know he's already said he'll enter the 2021 draft, but I can easily see that Clemson "magic" work on Trevor Lawrence after the bowl game concludes. Does Trevor shock the world and announce he's returning for one more Tigers season? Or even worse, two more?

Likewise with Travis Etienne. He could have left last year and would have been a high draft choice, yet returned as a senior for another season. Since eligibility is not affected by the 2020 season, does Etienne return for 2021 as well? Logically he should not, but by all logic he should have gone in the draft last year as well.

Advertisement
The Big Lebowski Whatever GIF

Trevor will leave college having won two National Championships, a Heisman, and will have only lost one game. Trevor has a lot of football to play in the NFL but you are looking at someone that may end up being one of the best to ever play the game. This draft is going to be interesting.

Advertisement
Trevor will leave college having won two National Championships, a Heisman, and will have only lost one game. Trevor has a lot of football to play in the NFL but you are looking at someone that may end up being one of the best to ever play the game. This draft is going to be interesting.

It will be an interesting choice that the Dolphins have if one of their two first round picks is the Number One overall, and Tua has not played in 2020.

Everyone is screeching about the huge talent difference between Miami and Clemson. They don't get that having the one of best QBs in the history of CFB makes it look much, much bigger than it is. And the one game he lost, up to LSU, he went up against a QB who had arguably the best single season for a QB in the history of CFB. Here is a thought experiment. Let's say we switched QBs. Clemson had D'Eriq King and Miami had Trevor Lawrence. What do you think the final score would have been? I think something like 45-41 Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Everyone is screeching about the huge talent difference between Miami and Clemson. They don't get that having the one of best QBs in the history of CFB makes it look much, much bigger than it is. And the one game he lost, up to LSU, he went up against a QB who had arguably the best single season for a QB in the history of CFB. Here is a thought experiment. Let's say we switched QBs. Clemson had D'Eriq King and Miami had Trevor Lawrence. What do you think the final score would have been? I think something like 45-41 Miami.
I don't think it will be much different. Our receivers still can't catch. Our LBs will still be chasing Etienne. Our DL will still be taking the wrong gaps. Maybe Lashlee has an adjustment or two if he has a do-over.

Let's call it 42 - 24 Clemson, not as close as the score indicates.

Until now, Clemson has been unbelievably fortunate with (high) draft eligible players returning for their senior seasons. It's the mirror image of Miami and many other schools. With running backs most of all, it's even more baffling yet somehow it happens. Now I know he's already said he'll enter the 2021 draft, but I can easily see that Clemson "magic" work on Trevor Lawrence after the bowl game concludes. Does Trevor shock the world and announce he's returning for one more Tigers season? Or even worse, two more?

Likewise with Travis Etienne. He could have left last year and would have been a high draft choice, yet returned as a senior for another season. Since eligibility is not affected by the 2020 season, does Etienne return for 2021 as well? Logically he should not, but by all logic he should have gone in the draft last year as well.
By fortunate u mea

By fortunate u mean guys leaving early like Deshawn, Sammy, Dex Lawrence, Cle Ferrell, Nuk Hopkins, Isaiah Simmons. Other than that, no.

If Etienne is allowed to return his parents should be sued for negligence.

A running back's shelf life is like 5 minutes to begin with, unless he comes from money and that isn't a thing.....it would pure stupidity. Not even Blake James would think it's a good idea.

I don't think it will be much different. Our receivers still can't catch. Our LBs will still be chasing Etienne. Our DL will still be taking the wrong gaps. Maybe Lashlee has an adjustment or two if he has a do-over.

Let's call it 42 - 24 Clemson, not as close as the score indicates.

You are extremely wrong as you are vastly underestimating the impact of a once in a generation QB (maybe even the best college QB ever), but I will respect your choice to be a mope.

Advertisement
Back