OT: Stadium Tour

RocketsandCanes

RocketsandCanes
Hey everyone. So in the past I've posted about my goal to watch a game at every FBS team's home stadium. I've been making good progress over the last few years hitting up 4-6 new stadiums per year. This year is obviously going to be much different. My buddies and I are still hoping to hit up one new stadium this year, and since its a weird year we figured we would try and hit up a weird school/stadium.

We've targeted the North Texas Mean Green. They are allowing fans in their stadium and it seems to be only about a half hour (without traffic) from DFW. I know we have some TX posters on here, so I was hoping someone might have an insight on where to get some tickets. Probably for the Southern Miss game on October 3rd, but we are open to other home games too. Stubhub and Seatgeek have a couple tickets but since only season ticket holders are allowed in the stadium, the prices are pretty crazy ($65-$75 for a G5 match up). We aren't above paying that but I figured I would throw it out on here just to see if anyone knew of some season tickets holders in the area that would be willing to part with their tickets for a reasonable price. Thanks!

Side note: Mean Green has to be a top 10 nickname in college football right?

Advertisement
Hey everyone. So in the past I've posted about my goal to watch a game at every FBS team's home stadium. I've been making good progress over the last few years hitting up 4-6 new stadiums per year. This year is obviously going to be much different. My buddies and I are still hoping to hit up one new stadium this year, and since its a weird year we figured we would try and hit up a weird school/stadium.

We've targeted the North Texas Mean Green. They are allowing fans in their stadium and it seems to be only about a half hour (without traffic) from DFW. I know we have some TX posters on here, so I was hoping someone might have an insight on where to get some tickets. Probably for the Southern Miss game on October 3rd, but we are open to other home games too. Stubhub and Seatgeek have a couple tickets but since only season ticket holders are allowed in the stadium, the prices are pretty crazy ($65-$75 for a G5 match up). We aren't above paying that but I figured I would throw it out on here just to see if anyone knew of some season tickets holders in the area that would be willing to part with their tickets for a reasonable price. Thanks!

Side note: Mean Green has to be a top 10 nickname in college football right?
Have to ask, what do you do for a living?

Have to ask, what do you do for a living?
I'm a lawyer. But I started doing this as a college student so the budget has always been a big factor. I usually buy the cheapest tickets available and drive to as many of the games as possible. Thankfully I've lived in areas that have quite a few stadiums within driving distance. This year me and a couple buddies figured since we are only trying to hit up one game that we wouldn't mind spending a little more cash than usual.

Advertisement
Tell me this list doesn’t include the **** bucket known as the swamp?
Haha I wish it didn't but it definitely does. I will probably wait until the next time UM plays there to go. That's what I did with Tally too. Thankfully I have some family in Ormond Beach though so I will likely stay with them and make the couple hour drive rather than fester in the swamp.

Advertisement
I'm a lawyer. But I started doing this as a college student so the budget has always been a big factor. I usually buy the cheapest tickets available and drive to as many of the games as possible. Thankfully I've lived in areas that have quite a few stadiums within driving distance. This year me and a couple buddies figured since we are only trying to hit up one game that we wouldn't mind spending a little more cash than usual.
One summer we a baseball stadium road trip tour, Philly, Toronto, Montreal (yeah the Expos), Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, and then the Greatest of All, The Old Yankee Stadium.

One summer we a baseball stadium road trip tour, Philly, Toronto, Montreal (yeah the Expos), Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, and then the Greatest of All, The Old Yankee Stadium.
That's a badass trip! I always loved watching Vladdy with the Expos on tv. Would love to take a similar trip one day. Baseball is my favorite sport so I always enjoy when I get the opportunity to check out a new ballpark. Was it weird watching a baseball game in Olympic stadium? I always heard it was set up pretty odd for baseball games.

I'm also really jealous of old Yankee stadium. I've been to the new one, but I'm sure the old one had to be way more fun to go to.

Advertisement
My buddies and I have gone on trips the past 10 years where we go to NFL games and College games at the same time as long as their in close proixmity. Last year we went to New Orleans for the weekend. On Saturday we saw Tulane play UCF at 11am and then drove to Baton Rouge an hour away and saw Arkansas vs LSU... the next day we saw the Saints play.

That's a badass trip! I always loved watching Vladdy with the Expos on tv. Would love to take a similar trip one day. Baseball is my favorite sport so I always enjoy when I get the opportunity to check out a new ballpark. Was it weird watching a baseball game in Olympic stadium? I always heard it was set up pretty odd for baseball games.

I'm also really jealous of old Yankee stadium. I've been to the new one, but I'm sure the old one had to be way more fun to go to.
I loved Olympic Stadium. It didn't have all the bells and whistles, but then again what stadium built pre-1990 did?

It would be great to see the Expos return to Montreal. I still think that the Rays should move to Montreal and re-brand as the Expos. It would make perfect sense logistically and as long as there was strong financial support the fans would show up. The problem in Montreal was always that ownership never wanted to keep players when they hit arbitration. Rays ownership/management is among the best in baseball so almost assuredly the fans would come out to games at a higher rate than they do in Tampa Bay.

Can't help with tickets, but I had a track meet there back in high school (1995). Was a fairly decent stadium but didn't have any covered seating. May have obviously changed since then.

Advertisement
My buddies and I have gone on trips the past 10 years where we go to NFL games and College games at the same time as long as their in close proixmity. Last year we went to New Orleans for the weekend. On Saturday we saw Tulane play UCF at 11am and then drove to Baton Rouge an hour away and saw Arkansas vs LSU... the next day we saw the Saints play.
You and I would get along. That is exactly the kind of trip that I like to plan. 3 games in a weekend including a weird 11am G5 matchup? **** yeah.

I loved Olympic Stadium. It didn't have all the bells and whistles, but then again what stadium built pre-1990 did?

It would be great to see the Expos return to Montreal. I still think that the Rays should move to Montreal and re-brand as the Expos. It would make perfect sense logistically and as long as there was strong financial support the fans would show up. The problem in Montreal was always that ownership never wanted to keep players when they hit arbitration. Rays ownership/management is among the best in baseball so almost assuredly the fans would come out to games at a higher rate than they do in Tampa Bay.
I hope Montreal gets the Expos 2.0 as well! And yeah Olympic Stadium was built in the 70's. Would have loved to check it out.

You and I would get along. That is exactly the kind of trip that I like to plan. 3 games in a weekend including a weird 11am G5 matchup? **** yeah.

NFL wise we've been to: Tampa, Jax, Atlanta (Ga dome), Carolina, Tennessee, New Orleans, K.C, St. Louis, Chicago, Detroit, Indy, Cincy, Baltimore, D.C., Philly, Pitt, Green Bay, Minnesota (new stadium), Houston, Dallas, Arizona, San Fran (candlestick), Oakland, Seattle

College: Tulane, LSU, Northwestern, Wisconsin, South Carolina, Kentucky, Texas-Oklahoma (cotton bowl)

Advertisement
Back