OT: What happened to Michigan State?

Advertisement
Window is closed for Michigan State.

They rose when Ohio State was really the only decent team in the B1G. And they were using the exact same model Tressel was using to build their program.

With Meyer and Harbaugh in the division, I think it's over for MSU.

Dantonio is still a good coach. But he's not on the level of those other 2. And he's not the recruiter Franklin is at PSU. ****, Maryland may even pass them in the not too distant future.

Advertisement

They rose when Ohio State was really the only decent team in the B1G. And they were using the exact same model Tressel was using to build their program.

Dantonio is still a good coach. But he's not on the level of those other 2. And he's not the recruiter Franklin is at PSU. ****, Maryland may even pass them in the not too distant future.

Thank you for the only reply worth reading.

I am not sure Dantonio can recruit enough players to consistently compete with Ohio State and Michigan. Nick Saban had the same problem. Saban had 4 seasons playing coaching .500 ball, finally had a decent season at 9 wins and bolted for LSU.

Advertisement

Thank you for the only reply worth reading.

I am not sure Dantonio can recruit enough players to consistently compete with Ohio State and Michigan. Nick Saban had the same problem. Saban had 4 seasons playing coaching .500 ball, finally had a decent season at 9 wins and bolted for LSU.

The rise of OSU and Michigan definitely hurts MSU, and if PedState ever gets it going, they could hurt Sparty with regards
to some of the Ohio players.
Otherwise, they can still be a very good B10 program, especially against the Wisconsins, Iowas, etc.
Lots of good players in the state of Michigan and nearby Ohio and MSU has a pretty liberal academic acceptance
stance.

Advertisement
Back