Off-Topic Vidja Games...Whatcha playin'?

Advertisement
Haven’t played any video games since high school almost 30 years ago. Trying to keep my kids off them too. Really wasted a lot of good times sitting in front of my PlayStation 1. Get outside and have some real fun. Hunt, fish, camp, shoot, MTB, boating, to many hobbies to waste time on video games.
I do those things as well on top of having a family and still play video games. So what’s your point?

Wow I really loved KOTOR2, that’s what really got me into those types of games actually. Yeah my friend gave me a quick recommendation to play outer lands and I really liked and was pleasantly surprised by it.

sounds super lame but my all time favorite series is mass effect just because I thought the whole concept of the reapers were so epic. But new Vegas was my favorite out of the fall our series I really do hope obsidian does pick up a big name like you said. Just wish Bethesda would stop milking tf out of elder scrolls online
Which ME was your fav? I liked 2 the most for some reason. Andromeda was ok

After talking to @OBLIVION and @Dhatguy i decided I was going to build a gaming pc but I’m going to wait until sometime after the next gen drops. I’m want to see how much of an improvement the jump to next gen is before I do. The biggest selling point for me is the modding ability. The AI in sports games these days are horrible but you can get a great simulation 2k or madden with mods.
Smart move, plus the price of some components are going to drop due to next gen cards and processors. Plus Black Friday and cyber Monday. That’s when I bought most of my parts. Easily Over a thousand dollars worth of parts and I built it for around 6-700 😂

Favorite game of the last decade was Alien Isolation. A very fun first person, single player game that was actually scary. And it was not a shooter...you had to try to avoid the alien or temporarily drive it back.

Advertisement
I liked The Last it Us 2. It goes against the basic narrative that one person is the hero and the other is a villain. Without spoiling, the ending was a little anticlimactic but it certainly wasn’t generic. If you like “good guy kills all the bad guys and saves the day” games, you won’t like TLOU2

I still play a lot of the old school games on PS2, SNES and GameCube

Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3 and 4
Resident Evils
OddWorld
Mortal Kombat II
Street FIghter II Turbo
Eternal Champions

Favorite game of the last decade was Alien Isolation. A very fun first person, single player game that was actually scary. And it was not a shooter...you had to try to avoid the alien or temporarily drive it back.

dude eff that game. I mean it’s a great game but F it. Lol Without a doubt the most stressful game I’ve ever played.

Advertisement
I don’t know why but I’ve completely lost interest in online multiplayer games. Now I pretty much only play single player story games. Maybe I’m just getting old so when I finally sit down at the end of the night I just wanna zone out. FO76 is pretty much the only online game I’m playing and I still Prefer to solo that

Advertisement
I don’t know why but I’ve completely lost interest in online multiplayer games. Now I pretty much only play single player story games. Maybe I’m just getting old so when I finally sit down at the end of the night I just wanna zone out. FO76 is pretty much the only online game I’m playing and I still Prefer to solo that

I'm the exact same way now. If I have to schedule a time to be online I dont wanna play.

Advertisement
My ranking of favorite video game franchises excluding sports games probably goes something like:

GTA
Metal Gear (First game was Sons of Liberty)
Battlefield (First game was Bad Company. Was a COD guy before BC but the frostbite engine, and things like bullet drop and team based gameplay brought a realistic element while COD is run and fun. BF needs to go back to modern times now though.)
Mass Effect (1, 2, and 3 were great. Andromeda was average.)
Splinter Cell (We really need some more Sam Fisher)
God of War
Assassins Creed
Uncharted
Witcher
Skyrim
Tropico/Civilazation
Watch Dogs
COD
Max Payne
Fallout
TLOU (Because 1 was so epic)
Ghost Recon