OT: Under Armour drops UCLA, shares up 8% today.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Outside of UNC, I don't understand the appeal of the Jordan brand in football.
Jordan brand is pointless. I don't know how people could look at what Nike was doing towards the end for us vs what Adidas has done for us since and clamor for Nike or Jordan. I think Adidas has been really good to us and we're clearly a massive priority for them.

Outside of UNC, I don't understand the appeal of the Jordan brand in football.

Siiiiiiiiigh. Jordan Brand is a brand. It’s not just basketball. It’s no different than Nike, Puma, Adidas, Li Ning, etc. The brand been evolved, well before it became an outfitter. Baseball players were rocking Jordan’s, Soccer players, etc.

The appeal is that Jordan is a hot brand that have hot shoes, that young men go crazy over. So yeah, it’s a cool appeal.

Siiiiiiiiigh. Jordan Brand is a brand. It’s not just basketball. It’s no different than Nike, Puma, Adidas, Li Ning, etc. The brand been evolved, well before it became an outfitter. Baseball players were rocking Jordan’s, Soccer players, etc.

The appeal is that Jordan is a hot brand that have hot shoes, that young men go crazy over. So yeah, it’s a cool appeal.
Exactly and the quality of the uniform is 1000 times better than Jordan brand. The lettering of the name plates and the U symbol on the jersey

Advertisement
Exactly and the quality of the uniform is 1000 times better than Jordan brand. The lettering of the name plates and the U symbol on the jersey

Like I don’t know how ppl can say Adidas has done right by us, when our jerseys have been poor. Comes off the shoulders each contact, crooked names, and a V for the U. Lol. PLUS THEY GIVE US NO DRIP!

These Jordan Brand & Nike schools are getting exclusive drip, especially Jordan Brand schools, that are reselling for bank.

Adidas gave us the bag, though. But to say we r a priority is a bit far fetched. Kansas, Louisville, Texas A & M, Indiana, and Washington are all priorities over us. Getting that wack black jersey or that white soccer jersey don’t make us a priority.

Haven’t seen Jordan make any improvements on uniforms other than the cool jump man logo. I loved Nike but the feather uniforms are a reminder of final days with Nike.

Like I don’t know how ppl can say Adidas has done right by us, when our jerseys have been poor. Comes off the shoulders each contact, crooked names, and a V for the U. Lol. PLUS THEY GIVE US NO DRIP!

These Jordan Brand & Nike schools are getting exclusive drip, especially Jordan Brand schools, that are reselling for bank.

Adidas gave us the bag, though. But to say we r a priority is a bit far fetched. Kansas, Louisville, Texas A & M, Indiana, and Washington are all priorities over us. Getting that wack black jersey or that white soccer jersey don’t make us a priority.

The bag is what counts and Nike was light.

The rest is fluff. First you have to kick in with the right offer before you go to the other stuff, Nike wasn’t paying. Fūck ‘em.

just in case yall forgot lmao...

1607660099396.png

Advertisement
Haven’t seen Jordan make any improvements on uniforms other than the cool jump man logo. I loved Nike but the feather uniforms are a reminder of final days with Nike.
But the feather uniforms weren't the final days of Nike, unless I'm thinking of something else. Those were the original uniforms Adidas had for us, and they were so hideous that CMR forced Adidas to give us the throwbacks as full-time uniforms. They merely lucked into that aspect.

The biggest impact Adidas made for Miami was, and always will be, off the field. Their money helped with the IPF and improvements around the program. I can definitely understand why they chose Adidas, the bag was bigger. But the on-field product has been dogsh*t compared to what Nike gave The U.

just in case yall forgot lmao...

View attachment 137354

The uniform, itself, was nice. Golden put together those FAMU combos. That’s not on Nike. The All White, Green over white, White over Green, Smokes, Orange over White & White over Orange were all very nice. Two seasons in a row, Golden picked All Orange, and Orange over Green combinations. Blame him.

The feathers & stencils were Adidas, my brotha. Nike actually gave us a nice uniform before switching to the feathers. Those were the uniforms the that Duke Johnson danced to, that became infamous.

Advertisement
Not gonna lie wish we could get on with Jordan brand...

Jordan brand seems like they can keep the “traditional” look in tact I.e look at Michigan

as a fan purchasing gear I selfishly like their product they put out compared to Adidas

The bag is what counts and Nike was light.

The rest is fluff. First you have to kick in with the right offer before you go to the other stuff, Nike wasn’t paying. Fūck ‘em.

Oh yeah; Adidas through a bag & a half at us. A lot of bags r being thrown around today vs. yesterday. We caught Adidas at the right time as they were pushing to challenge Nike in NA under King’s leadership & made an aggressive offer to us, and an aggressive offer to UL to keep them away from UA.
But don’t get it twisted, Adidas almost got us caught up in their bull chit too.

Not gonna lie wish we could get on with Jordan brand...

Jordan brand seems like they can keep the “traditional” look in tact I.e look at Michigan

as a fan purchasing gear I selfishly like their product they put out compared to Adidas

Facts; my little relative as I’ve mentioned several times, is an alum from Meeechigan. Her fan jersey from Adidas & JB look & feel night & day different. She said she only keeps the Adidas jersey b/c it’s keepsake as a freshman, but she don’t rock it. Lol

Also; they focus on more original designs & modern touches on throwbacks from the archives.

Advertisement
Back