OT: UNC/NCAA

kryptonite

AARP
Forbes Welcome

Fairly long article which boils down to a few things. Namely, UNC is going to get off with a slap on the wrist because the NCAA loves a years long investigation, but won't do anything to hurt its revenue stream. UNC is basically telling them that they've got no business regulating academics and that since the problem is fixed this should all just go away. . . let's just forget about all the games they won with players who only remained eligible because of bs classes. Based on the NCAA having amended the NOA, it seems like UNC will get its wish.

Advertisement
Forbes Welcome

Fairly long article which boils down to a few things. Namely, UNC is going to get off with a slap on the wrist because the NCAA loves a years long investigation, but won't do anything to hurt its revenue stream. UNC is basically telling them that they've got no business regulating academics and that since the problem is fixed this should all just go away. . . let's just forget about all the games they won with players who only remained eligible because of bs classes. Based on the NCAA having amended the NOA, it seems like UNC will get its wish.

Even though I hate the Heels, I agree with their point about the NCAA should not regulate academics. It's not like the players were the only ones in the class. Non student athletes took that class. I think they will win that argument as much as I would love to see them hurt by sanctions in Football.

Forbes Welcome

Even though I hate the Heels, I agree with their point about the NCAA should not regulate academics. It's not like the players were the only ones in the class. Non student athletes took that class. I think they will win that argument as much as I would love to see them hurt by sanctions in Football.

LOL. If the NCAA should regulate anything it's academics. The only reason the NCAA should exist is to stop programs from gaining improper advantages. A prime way to gain an improper advantage is by playing guys who wouldn't be eligible but for academic malfeasance.

Forbes Welcome

The Pell Grant scandal at UM also included many non UM athletes who benefited from the grants and UM brought
this to the NCAA's attention during their sentencing, and they were still hit hard.

Advertisement
Forbes Welcome

<sarcasm>...and the Penn State scandal wasn't about football.</sarcasm>

If the NCAA does nothing to UNC and Ole ****, we should go tell them to **** themselves.

I hate UNC, but hate the NCAA even more. They are so incredibly inconsistent.

It serves no real purpose to cripple a team by punishing kids who had nothing to do the crime.

Better penalties would be large dollar amounts. That would cause pain to the responsible institution, not innocent players.

It serves no real purpose to cripple a team by punishing kids who had nothing to do the crime.

Better penalties would be large dollar amounts. That would cause pain to the responsible institution, not innocent players.

Every penalty ever handed down by the NCAA punishes kids who had nothing to do with the crime.

Advertisement
Meanwhile...

Derrick_Henry_car.jpg

FlukeCAR.jpg

HotWheelz19_zps9ded5337.jpg

Don't quote me boy 'cause I ain't said shhhhh, oh, wait I did...
flukertweed.jpg

Forbes Welcome

LOL. If the NCAA should regulate anything it's academics. The only reason the NCAA should exist is to stop programs from gaining improper advantages. A prime way to gain an improper advantage is by playing guys who wouldn't be eligible but for academic malfeasance.
[MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION], my bad...didn't mean to down vote. You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! That's one thing the NCAA SHOULD be monitoring. They are called student athletes! Emphasis on student which means academics is involved. When will the NCAA get its head out of its ****?? Not only does it provide an unfair advantage to by allowing a disqualified kid to play, but even more important, 99% of these kids won't make it to the next level or sustain a NFL career. It would be a true disservice to theses kids to put competition above education. Education is what allows you to have a post playing career whether college or pro ball.

x10000000

Advertisement
Forbes Welcome

Agreed.

Advertisement
Forbes Welcome

The Pell Grant scandal at UM also included many non UM athletes who benefited from the grants and UM brought
this to the NCAA's attention during their sentencing, and they were still hit hard.

COTDAMNED good point.

NCAA literally makes up the shît as they go along.

Standard operating procedure.

NCAA likes to pick on private schools and weaklings.

If ND, USC, TCU, Stanford, and Lord please Miami, had great football seasons, it would be a great time for them, along with,'Cuse, Duke, BC, Northwestern, Vandy, Wake, and some second tier (Tulsa, Rice, Tulane, etc.) to say conference affiliation be damned, we are standing together to address the NCAA's clear bias against privates and for big state flagships. Farfetched? Sure, but the writing is on the wall and the NCAA will end up having only about 15-20 STATE schools (or less) capable of winning a football championship in the near future...As Benjamin Franklin said. ""We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Forbes Welcome

COTDAMNED good point.

NCAA literally makes up the shît as they go along.

Point being that schools will let a few nonathletes into the class so they can say that it wasn't just for athletes. In the UNC case, it was found that most of the students in he BS classes were athletes.

Advertisement
Back