OT: uf AD Wants To Make the swamp Smaller

Advertisement
Advertisement

More like he wants to crank up the season ticket prices by reducing availability...

Doesn't work like that. Most money is made in the concession stands, not actual ticket sales. If they reduce seats to make it cost more per seat, they will make about the same amount of money by selling less tickets, and with less attendee's, they will have less concession sales.

Let me get this straight, he is claiming that with FOUR opponents each year from the SEC, who are coming from BORDERING states, that only THREE THOUSAND fans will show up? What a crock of ****e.

The guy is a liar. Sure, maybe Montana State only brings 3,000, but the fact that he is trying to convince you that South Carolina or Kentucky or Auburn or Tennessee only bring 3,000 to Gainesville is just ridiculous.

Oh, and here's a thought...BUILD MORE HOTELS! Who in God's name would want to spend a weekend in Gaines-*******-ville? The only place with fewer hotel rooms is Talla-*******-hassee.

Let me get this straight, he is claiming that with FOUR opponents each year from the SEC, who are coming from BORDERING states, that only THREE THOUSAND fans will show up? What a crock of ****e.

The guy is a liar. Sure, maybe Montana State only brings 3,000, but the fact that he is trying to convince you that South Carolina or Kentucky or Auburn or Tennessee only bring 3,000 to Gainesville is just ridiculous.

Oh, and here's a thought...BUILD MORE HOTELS! Who in God's name would want to spend a weekend in Gaines-*******-ville? The only place with fewer hotel rooms is Talla-*******-hassee.

Here's another thought... schedule Miami more often ;)

Here's another thought... schedule Miami more often ;)

Yep.

Those motherfvckers demanded 30,000 tickets the last two times they played in Miami, and now they want to act like they only need to give out 3,000 tickets to visitors?

I wonder how the rest of the SEC is going to react when their ticket allotments are cut by more than 50%.

Advertisement

Staying in Gainesville is a huge hassle for a game. There’s maybe 1,000 decent hotel rooms in the entire town, and I’m not even joking.

The rest of the available rooms are more akin to horse stalls.

I’m not justifying their rationale, but where would 30,000 people even stay in that shlthole?

Back in 85 went to the ou-Miami game in Norman before stadium video screens.enjoyed the game,atmosphere but the amenities sucked.couple weeks later went to visit a friend in Manhattan kans.h ed gotten some free tickets to Kansas game.seats were in the endzone at the very top.I was in redneck ****.told myself then if it wasn't a Miami game or a game in a pro stadium I was watching it at home.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They've been having crowd issues for years. There were entire sections of the swamp, this year, that were sparsely populated or empty. They like to throw the crowd bit at us because we're the only program that's historically dominated a rivalry against them. Not just over the course of a few seasons, but a few decades. We've got them beat in NC's, wins in our series, elite players in the NFL, players in the NFL hall of fame, etc. One win against us since 1985.

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/s...p-awaits-no--5-lsu--could-help-no--22-florida

You guys need to at least tell facts. UF actually sold out multiple times this year. My son goes there.
They are downsizing to make it more comfortable and put chair backs on the seats. And only decreasing the visitors sections. So the same amount of UF fans will be in there. Pretty smart tbh

They didn't have a sellout in 3 seasons until the LSU game last year

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.or...-gators-football-news-20181004-story,amp.html

Advertisement
Back