OT: Tua vs Watson

Any Fins fans? You’ve all seen reports they might be interested. Question for me is who you would want as your qb. For me it’s Watson and it’s not close. Now as a Fins fan I would not Mortage our future. With that being said let’s play amateur GM. What would you trade?

Fins -
trade Tua
18th pick
1 2nd rd pick
1 2nd rd pick next year.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
Do it.

Also:

I’m not sure why y’all think 1 first round pick gets it done for Watson. You’re getting a Top 7 at worst QB who is 25 years old. He’s worth more than that for sure. You’d be coming up off that pick of their’s that you have too.

Never thought Tua was gonna be the answer.

doesn't matter if tua is or isnt the answer. the best you could hope for is he turns into a top 5 QB (imo too early and too limited on skill talent and OC issues to know right now). Watson is already a top 5 QB and hes 25. you go with the sure thing vs hoping and praying the other turns into one.

Advertisement
I’m not sure why y’all think 1 first round pick gets it done for Watson. You’re getting a Top 7 at worst QB who is 25 years old. He’s worth more than that for sure. You’d be coming up off that pick of their’s that you have too.

if we gave them tua and the third pick I think it could get it done if Watson refuses to take another snap there imo (Houstons pick is the third pick)

I don’t think we are just a QB away from contending. So even though Watson is better than Tua straight up, there’s no way I give up X or my significant draft stock to get him. In fact, even with Watson being better, he would still need significant skill player upgrades and I’m not sure we’d have the cap space or draft capital to get there.

Fun to debate though!

Any Fins fans? You’ve all seen reports they might be interested. Question for me is who you would want as your qb. For me it’s Watson and it’s not close. Now as a Fins fan I would not Mortage our future. With that being said let’s play amateur GM. What would you trade?

Fins -
trade Tua
18th pick
1 2nd rd pick
1 2nd rd pick next year.

Thoughts?

Houston will want their first rounder back (third overall pick). id do it bc you have FA money and now would have your franchise QB

if we gave them tua and the third pick I think it could get it done if Watson refuses to take another snap there imo (Houstons pick is the third pick)
We’ve never seen a Top QB this young get moved like this. It will absolutely be multiple first round picks. Him and Tua aren’t CLOSE in talent.

Advertisement
I think it would require more, but I’d do that in a heartbeat. I do think though that it would more look something like this:

-Tua
-18th overall pick
-35th overall pick
-2022 1st rounder
-2022 2nd/3rd rounder

(As long as we keep #3 overall, it’s a no brainer to me)

I don’t think we are just a QB away from contending. So even though Watson is better than Tua straight up, there’s no way I give up X or my significant draft stock to get him. In fact, even with Watson being better, he would still need significant skill player upgrades and I’m not sure we’d have the cap space or draft capital to get there.

Fun to debate though!

we have a ton of FA money to spend

Not a Dolphins fan, but I think Tua, this year 2 1RD picks and next year 1st would get it done.
I know that I'm in the minority, but I don't see Watson as this world beater QB, so I would keep one of the 1st

Advertisement

I think the rationale is that Watson has all the leverage due to his no-trade clause. He will either be traded to the team he wants or he holds out and Texans are without a QB.

The Dolphins should definitely upgrade Tua by picking up Watson. What it will cost is the only deal breaker.

The deal would be

Tua
#3rd overall
#18th overall
At least 1 2nd Round pick (this year or next)

Thats ATLEAST how much you should expect to give up for a locked up Top-5 Quarterback that happens to be only 25, if he didn't have a no-trade clause it would be more. Tua still has massive potential (I belief) to be a Top-10 QB, we just gave him the most dog**** supporting cast and playcalling possible. I'll be happy if we keep him or get Watson, I just hope this doesn't linger too long.

I think it would require more, but I’d do that in a heartbeat. I do think though that it would more look something like this:

-Tua
-18th overall pick
-35th overall pick
-2022 1st rounder
-2022 2nd/3rd rounder

(As long as we keep #3 overall, it’s a no brainer to me)
Agreed. Even if he wants out you got to think a qb like Watson is gonna cost and arm and a leg and Houston isn’t going to just Trade him cheap. Holding onto 3 would be amazing but I think it’ll have to get dealt to get him

Advertisement
I think the rationale is that Watson has all the leverage due to his no-trade clause. He will either be traded to the team he wants or he holds out and Texans are without a QB.

The Dolphins should definitely upgrade Tua by picking up Watson. What it will cost is the only deal breaker.
Watson having leverage with a no trade clause doesn’t mean that the Texans have to give him away for less than either. Dolphins probably aren’t even his preferred option based on rumblings.

I would not trade the third pick and tuna for him. The book on tuna has yet to be written. So we just do not know how good or bad he will be. If we play our cards right we stand to fill multiple deficiencies through this draft.

Personally, I would trade back and try to get multiple 1st round picks in exchange or take the tackle from Oregon.

Fins -
trade Tua
18th pick
1 2nd rd pick
1 2nd rd pick next year.

Thoughts?
For a 25 y.o QB that’s already top 5, it’s going to take tua plus two firsts bare minimum. That said, you have to take into account the salary aspect of it and see that he’s going to handicap you and what you can do around him as well.
Personally, I say yes because without a QB you’re nothing nowadays. But it’s not as easy as some are making it out to be. Especially if the rumored price of three 1’s and three 2’s is the true price.

Would love if we could do Tua, 18 a 2nd this year and Next year 1st and 2nd. Keep 3 and draft devonta Smith Or even trade down to 7-12 and get a stud wr and more picks

Advertisement
Back