OT: Travis Homer

Cortez55403

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
In an interview this week on the NFL Serius channel, Seahawk Coach Pete Carroll went out of his way to praise Travis Homer. After a special teams performance where he ran for a first down on a fake punt and recovered a fumble on kick coverage, Travis has been moved up to second team RB. The starter is out and Travis has been promoted.

Carroll reported that he believes Travis will handle his expanded roll very well.

Good for Travis. He’s a true Cane. Consistent and courageous competitor.

Advertisement
He'll probably get some carries this weekend, but he's still third behind Chris Carson and CJ Prosise. Rashaad Penny was the number 2 back and he tore his ACL. Prosise is made of glass, so Homer stands a good chance of getting some real burn soon.

Fun fact: the Seahawks consider Homer their best pass protect back and the other RBs all go to him for tips and advice on pass pro.

Carson has a bad fumbling problem as well. If he puts another ball on the ground, don't be surprised to see Homer take on a large role in that backfield now that Penny is dead.

Advertisement
yep tj maxx is still in business.. I had to watch Gus the bus last night wear down the jets with a nfl mvp qb who wanted to commit to UM on the spot.. nope, he was only a 3* that should move to corner.. I had to watch Teddy B rip up teams for the saints when brees went down...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Looks like Carson and Prosise are both done for the year. I imagine they'll probably sign some RBs, but I would guess he starts next week against the 49ers on SNF.

I just luv the fact that homer ran the ball like an *******, and handled the media by putting them in their place. That man never gets the credit he deserves by the masses for how he came in that Fsu game a broke off those 2 long runs before the pass to langham. One of my favorite UM players of all time, was determined not to be the weak link, and this was one of the smoothest runs that sticks out:

2min:13sec

Was on par with this other smooth one out the gate:

Homer had a solid showing. He got the yards that were available when he got carries.

He had like five really strong blocks and recovered a fumble.

Rushing: 5 for 16 yards
Receiving: 6 for 26 yards.

Advertisement
Back