OT: Thursday night games - Merged Thread for all games

It amazes me how few Tampa area players end up on all these teams. With so many high schools in Hillsborough County, there are not nearly as many kids on rosters as you would think. St Pete has begun to fall off as well. Used to produce many more prospects than they do now

Sad

Advertisement
@Goulds Cane - We always appreciate you posting the Florida player's list for these games.

Thank you!
This is just as much for my satisfaction as it is y'alls lol

- I'm intrigued to see which schools recruit Florida the most
- It kills the argument of these p*ssies crying talking about "LET'S RECRUIT NATIONAL!!!! FloRiDA kiDS aRE saWf n entITLed"

WVU is a great place to see a game. I’m always ****ed that we do not have that rivalry. Miami WVU games were solid back in the day. See Tremaine Mack, etc.

It amazes me how few Tampa area players end up on all these teams. With so many high schools in Hillsborough County, there are not nearly as many kids on rosters as you would think. St Pete has begun to fall off as well. Used to produce many more prospects than they do now

Sad
Imma have to disagree bro. When I compile these Florida lists, Tampa is actually very well represented. What I am surprised at is the fact that Miami Dade County is starting to fall off HARD. The current kings of producing D1 talent are Broward County & the Orlando metro area.

Advertisement
This is just as much for my satisfaction as it is y'alls lol

- I'm intrigued to see which schools recruit Florida the most
- It kills the argument of these p*ssies crying talking about "LET'S RECRUIT NATIONAL!!!! FloRiDA kiDS aRE saWf n entITLed"
We definitely need to recruit Nationally, because it’s simply the best way to acquire the most talent & from a mathematics standpoint you literally have to recruit Nationally if you want a top 5-10 class & there’s no question about it.

The “FL players are soft & divas!” argument is really just sour grapes from a mostly slurper fan base that annually finds themselves in early season excuse spin mode trying to justify losses by whichever Corch they’re currently worshipping.

There’s no real validity to the argument, it’s just what happens when people who spend the entire offseason submerged in Orange & Green Kool-Aid finally comes up for air...

Last edited:
Temple needs to start recruiting South Florida again. They might have the most unathletic secondary in the FBS

Advertisement
We definitely need to recruit Nationally, because it’s simply the best way to acquire the most talent & from mathematics standpoint you literally have to recruit Nationally if you want a top 5-10 class & there’s no question about it.

The “FL players are soft & divas!” argument is really just sour grapes from a mostly slurper fan base that annually finds themselves in early season excuse spin mode trying to justify losses by whichever Corch they’re currently worshipping.

There’s no real validity to the argument, it’s just what happens when people who spend the entire offseason submerged in Orange & Green Kool-Aid finally comes up for air...
It's non-negotiable. I used to be the biggest "State of Miami" guy, even until 4-5 years ago. But the thing is, every serious program recruits well nationally. There are no exceptions.

Do we have to recruit better in South Florida? Of course. We have to do it in the rest of the state and nation as well.

Other than SC with the Trinity League, no one can lean on one concentrated area anymore. Those days are done.

It's never going back.

We definitely need to recruit Nationally, because it’s simply the best way to acquire the most talent & from mathematics standpoint you literally have to recruit Nationally if you want a top 5-10 class & there’s no question about it.

I never said I was against national recruiting. The problem I have is guys saying "we need to recruit national!!!" while statistically our OOS signees have performed worse than the local kids. We spent the entire Richt/Diaz era getting ****ed over & spit in the face by Georgia kids. If we can barely get kids here to stay home, what makes people think we can consistently pull elite national talent?

Current skilled guys? Gave Davis, Trewuan Smith, Breshard Perriman, Richie grant,

RB Lataviud Murray Older RB’s during last 15years is so K Davis. We Brandon Marshall

DB’s Mike Hughes, Griffin,

A number of current DL

Produced more NFL QB’s than Miami has in last 15-20 years Bortles, Culpepper

The list goes on for a while. Too much to type.

Fact is….post Butch/Coker years UCF has produced more NFL talent than Miami has.
Lol...Stop with your insanity.....
Since 2007...

Phillips
Rousseau
Brevin
Roche
Shaq
DeeJay
Garvin
Redwing
Joe Jackson
Jaquan
Homer
Herndon
Berrios
Njoku
Elder
Linder
Seantrell
Olivier Vernon
Dorsett
Flowers
Perryman
Walford
Muhammad
Coley
Burns....and that's just the last 15yrs.....now show me UCFs list Troll....

Advertisement
Imma have to disagree bro. When I compile these Florida lists, Tampa is actually very well represented. What I am surprised at is the fact that Miami Dade County is starting to fall off HARD. The current kings of producing D1 talent are Broward County & the Orlando metro area.
Orlando???....How so??

WVU is a great place to see a game. I’m always ****ed that we do not have that rivalry. Miami WVU games were solid back in the day. See Tremaine Mack, etc.
WVU is a Great place to see a game??...Lol...No tf it isn't...I was standing on the sidelines in 96 when Tremain blocked the punt...the entire state is the epitome of a Sh*thole....

I feel you.. especially about Broward and Orlando; I was going to add that point. But look at your lists above. How many Tampa area players are there? How many St. Pete?

Tampa is the 5th or 6th largest school district in America. IMO, it's not a producer of talent the way it should be

Just my .02

Advertisement
Since 2007...

Phillips
Rousseau
Brevin
Roche
Shaq
DeeJay
Garvin
Redwing
Joe Jackson
Jaquan
Homer
Herndon
Berrios
Njoku
Elder
Linder
Seantrell
Olivier Vernon
Dorsett
Flowers
Perryman
Walford
Muhammad
Coley
Thank you!

Current skilled guys? Gave Davis, Trewuan Smith, Breshard Perriman, Richie grant,

RB Lataviud Murray Older RB’s during last 15years is so K Davis. We Brandon Marshall

A number of current DL

Fact is….post Butch/Coker years UCF has produced more NFL talent than Miami has.
🤡

Since 2007...

Phillips
Rousseau
Brevin
Roche
Shaq
DeeJay
Garvin
Redwing
Joe Jackson
Jaquan
Homer
Herndon
Berrios
Njoku
Elder
Linder
Seantrell
Olivier Vernon
Dorsett
Flowers
Perryman
Walford
Muhammad
Coley

A number of current DL

UCF's all-time NFL list

Advertisement
Back