OT: This Aged Well...

Advertisement
I mean, they don't completely not get it. There's some idiotic stuff in there, but also a lot of truth to it.

Oops, really nailed it on the head there...: "A stadium that’s not just off campus but uniquely ill-positioned to create a great college game day experience." - LOL, whatever...

On the other hand, this one shows a genuine insight and understanding for what otherwise appears to be something that only Canes fans know and understand.... "A culture and location which make compliance with NCAA mandates somewhere between highly unlikely and fundamentally impossible." - Of course, anyone involved with Georgia football should know that is exactly why CMR and Miami are the perfect fit. And it's a "limitation" that we, as Canes fans, are going to have to accept, with all the plusses and minuses, we just have to do things differently, and Richt is basically the only guy who can do that. It's also exactly why Smart, and Saban, and Swinney are where they are, at schools with fanbases with money and an intense tribalism that says, if you weren't born an insider, you will ALWAYS be an outsider. That is a primary reason why my Charleston born wife and I won't even consider going back to live in her hometown. She openly acknowledges that living there would fundamentally undermine our marriage. That's just the way things are in the rural south, where phrases like "you ain't from around here, is ya?" are common, and a song called "Where I Come From" is an all time greatest hit.

It is what it is. But nobody throws a championship party like we throw a championship party. The recession is over and the good times are back, baby.

Good read!

I think it may have been fair at that point to not believe Miami would dedicate the resources necessary to land a coach like Richt and to give him what he needs. The rest of that "article" was basically biased anti-Miami BS

Advertisement
All this from a UGA "beat" writer. Proved that dumb *** wrong! Who gives a flying f**k what he thinks. There's a gazillion hacks like this moron.

Advertisement
"But let’s assume for the sake of argument that the money is right (it wouldn’t be), the culture concerns could be addressed (they couldn’t) and that the task isn’t bigger than anyone in his right mind would take on (it’s bigger). Is Miami the type of job that you risk it all on?"

Aged like fine Gorgonzola on a warm summer day.

"But let’s assume for the sake of argument that the money is right (it wouldn’t be), the culture concerns could be addressed (they couldn’t) and that the task isn’t bigger than anyone in his right mind would take on (it’s bigger). Is Miami the type of job that you risk it all on?"

"culture concerns" - what a thinly veiled racist comment.

This is what Georgia/Alabama/SEC fans think though. If black players play for them, it's all good. But those MiamI black players, those guys are thugs/hoodlums.

Advertisement
What the writer failed to predict was the 58-0 loss to Clemson would be a catalyst for change.

As addicts would say, the Canes ‘hit bottom’.

these weirdos come off like some clowns reading a scary story to kids at night

" *An overlooked reason why Mark Richt isn't going anywhere is the amount of pain that would be required to make firing him worth the financial costs. Hint: 9-4 in 2015 won't do it. Not even close. My guess is that Richt isn't going anywhere unless a massive scandal of some sort crops up. "

:-0

Advertisement
Did he write Golden left Penn State for the Miami job? Hard to get credibility when you can't even get basic facts correct.

I mean, they don't completely not get it. There's some idiotic stuff in there, but also a lot of truth to it.

Oops, really nailed it on the head there...: "A stadium that’s not just off campus but uniquely ill-positioned to create a great college game day experience." - LOL, whatever...

On the other hand, this one shows a genuine insight and understanding for what otherwise appears to be something that only Canes fans know and understand.... "A culture and location which make compliance with NCAA mandates somewhere between highly unlikely and fundamentally impossible." - Of course, anyone involved with Georgia football should know that is exactly why CMR and Miami are the perfect fit. And it's a "limitation" that we, as Canes fans, are going to have to accept, with all the plusses and minuses, we just have to do things differently, and Richt is basically the only guy who can do that. It's also exactly why Smart, and Saban, and Swinney are where they are, at schools with fanbases with money and an intense tribalism that says, if you weren't born an insider, you will ALWAYS be an outsider. That is a primary reason why my Charleston born wife and I won't even consider going back to live in her hometown. She openly acknowledges that living there would fundamentally undermine our marriage. That's just the way things are in the rural south, where phrases like "you ain't from around here, is ya?" are common, and a song called "Where I Come From" is an all time greatest hit.

It is what it is. But nobody throws a championship party like we throw a championship party. The recession is over and the good times are back, baby.

Really an interesting post from you with an interesting comparison/contrast to your marriage.

Having extensively traveled in that part of the south, I’m familiar with the culture of which you speak. There are layers to this culture of course. Charleston especially. At least the food is **** good.

"culture concerns" - what a thinly veiled racist comment.

This is what Georgia/Alabama/SEC fans think though. If black players play for them, it's all good. But those MiamI black players, those guys are thugs/hoodlums.

Let’s just keep it 100 and call it right.

What this guy is saying is that when the players are being controlled by the southern slavemasters in their hick racist towns like Tuscaloosa or Athens or Gainesville then it’s all fair and good,

But when it’s in a big filthy stinking pot of urban inequity like Miami, full of blacks, Hispanics, Jews, and foreigners, letting the minorities run loose, then “the culture concerns can’t be addressed”

Yea, I get it.

Advertisement
Back