OT: The refs in the OSU/Mich game

Advertisement
Why does Ohio State get all of the calls? Did they even have a penalty in that game? No way Miami gets into the playoff without winning their conference and here we are they will get in even though Penn State has to win another game. Not an easy game BTW.

So they gifted it to them on the field. Now they can relax watch their own conference champ game from their living rooms and get another gift from the playoff committee.

Urban Meyer is getting another Gator flashback he might get heart palpitations and bolt to South Bend if they lost!

Did Dorsey throw a pick 6 from his endzone?

Terrible call by Harbaugh and a terrible throw by Speight.

No.
OSU had to drive all of 14 and 17 yards for TD's after Miami's first 2 turnovers.

Hate Harbaugh btw.
The game should have never come down to that spot.

Last edited:
I've been saying for years now that officiating on every level of athletic is horrid.

Absolutely **** poor from Pop Warner and Little League baseball all the way to the NFL and the NBA refs get paid mor$ e now to blow obvious calls than ever.

Advertisement
OSU had 1 penalty for 1 yd. Michigan was flagged numerous times but I never saw anything that was flagrant or way off base. On the 4th down spot in OT I think it was a bad spot and they unjustly gave OSU the 1st down but there was nothing definitive so there was no way they could overturn it. It looked short to me. Bottom line, Michigan outplayed OSU, but the 3 turnovers were absolutely huge. 17 - 21 point swing with the 2 picks and fumble at the 1.

Michigan QB doesn't throw a pick 6 from his end zone and they probably win in regulation. Harbaugh came off as a whiny b*tch.

Surprised at all the Michigan/Harbaugh slurpers on this site.

These are the poster who have a back up team and it is Michigan.

Da fuq is a back up team?

Did Dorsey throw a pick 6 from his endzone?

Terrible call by Harbaugh and a terrible throw by Speight.

No.
OSU had to drive all of 14 and 17 yards for TD's after Miami's first 2 turnovers.

Hate Harbaugh btw.
The game should have never come down to that spot.

I thought OSU got stopped in the redzone after one of those picks by Dorsey. I might be wrong though.

Advertisement
[video=youtube;DLgx7TcZMn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLgx7TcZMn0[/video]

Thanks for posting....I dont think he made it.

At the point where the runner runs into his blocker's ***, the ball is on the 1st down line. I hate osu as much as anybody, and live it looked like he hadn't made it, but the replay is clear. Ball hits the line then is driven back. If you can't see that, you're just seeing what you want to see.

So Speights fumbles in the redzone, OSU recovers...Speights throws a pick 6 from his own EZ...but it's the ref's fault.
[MENTION=1]Andrew[/MENTION], [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION], [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION], please change the URL to www.WolverinesInsight.com, TIA.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just another classic case of refs calling the game differently for one team than the other. The same calls OSU were getting Michigan wasn't. Refereeing in this SPORT is a disaster.

http://www.sloansportsconference.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/SSAC15-RP-Poster-Paper-Referee-Analytics.pdf

I am perusing the document now. For those of us that don't have the time what did they basically end up saying?

Here is a thread on it from Saturday:

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/duke-game-primer-acc-officiating-bias-proven/113883#post2718811

Just another classic case of refs calling the game differently for one team than the other. The same calls OSU were getting Michigan wasn't. Refereeing in this SPORT is a disaster.

http://www.sloansportsconference.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/SSAC15-RP-Poster-Paper-Referee-Analytics.pdf

I am perusing the document now. For those of us that don't have the time what did they basically end up saying?

Here is a thread on it from Saturday:

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/duke-game-primer-acc-officiating-bias-proven/113883#post2718811

gracias

The Blue got Terry Portered...

The thing that ****es me off to this day is Terry Porter was a Big Ten ref who was horrible even before that game. He had to write a letter of apology to the conference for errors previously made that season. He was a Ohio guy yet he is calling the NC game a error prone ref and we are supposed to believe he got it right? Yeah got my first wife right too! Pick any other official in the world and game over.

Jimmy Johnson said we can never leave it in the refs hands because it will bite us just like The BCS computers in 2000. I is our fault for being out coached and having to rely on raw talent.

General question:
Do you get forward progress if your own teammate knocks you back?

If it doesn't matter, looks like the spot was there.
If it's a defender that has to knock you back and he wasn't supposed to get forward progress, then it's clear the ball didn't get to the 15.

Found this on line:
"Forward progress is a location on the football field to which a ball carrier’s forward momentum takes him before he is tackled to the ground by the defense. A ball carrier’s forward progress is declared to be stopped at a particular point where the officials deem that the player with the ball no longer has a chance of advancing the ball any further, due to the presence of defenders."

Whatever the case, the call couldn't go against a nicer guy.

Advertisement
Back