Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Stylie

All ACC
There are a lot of fight fans on here so I figured I'd start a fight thread. It might not be able to rival Gator Tears, but we'll do our best. Also, I have some Serpentine OG if anyone here would like to partake. So here we go... two big fights this weekend.

First off, Cancio vs Machado. Machado is supposed to be the next Puerto Rican star and yet he somehow lost to a guy with 4 loses and 2 draws. (Got KO'd int he 4th) Then there's Charlo on Sunday. I personally don't understand the hype with the Charlo brothers. They both looked like **** in their last fights. I'll go with Charlo and Machado this weekend.

Advertisement
There are a lot of fight fans on here so I figured I'd start a fight thread. It might not be able to rival Gator Tears, but we'll do our best. Also, I have some Serpentine OG if anyone here would like to partake. So here we go... two big fights this weekend.

First off, Cancio vs Machado. Machado is supposed to be the next Puerto Rican star and yet he somehow lost to a guy with 4 loses and 2 draws. (Got KO'd int he 4th) Then there's Charlo on Sunday. I personally don't understand the hype with the Charlo brothers. They both looked like **** in their last fights. I'll go with Charlo and Machado this weekend.

I have been underwhelmed by the Charlo brothers too. I do see the talent but I think once fighters make it past their initial gameplan, both become very beatable. They also are annoying pre and post fight

I haven’t really watched too many of the Charlo figts but I agree that they didn’t look special. I thought 154 Charlo won and 160 Charlo lost.

But they are a part of Haymon’s stable so they get visibility.

I like the whole PBC on Fox move as well. Haymon not only has a stable but he has his own production to showcase them.

I recently saw a tv promotion for the Charlo/Cota fight and it got me interested. I don’t know squat about either fighter besides they both lost their last fights. Not surprising, due to the that fact that competition increases as you rise through that ranks.

FWIW, Charlo looks to be the stronger fighter. Looking at their respective stats on boxrec.com, Charlo has gone the distance more and is more experienced in the later rounds.

Cota lost his last fight to a guy 6 years younger and his other loss came against a southpaw opponent. I’ll take Charlo winning by decision.

I used to follow boxing more when of my childhood friends was doing it professionally, but he’s retired from the ring now.

Advertisement
I recently saw a tv promotion for the Charlo/Cota fight and it got me interested. I don’t know squat about either fighter besides they both lost their last fights. Not surprising, due to the that fact that competition increases as you rise through that ranks.

FWIW, Charlo looks to be the stronger fighter. Looking at their respective stats on boxrec.com, Charlo has gone the distance more and is more experienced in the later rounds.

Cota lost his last fight to a guy 6 years younger and his other loss came against a southpaw opponent. I’ll take Charlo winning by decision.

I used to follow boxing more when of my childhood friends was doing it professionally, but he’s retired from the ring now.
Cota is a replacement for Tony Harrison who just beat Charlo. Harrison got hurt in camp. Would had loved to see that rematch. I guessing they'll fight again in the fall. I guess they hype up the Charlos because their brash, identical twins. That's my only explanation because I think they're overrated.

who is this machado kid i demand footage. I love boxing my son boxes...............I want Canelo to fight that english guy whos in the next weight class hes a fuqin animal.

Advertisement
Charlo dudes are nice man u sleeping, i like Jermal I think he sets great traps there both real good. I thought the other one got robbed but I get why it went the other way I just like cleaner more damaging shots. Thats how I would judge a fight I dont count the pitty pat stuff so thats why I had Jermell winnin, but I get every judge looks at different things.

Cota is a replacement for Tony Harrison who just beat Charlo. Harrison got hurt in camp. Would had loved to see that rematch. I guessing they'll fight again in the fall. I guess they hype up the Charlos because their brash, identical twins. That's my only explanation because I think they're overrated.
I really wanted Charlo to get that sweet revenge

Advertisement
Can’t wait for the next Lomacheko fight in August
hes with espn they fight bums, i get why a Fury took the money but whos watching him fight bums. I think the top rank way is the worst way to go after your a known name and have alot of fights under your belt. I get why why Crawford did it too they dont want that smoke over where the other guys are at. Going to toprank is like going to bama instead of staying in sfla where the dogs r at.

Advertisement
Charlo dudes are nice man u sleeping, i like Jermal I think he sets great traps there both real good. I thought the other one got robbed but I get why it went the other way I just like cleaner more damaging shots. Thats how I would judge a fight I dont count the pitty pat stuff so thats why I had Jermell winnin, but I get every judge looks at different things.
Facts.

They robbed Jermell in that last fight vs Harrison, he should've won that fight clean.

Jermall is the better fighter of the 2 though, he's the only one in Midleweight that I think has a shot to beat Canelo. Canelo is a much better technically sound fighter & has more power, but Jermall has really good power too.

hes with espn they fight bums, i get why a Fury took the money but whos watching him fight bums. I think the top rank way is the worst way to go after your a known name and have alot of fights under your belt. I get why why Crawford did it too they dont want that smoke over where the other guys are at. Going to toprank is like going to bama instead of staying in sfla where the dogs r at.
I think Arum is banking on getting a Loma vs Tiofimo Lopez fight sooner than later. Commey vs Beltran will decide the IBF belt. I assume Loma fights the winner of that fight with both being Top Rank guys.

Crawford wants no smoke from Spence

Advertisement
Back