OT: That Time Urban Punked Mark Richt

Don't get me wrong, there is an big advantage in south Florida. Most coaches would do better at a job like Miami, but Urban as an elite coach and has already proven that he can win in Ohio. Guys like Matt Campbell would benefit from coaching at Miami, not guys like Saban, Meyer, or Dabo.
Major question of how Campbell would fit into the South Florida scene. Most of these coaches would rather cherry pick top SF talent than be permanently based here.

Advertisement
We have multibillionaire benefactors in the Soffers. Not a lot of schools can claim the same. I think they would put up the initial money to sign Urban. I GUARANTEE if Meyer was signed donations would come rolling in. ****, I'd toss in $500 (don't tell my wife). Miami would raise so much money they could pay back the Soffers (so it would basically be a loan to get the program's heart beating again). Fans are down, program has no momentum, it needs that energy infusion.

As a quick aside- I saw that tOSU hired Meyer as an Assistant AD for 100k. Dude loves the University and wants to help them however he can. If Butch Davis retires from FIU and the Highsmith rumors as AD are true, I'd be very happy to see Butch as the assistant AD. Chill job, primary function would be fundraising for the athletic department.

Yes, they could pay that, but they didn't get wealthy by being stupid. You would also be surprised at how many people schools across the country in P5 conferences have wealthy boosters. The regular fanbase, they would never be able to pay that kind of money back. There just aren't enough bodies, nowhere close to it. $500, not talking **** about the amount as anything is better than none but still appreciated, but that wouldn't even pay our lowest paid assistant. There just isn't enough to make it roll in as you say.

We have multibillionaire benefactors in the Soffers. Not a lot of schools can claim the same. I think they would put up the initial money to sign Urban. I GUARANTEE if Meyer was signed donations would come rolling in. ****, I'd toss in $500 (don't tell my wife). Miami would raise so much money they could pay back the Soffers (so it would basically be a loan to get the program's heart beating again). Fans are down, program has no momentum, it needs that energy infusion.

As a quick aside- I saw that tOSU hired Meyer as an Assistant AD for 100k. Dude loves the University and wants to help them however he can. If Butch Davis retires from FIU and the Highsmith rumors as AD are true, I'd be very happy to see Butch as the assistant AD. Chill job, primary function would be fundraising for the athletic department.

I’d wager that 100K job is on paper, and if not, his job responsibilities include little more than appearance in a few meetings or conference calls.

Meyer‘s retirement from OSU was negotiated as his dismissal for his part in the Zack Smith scandal. The Buckeyes suspended him for the first three games of 2018, and didn’t want the PR of firing him. Nor did Meyer.

Funny how his health has seemingly recovered enough to be linked to the USC, FSU, and possibly the Dallas Cowboy jobs.

Last edited:
He had a couple of 8 win seasons at Iowa State. Upset a handful of teams. I don't get the infatuation. He's not bad, but seems like a much younger Dino Babers to me.
I dont trust any HC man im like looking around and i dont trust any names i hear

Advertisement
Always want Urban to come here due to his daughters. But there was never ever a chance he was.

I wish Sabag would have called his timeouts while he was buttfcking Urb into panic attacks and fake heart attacks a few years ago. Maybe he would have made Urb go into a full blown seizure on the sidelines.

Urb should have saved those timeouts and given them to Zack Smith’s wife so she could have paused the beatings Urb knew she was taking.

He had a couple of 8 win seasons at Iowa State. Upset a handful of teams. I don't get the infatuation. He's not bad, but seems like a much younger Dino Babers to me.
Its scary to pick guys that do one good year at a nobody conference its super risky. Babers had one good year and Golden....if we keep picking coached like that we are fuqed.
Herman I was cool with cause he brought Ed Oliver to Houston while the SEC was throwing the books at him. That was a real good sign IMO to convince the number one recruit to go to Houston

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back