OT: Telly Lockette goes west....

MedleyCane

Senior
Wow...pretty far for a soFla coach. Although I think he played college ball
at Idago State.
Andersen is putting together quite staff.
He nabbed Dave Baldwin who was the OC at Colorado State..a very underrated coach
who I think is better than the OC McElwain hired for the gayturds and he also added the
Utah State OC who did one heck of a job managing the 2-3 QB injuries this season.
And then he raids Utah and Utah State's defensive staff.
Nice work by Andersen and great commitment by the school.

From Footballscoop.com
Oregon State: South Florida running backs coach Telly Lockette is leaving to join
Gary Andersen’s staff at Oregon State.

Advertisement
every coach right now is making a minimum of 1 hire that plugs you into south florida in some way

Lockette will get one to two south florida players to come to Oregon state each year.... great hire

Advertisement
I would like to see more of our former players, especially those from soFla, do this sort
of stuff.
Diversify and expand their resume...push themselves,etc.

I would like to see more of our former players, especially those from soFla, do this sort
of stuff.
Diversify and expand their resume...push themselves,etc.

oYHTb.So.56.jpg

Smart move on Telly's part too. Upgrade to a power 5 and gets out before the taggart bus goes down

Advertisement
Smart move all the way around. Telly gets to jump off the the careening Taggart bus. And Andersen gets to tap a South Florida market that's wide open due to Folden's failure.

Smart move on Telly's part too. Upgrade to a power 5 and gets out before the taggart bus goes down

That Taggart bus is a sicking ship.. shocking because I thought they would have been a consistent power, but then think about it.. Tampa players don't even wanna stay there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back