NFL OT: Super Bowl Gameday - Chiefs - 49ers

Advertisement
Play making, arm talent, and making the most with the least; yes!

The difference is Mahomes actually wins big. Mahomes better than A. Rod by a mile. He's a winner.
Arm talent yes. Everything else is a naw. Rodgers can extend the pocket but he's not out rushing for first downs on 3rd and 15 or gaining 50+ yards on the ground ever. I think you should revist some of the guys Rodgers was throwing the ball too before you say "LEAST". If anything, Rodgers has done the least with the most. 1 SB in almost 20 years should be a crime.

Seeing Mahomes win tonight convinces me only Joe Burrow can stop this guy from achieving whatever Mahomes sets out to achieve. As a Dolphins fan, Tua won't lead us past Mahomes in this lifetime, or the next. Dolphins need to be cautious with the amount of money they give Tua on an extension. We need HELP to even think about beating the Chiefs.

Arm talent yes. Everything else is a naw. Rodgers can extend the pocket but hes not out rushing for first downs on 3rd and 15 or gaining 50+ yards on the ground ever. I think you should revist some of the guys Rodgers was throwing the ball too before you say "LEAST". If anything, Rodgers has done the least with the most. 1 SB in almost 20 years should be a crime.
Rodgers use to scramble for long runs on the regular. I don't think your being realistic by only quantifying by 50+yd runs, something that Mahomes himself rarely does.

Also, Rodgers made some of those guys. Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, etc.. were good players but were elevated by playing with Rodgers. Adam's is elite with or without Rodgers.

Green Bay never went out and signed a top TE, RB, or WR in free agency. They didn't draft a 1st round WR Rodgers entire career in Green Bay.

Mahomes is that dude - but I think the Brady comps are a little early - 7 is a long way to go.

I will say that at 28 years old - Mahomes is in the 2nd greatest qb to ever do it convo with Montana/Aikman/Bradshaw - imo he likely is already #2 behind Brady - just needs to continue winning the big one because if Brady had to do it to get GOAT status , Mahomes has to at least get 6 to be in the conversation.

In other news - Alicia Keys - o m g - at that age to be that fine should be a crime - didn’t use to have the body to match but now with it she’s a complete hot box - golly gee whiz is she aging well

Advertisement
Mahomes is the greatest QB to the play the game of football. The man is 3 of 4 in the super bowl. 4 super bowl appearances out of 6 seasons. His 1st year playing as a full time starter he throws 50tds and wins MVP. At this point Brady can't compete with what Mahome is doing. I know Brady has 6 rings but Brady was carried his first 3 super bowls by elite defenses then went a decade without a Super Bowl Win. Lost to an inferior '07 Gaints team with arguably one of the best teams in history. Brady is the man and great but Mahomes is something different.

-Signed a Dolphins fan.
keep up with the jokes, they're good

Mahomes is that dude - but I think the Brady comps are a little early - 7 is a long way to go.

I will say that at 28 years old - Mahomes is in the 2nd greatest qb to ever do it convo with Montana/Aikman/Bradshaw - imo he likely is already #2 behind Brady - just needs to continue winning the big one because if Brady had to do it to get GOAT status , Mahomes has to at least get 6 to be in the conversation.

The # of championships is your only metric when determining GOAT status?

So you put Bill Russell as the GOAT over MJ because he won 11 championships?

Advertisement
I was actually surprised the 49ers were favored in this game ever since the line came out. I had to remind everyone all week at work there’s just certain dudes you don’t bet against in sports: Montana, Brady, Jordan, and yes, Mahomes. Even when they aren’t having their best night somehow they’re going to find a way to win. Betting against Mahomes at this point in his career is a sucker bet, IMO.

In other news - Alicia Keys - o m g - at that age to be that fine should be a crime - didn’t use to have the body to match but now with it she’s a complete hot box - golly gee whiz is she aging well

Advertisement
Mahomes is probably going to end up the greatest ever, but Andy Reid was the goat on that last drive. He has a Mary Poppins bag on O, there were 4 specific plays that made that drive happen.

Both Mahomes and Reid are the reason they won. They compliment each other better than any OC/QB combo in history.

I don't like the Chiefs, I don't personally like Kelce (even before the Swift stuff hes always been a bit of a contrived tool but now he and his brother have taken it to another level) but he's a HOF TE and Mahomes is ridiculously great (even though his brother and wife have become total entitled lack of reality look at me type people. She yells at officials and needs to be a bit more humble and what not).

But how they were underdogs in 3 straight games is crazy.

Mahomes is probably now top 3-5 all time as QB behind Brady and Montana

Advertisement
The # of championships is your only metric when determining GOAT status?

So you put Bill Russell as the GOAT over MJ because he won 11 championships?
It's not just championships. He played 20+ years and won 75% of his games. Wins, stats, comebacks, roster turned over multiple times and was the same qb every time. His career has doubled up every other qb.

Sports fans love the G.O.A.T. conversation so much that they will ignore every Brady has done. What Mahomes is doing right now is Brady's career from 38-45 when people said he would be washed soon.

**** Andy Reid fat ***.

All of a sudden learned to be great when he gets to KC.
MAN, **** HIM HOPE HE RETIRES AND RHE CHIEFS GETS STUCK WITH NAGY AS ANDY'S SUCCESSOR
seth meyers GIF

Advertisement
Back