OT- suggestion for mods

Salt

"Assigned species at birth"
Since OT threads are being allowed on the Football board why not just have an OT board where these intrusive topics can be discussed by interested parties outside of football talk?

I personally don't mind OT threads but I also understand the beef some have with them being on what should be an exclusive football board.

Maybe we can satisfy both camps by having a separate board for OT stuff and those that just want football related talk don't have to suffer through it?

Yeah, I know you don't have to click on an OT thread but those coming on here to talk football still don't have to have it in their face. Just a thought.

Advertisement
For about a week or so a few months ago every OT thread was getting locked down. I personally don't mind OT threads, but people got the band in the past for it also.

I would like some consistency is all.

Advertisement
Why are you worried about this? All of the Off-Topic threads have been marked OT. Just avoid those.

I stated I don't personally mind OT threads. But if allowed why not just have them on a separate board? Easier to avoid a topic board all together than threads about irrelevant topics on a board one has to click on to discuss a certain topic. I understand why some find it intrusive. Having a separate board reduces the intrusiveness some may feel in my opinion.

I like the threads that are marked off topic.
How about all of the threads that get jacked get marked as JT?

Since OT threads are being allowed on the Football board why not just have an OT board where these intrusive topics can be discussed by interested parties outside of football talk?

I personally don't mind OT threads but I also understand the beef some have with them being on what should be an exclusive football board.

Maybe we can satisfy both camps by having a separate board for OT stuff and those that just want football related talk don't have to suffer through it?

Yeah, I know you don't have to click on an OT thread but those coming on here to talk football still don't have to have it in their face. Just a thought.
I have more of a problem with someone writing an intelligent if not arcane post about a topic like "who will be the punt snapper" and then people come on to try to highjack the thread to a Rumph and Stupplefied can't recruit, Bama and UGA are all bags, we should have hired Mario, etc. Probably because they realize no one cares about the 500th "Rumph Sucks" thread.

Advertisement
A general discussion board wouldbe great for all things off topic and that involve the university, but aren't football, baseball, basketball, or recruiting.

For about a week or so a few months ago every OT thread was getting locked down. I personally don't mind OT threads, but people got the band in the past for it also.

I would like some consistency is all.

I agree. Either don't allow it or if you do maybe keep it somewhere else for the football purists.

I agree with OP...

The OT threads take away from the quality of the board imo... most don’t even be talking about **** just pointless topics

My bad, I thought OP was going to suggest mods reinstate NYstateofmind.
He goes under the name Slick Rick now. His ban is up soon. Got 3 months and I think it’s up in a couple days to be honest. Unless he got permanently banned.

Advertisement
He goes under the name Slick Rick now. His ban is up soon. Got 3 months and I think it’s up in a couple days to be honest. Unless he got permanently banned.
Mods turned 3 month ban into perma band in heinous violation of their OWN POLICY! Thus perma band:

1. Violates Dew Process;

2. Violates da Ex Post Factoid Claws;

3. Violates the ProhiBitchin against cruel and very unusual punishment;

4. Constitutes immoral selective persecution.

@Andrew

Advertisement
Not my call on an OT board, but my only concern is that becomes an outlet for every vice under the sun and there is tough to police. There’s a reason why the WEZ isn’t on this site anymore, and it isn’t because it was too popular.

Other than that one concern I would welcome it, and that concern doesn’t mean we shouldn’t, IMO.

And while we're at it - get the WEZ back over here!

Advertisement
Back