OT: Stock Market - I need a shoulder to cry on

Advertisement
Trying not to check it, but I agree fml. I had the genius idea of thinking "hey all this money in the savings account isnt doing anything right now with interest rates being so low, I should at least put it in the market it should do better than 0.5% or whatever" lol jokes on me. :****:

Advertisement
Trying not to check it, but I agree fml. I had the genius idea of thinking "hey all this money in the savings account isnt doing anything right now with interest rates being so low, I should at least put it in the market it should do better than 0.5% or whatever" lol jokes on me. :****:

Stock market will go back up, and long term growth is key. The stock market will not make you rich overnight.

Advertisement
Asset allocation drives 90% of returns over the long run. Market timing, manager/security selection and other factors make up the remaining 10%. If you don't want to use in the market, buy and hold and put cash in on the dips, which are best assessed by low P/E ratios, NOT price drops (although yes the former is a function of the latter, to a degree).

If you're gonna short, don't leave yourself naked.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back