OT Stanford impermissible benefits

MovingZen

#HistoryIsViolent
Premium
NCAA finds Stanford boosters impermissibly provided $3,000 bike to ex-player

Yahoo Sports said:
According to the NCAA, two boosters impermissibly provided nearly $3,500 in extra benefits to a football student-athlete, including an impermissible loan, free use of an automobile, meals and other extra benefits. The football student-athlete lived with the boosters through a program created by the school in which student-athletes paid rent for short-term housing. The program was discontinued by the university because of the risk associated with it.

The infractions report said the school and NCAA’s staff agree that the violations happened between June 2012 and May 2014. The total value of the benefits was $3,488; the majority of which came from the purchase of a $3,000 bicycle.

The additional infractions stem from a 2014 overnight stay at a house owned by athletics representatives ($179), various meals and clothing ($160) and the use of a vehicle “on approximately 10 occasions ($58).

I don't know how many times our Miami kids got rental cars or what that was worth but 'use of a vehicle on approximately 10 occasions for $58' sounds pretty hokey to me. What is that, gas money?

Yahoo Sports said:
The university self-reported the violation to the NCAA and deemed the student-athlete ineligible. The conditions for reinstating the student-athlete included the student-athlete paying the value of the impermissible benefits to charity and serving a one-game suspension.

Dude isn't on the team anymore but if he was they'd have to pay back the money and serve a ONE game suspension. Our dudes are off the team and done of the year? That sure seems like a huge discrepancy to me. I don't want to beat a dead horse but wtf? Didn't Miami consult with the NCAA?

Advertisement
The difference in penalty seems huge but again, we are on Probation

You are wasting your time.No one can understand that here.We narrowly missed getting the death penalty and the NCAA would love to cancel our probation and make sure we are never relevant again.You can explain it 100 times and people just can't understand it.After October the penalties will be much less severe IMO.

The difference in penalty seems huge but again, we are on Probation

If Miami hadn't been on probation when this rental car business went down, AQM and Grace would have received a similar punishment. However, Miami is on probation, so the punishments were different. Frankly, two upperclass leaders should have known better and not put themselves in that position to begin with.

You were right in that you have no idea what the facts of our case were. With no idea of the facts, your opinion is baseless.

Did you forget the part where an agent was tied to the rental car place?

What are AQM's stats at Hampton? Surely, he's been cleared to return to football based on his minor infractions right?

Advertisement
...Dude isn't on the team anymore but if he was they'd have to pay back the money and serve a ONE game suspension. Our dudes are off the team and done of the year?...

MZ...

Not trying to insult here...your comment couldn't be more inaccurate however...

This has been laid out in other posts (Im too lazy to go find the link)...but here is the factual and simple math of the rules the SCHOOLS put into place and are "enforced" via their [the schools] mechanism called the NCAA...

when impermissible benefits are determined...the math is...

How many games did SA participate in while receiving impermissible benefits...thats "x"

Taking into account the "severity" of tje benefit and other factors (lying, school probation, this incident happened before, etc.) it is then determined the suspension penalty will EITHER BE "1:1" or "2:1"...lets call that S1 and S2 variables respectively...

ok...SA gets caught with "impermissible benefits" and had been doing so for 5 games...and the School and NCAA say "1:1" as suspension...

x = 5 games of impermissible benefits
S1 = "1:1" penalty or x*1=5

The SA is ruled to have to sit out of of their next 5 games...not terrible in bball or baseball...CRUSHING in football...could even be season ending...

now...imagine the severe "2:1" suspension penalty

x = 5 games of impermissible benefits
S2 = "2:1" penalty or x*2=10

The SA is ruled to have to sit out of of their next 10 games...a big ouch in bball or baseball...SEASON or CAREER ending in football...just like Young, Grace, and AQM

Its that simple. The determination of the "impermissible benefits" is arbitrary I suppose....the MATH of the suspension penalty id black and white...there is no debating it...

Anyway, I get that Miami is on probation, it ends in about a month. I don't know all the facts of the case because I haven't read every little detail. I don't remember seeing anywhere how long they were getting cars to use. My bad for thinking two seemingly similar situations resulting in drastically different penalties are a wtf scenario. I guess 10 uses of a car could happen in just one week. I wonder how many games he had that $3k bicycle?

he additional infractions stem from a 2014 overnight stay at a house owned by athletics representatives ($179), various meals and clothing ($160) and the use of a vehicle “on approximately 10 occasions ($58).

i couldnt drive my own car ten times for 58$

Anyway, I get that Miami is on probation, it ends in about a month. I don't know all the facts of the case because I haven't read every little detail. I don't remember seeing anywhere how long they were getting cars to use. My bad for thinking two seemingly similar situations resulting in drastically different penalties are a wtf scenario. I guess 10 uses of a car could happen in just one week. I wonder how many games he had that $3k bicycle?

Problem with your attempt to draw a parallel between the 2 situations is you know none of the facts on UM's side.

That's like looking at 2 plates of pasta. One is covered in what you know is mom's incredible Sunday gravy. The other is covered in bloody chunky diarrhea that a bunch of internet dimwits are attempting to convince you is the same as mom's red gravy because they're both red and chunky and are both on top of pasta.

You digging into that Pasta Al'Culo just because some internet retards told you it looks the same?

Advertisement

Problem with your attempt to draw a parallel between the 2 situations is you know none of the facts on UM's side.

That's like looking at 2 plates of pasta. One is covered in what you know is mom's incredible Sunday gravy. The other is covered in bloody chunky diarrhea that a bunch of internet dimwits are attempting to convince you is the same as mom's red gravy because they're both red and chunky and are both on top of pasta.

You digging into that Pasta Al'Culo just because some internet retards told you it looks the same?

lol.. NO, I'm not about no pasta al'culo mang If you're saying had our **** happened at Stanford and the results would have been the same then that's cool. It's not something I posted trying to get into an argument about. Were they getting the cars for an entire season? I missed where it was posted how long and how many times.

Advertisement
Back